Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN & SD29204T-GN)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Great, so the stupid button needs to be held down during boot. Wonderful directions. If that was the reason that there was no ethernet at all on my camera, I just sent it back to China for no good reason...
you didn't try to reset the cam before you shipped it back?

KFD

n3wb
Reaction score
I didnt read anywhere that the button only worked during boot...but it is weird that I had connectivity right up until I loaded the WebUI "plugin", then all ethernet port lights went out and never returned...

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are literally no deployment instructions with this IPC, not even much on Dahua's site (at least that I can see) so I would consider this a Pro model.

If you need hand holding this is not the model for you.

For Pros, this is a super simple configuration to setup. Even more so because an installer doesn't have to worry about aiming, changing lenses, truck rolls to re-aim after the customer has changed their minds, etc etc!

KFD

n3wb
Reaction score
First cam I have ever bought, I just thought the lack of "hand-holding" was cultural or something. I'm still not convinced it wasn't defective...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great, so the stupid button needs to be held down during boot. Wonderful directions. If that was the reason that there was no ethernet at all on my camera, I just sent it back to China for no good reason...
This is common knowledge...this is the reason they dont sell direct to end users..

KFD

n3wb
Reaction score
No CD. I found out about the wiki from this thread. But wiki didnt have that useful reset info.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So anyone by now noticed any negligible difference between the originally reviewed SD29204S version and the replacement SD29204T version?

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, its not.
But if you can mount it under a roof to keep it semi dry it should last for a while.
:)

DeejayT

n3wb
Reaction score
HI @all. Great Forum! I have ordered the Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z and the quality of this camera is very good. Can someone say how the SD29204T-GN is compared to the IPC-HDW5231R-Z is?
I want to order this camera to use it in our stable to watch the horses.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
HI @all. Great Forum! I have ordered the Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z and the quality of this camera is very good. Can someone say how the SD29204T-GN is compared to the IPC-HDW5231R-Z is?
same camera, but one is a ptz form factor.

Soepkip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am also using one of these in a stable and it works fine. I can make a snapshot for you tonight in complete darkness to show how it performs.
A difference I noticed is that the IR on this camera looks quite focused. The IR is also much stronger than that of a IPC-HFW1320s which I had earlier.
I made a snapshot with the old camera to compare, but I can't find it anymore. Might have deleted it :confused:.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello everybody

I am trying to access to this local adresse for api : cgi-bin/ptz.cgi?action=getProtocolList
but i have an error with this command

have you the same problem please ?

BICK