Dahua NVR Reboots during the day

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Obvious question incoming... what's the news?
he actually emailed me back today to see if I could see anything in the event section of onvif device manager, which I set up an intrusion zone and triggered it and I sent him back this and told him to let me know if he needs anything else.

Selection_018.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
he actually emailed me back today to see if I could see anything in the event section of onvif device manager, which I set up an intrusion zone and triggered it and I sent him back this and told him to let me know if he needs anything else.

View attachment 17143
are you sure you dont have standard motion detection enabled again?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
are you sure you dont have standard motion detection enabled again?
I fucking hate this firmware lol yep, when you enable IVS it for some stupid reason automatically checks off motion detection, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy. So yeah, I see nothing in ODM now, fuckers.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same. The dropped frames happens pretty much on every event but took nayr's advice an matched the i-frame to the frame rate and that only results in 1 second being lost, better than nothing.
So Ryan's advice is to set the iframe to match the fps? Not double the FPS. Is that how I understand this? I lose less than a second, but my iframe is double the frame rate.

SD

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried the same thing only using a tripwire but couldn't see anything coming through like you have on the events section of the onvif device manager.
I just played with it and it doesn't even enable MD every time you create a rule so it's like it just randomly gets enabled lol wtf.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
So Ryan's advice is to set the iframe to match the fps? Not double the FPS. Is that how I understand this? I lose less than a second, but my iframe is double the frame rate.

SD
The rule of thumb is to match iframe to fps, I dunno why the PAL firmware on the starlights auto doubled it, the NTSC firmware does not.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The rule of thumb is to match iframe to fps, I dunno why the PAL firmware on the starlights auto doubled it, the NTSC firmware does not.
Yep. With the i-frame double the fps I used to get a large gap, now being matched to the fps it's only a small jump.
Thank you gentlemen. I will adjust as soon as practical.

SD

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. With the i-frame double the fps I used to get a large gap, now being matched to the fps it's only a small jump.
The small jump still sucks, IMO.

To the left of my house is community space where folks can walk across to get in/out of our neighborhood.

If I zoom my camera in enough to ID, folks are only in frame for 2-3 seconds. So even with a small jump, I can miss them entirely.

So now I have the shot zoomed out more than I need to (can't make a clear ID), but it captures them longer, so when the small jump happens, I'm likely to catch them for a second or so on the far side. :/

Reaction score
New problem and I don't know yet what to do. Not only does the NVR reboot on an event, but when it does, it does not always re-establish network connectivity. Sometimes just pulling the Ethernet cable off, waiting, and plugging it back in resolves the problem. The rest of the time, I have to Restart the NVR. Message I get is the network login timed out. Anyone else ever see this?

I guess I have to install SD cards in all the cams, as yesterday I lost about 20 hours of recordings. I really hope Dahua comes out with new firmware soon.

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
New problem and I don't know yet what to do. Not only does the NVR reboot on an event, but when it does, it does not always re-establish network connectivity. Sometimes just pulling the Ethernet cable off, waiting, and plugging it back in resolves the problem. The rest of the time, I have to Restart the NVR. Message I get is the network login timed out. Anyone else ever see this?

I guess I have to install SD cards in all the cams, as yesterday I lost about 20 hours of recordings. I really hope Dahua comes out with new firmware soon.
daammnnnnnn

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've had this happen once. Thought it was something local to my setup.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've got 16 reboots today. It seemed stable for a while, but today has been terrible. Has ANYONE heard anything from Andy about this? I think I might email him and see. This is getting ridiculous. Had I known I would not have bought this NVR at all.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Tygunn -- that's the last update I heard (from 4/5).
I pinged him again on it. I'd at least like to know if this is a hardware or software issue.

I'll have to look at building up a Blue Iris system and just kick the NVR to the side as a backup device that records 24/7 and that's it.... The cameras themselves are rock solid, however, and I have nothing but good to say about them.