Dahua IP intercom: VTO3211D-P2 (new P & P4 ) door station - experience, review, firmware support?

Reaction score
ciao ho bisogno di aiuto, ho comprato un VTO3211D-P, lo userei solo con il mio cellulare con le notifiche, non ho bisogno dello schermo a casa. È possibile farlo? thk

Kemar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello @puntonetlucera ,

Can you speak english please ? If i understand, you want to use the VTO without the VTH (screen) ? It's working for me, i only have a VTO3211D-P2, and i receive the notifications on my phone with gDMSS-Plus.

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did try google:

hi I need help, I bought a VTO3211D-P, I would use it only with my cell phone with notifications, I do not need the screen at home. It's possible to do it? thk.

Kemar

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a little question to VTO users !

I use the 3211d with my sliding gate. I wired "Normaly Open" and "COM" to the command pins of my motor, as i want the VTO to close the circuit for 1 second when i chose to open (or use a RFID card).

The problem is thant when i "unlock", the relay close the circuit, but stays closed for a very long time (more than 3 minutes !) and the motor can't understand that.

I tried to change "Unlock pediod" in "System config --> A&C manager" without succes.

Did someone manage to do it ??

Kemar

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, found it ! If you use Google Chrome, you'll thinks the config is OK, but... it isn't ! Use IE and it'll work like a charm.

AIS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, I want to buy this model VTO3211D-P2. My basic requirements are as below. I have been reading this thread to find answer but got confused. Can you please advise based on your experience.

1. I need a video door phone to talk and see when bell is pushed.
2. I dont want to install VTH, I want to use it on my Andriod phones to get notification when button is pressed. Is it possible?
3. Is it possible to use any other tablet or DHMI screen instead of VTH?

Kemar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

From my experience, here are my answers :

1. I need a video door phone to talk and see when bell is pushed.
It's possible with the app "gDMSS Plus". The app will notify you when someone presses the button and you'll be able to take the call, and open the door remotely.

2. I dont want to install VTH, I want to use it on my Andriod phones to get notification when button is pressed. Is it possible?
Yes, but you can configure only one phone per button. If someone presses button "1", it will call phone "1". Impossible to call 2 phones (or tablets, or whatever with the app) with one button.

I'm not sure i understand your question. You can use an android / apple tablet with the app, and it'll notify when someone presses the button. I think you can let the app running on foreground and it'll act like a VTH.

Be carefull, you can only assign a button with ONE device. So you can't use a tablet AND your phone. It's quite annoying...

The app "gDMSS Plus" isn't very user friendly. Slow, sometimes notifications pops and you can't take the call, the connection to the live stream is sometime slow (10/20 seconds).

I hope it will help you !

AIS

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. Surely it is helpful deciding me if I should really buy this model. It looks to me cheaper Chinese models on AliExpress are more user friendly having more options. I wanted to buy Dahua because of its name and standards. May look for alternate. Not sure if HIKVision has 2 button model with better features.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, but you can configure only one phone per button. If someone presses button "1", it will call phone "1". Impossible to call 2 phones (or tablets, or whatever with the app) with one button.
Off course you can ring multiple phones / devices if you use SIP firmware and a simple sip server like asterisk.
Kemar said:
I'm not sure i understand your question. You can use an android / apple tablet with the app, and it'll notify when someone presses the button. I think you can let the app running on foreground and it'll act like a VTH.
If you use SIP firmware on the VTOxx, you can use all kind of Tablets/ SIP Phones. I e.g. use a Grandstream GXV3140 sip phone to talk to my visitors. I also have the option to pick up the call on any softphone with video support on my android tablet.

Kemar

n3wb
Reaction score
@riogrande75, i'm very interrested by what you say !! As i wrote, it's just based on my little experience. I haven't see a SIP tab in the config, can you share a link to a SIP fw ??

SIP is all i need to integrate the 3211 in my house automation !!

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Actually I'm using VTO2000A devices only -there you have all flavours of firmware.
Just checked, so far it seems that for the 3211 there is still no SIP firmware available. Newest firmware is General_VTO3211D_Eng_P_32M_V1.000.001200.0.R.20180509, but this seems to be dahua's own protocol only.
Nevertheless you might be lucky with your integration when checking the API (attached). This gives you some cool functions, if you are a bit into scripting.

Attachments

Kemar

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes... 3211 doesn't support SIP, and it's a big problem of this device (for me).

I already tries the API, it works great for opening the lock. But what i need is something that launch an action when someone pushes the button. Maybe i don't understand, but it seems that API only works in one way.

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can someone help with new UI I flashed it to the VTH1550 but I cannot access the Project settings anymore.

It asked me for password at the first boot I put 888888 as password and my Email. But then inside te settings I can only use 123456 and this ist for the user settings but I dont find the project settings to set up Room Number and Main Door Station

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Can someone help with new UI I flashed it to the VTH1550 but I cannot access the Project settings anymore.

It asked me for password at the first boot I put 888888 as password and my Email. But then inside te settings I can only use 123456 and this ist for the user settings but I dont find the project settings to set up Room Number and Main Door Station
You can try any of these passwords:
  • Project Setting: 002236
  • Project Setting: 888888
  • Project Setting: 123456
  • User password initially is 123456.
  • Unlock password initially is null.
  • Arm password initially is 123456.
  • Disarm password initially is 123456.
  • Anti-hijack password initially is 654321.

Reactions: int

AIS

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually I'm using VTO2000A devices only -there you have all flavours of firmware.
Just checked, so far it seems that for the 3211 there is still no SIP.
Is VTO2000A with dual buttons? Can work for 2 houses?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score

AIS

n3wb
Reaction score
Initially I liked VTO3211 but it has limitation of binding one mobile only And some people having issues receiving alerts on mobile without VTH. I am looking for outdoor unit only with 2 buttons which can receive alerts on mobile

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Initially I liked VTO3211 but it has limitation of binding one mobile only And some people having issues receiving alerts on mobile without VTH. I am looking for outdoor unit only with 2 buttons which can receive alerts on mobile
My VTO2000A didn't have issues binding with 1 iOs and 1 Android devices, although a VTH is in the picture.

AIS

n3wb
Reaction score
From different reviews i am getting impression VTO2000 is better but unluckily i am need of 2 button unit