Dahua Ultra Starlight Varifocal Bullet (IPC-HFW8232E-Z)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Latest Firmware: DH_IPC-HX8XXX-Nova_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.420.0000.8.R.20161223.bin
Code:
New features:
1. Support smart plan (new intelligent protocol)
2. Support smart codec
3. Support 32/48/64K audio sampling frequency
4. Support regional AWB
7. Support high frame rate 1080P@60fps/3MP@60fps

Optimizations & bug fixes:
1. Unify user authorities of different device end
2. Optimize ANR function that the resolution of ANR video will stay the same with camera's  recording stream
3. Fix CGI bug -- no voice of two-way talk: http:///cgi-bin/audio.cgi?action=postAudio&httptype=singlepart&channel=1
Ive applied this to my ultra starlight w/success, YMMV.. proceed at your own risk.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Code:
New features:
2. Support smart codec
4. Support regional AWB

2. Optimize ANR function that the resolution of ANR video will stay the same with camera's  recording stream
3. Fix CGI bug -- no voice of two-way talk: http:///cgi-bin/audio.cgi?action=postAudio&httptype=singlepart&channel=1
Ive applied this to my ultra starlight w/success, YMMV.. proceed at your own risk.
Damn, gonna have to update the firmware on my cameras later, this one sounds like a good one, do you know if there is any out for the 25x starlight ptz?

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tried with IE 11 or FF, I'm not not able to use the playback, seems starting but nothing is displayed, and even if I try to download the file, is stuck on 0% ....
Even replaced the SD, with a new one, but same result .... to be honest, with the old one, after a day or so, the camera wasn't able to detect the SD, at least until a reboot, but loosing all contents ....
Cheers,
jonatha
Edit ..... Semms solved with the new firmware !!

Kwulabear

n3wb
Reaction score
Code:
New features:
2. Support smart codec
4. Support regional AWB

Nayr, do you still have 30 fps as an option after this update? I did the update this morning and only can choose up to 25 fps for main and sub streams. I think before the update, I could choose 29.97 fps.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Same here, don't remember if it let me do 30 before, not sure that 5fps will make much difference though.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nope I still got it, keep in mind you've always had a reduced FPS ceiling when you enable Backlight or SmartCodec.

I get 50FPS as an option just like before.. sounds like you may of had NTSC firmware installed before, PAL does 25/50FPS and NTSC does 30/60FPS.

Kwulabear

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep. That was it.

edit: The updated firmware is PAL only. Under system/general only pal can be selected. Not sure that matters though.

Last edited:

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Code:
New features:
2. Support smart codec
4. Support regional AWB

nayr, sorry to be a nuisance, but you are a man that knows....

I updated my 8231 cameras with the file that Andy sent earlier this month - did the job and enabled me to turn off the internal IR. It introduced one minor annoyance - the live video width when logging on to the camera now always defaults to full width/adaptive after having set it to original at the previous logon. I'm wondering if your newer still 8XXX firmware for the 8232 will work on the 8231 (plus add the enhancements you listed)

My DH_IPC-HX8XXX-Eos_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.420.0000.21.R.20160724.bin from Andy is 5 months older than yours - a long time for these new starlight cameras. I feel I should know what the difference is between "Eos" and "Nova" but don't and reckon that you will...

Thanks
Dave

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Eos/Nova are different hardware, the 8231 is apparently an EOS and the 8232 is a Nova.. I suspect your camera will reject this firmware anyhow.

and that behavior is the behavior all my Dahua cameras use with the WebUI, I believe SmartPSS 2.0 gives you a setting to define original or stretched AR for it.. I find SmartPSS way better than the browser live stream.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Eos/Nova are different hardware, the 8231 is apparently an EOS and the 8232 is a Nova.. I suspect your camera will reject this firmware anyhow.

and that behavior is the behavior all my Dahua cameras use with the WebUI, I believe SmartPSS 2.0 gives you a setting to define original or stretched AR for it.. I find SmartPSS way better than the browser live stream.
Thanks once again nayr
I use the browser as a good way of using playback from my 128GB sd-cards. I always liked the old PSS (but doesn't like H.265) and haven't got to grips with SmartPSS, but guess you've now pushed me into it - thanks yet again!

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
speaking of browser to local 128GB SD. It appears that when i select the camera icon (upper right corner), the still capture goes to my laptop running the browser. I suspect that the camcorder "record" icon will do the same. However, I have selected (I think) that the storage destination is local and have formatted the disk. How do I make single and three shots and short motion clips go to the SD card? I assume reversing this to capture it on the laptop will become obvious, but for now it is not obvious how to get the manual images and manual video (start-stop record) on the SD card.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you cant manually record video and snapshots to local SD storage.. you can schedule it but those buttons on the WebUI are for the browser plugin which runs locally.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
well that's a drag, especially for early tweaking. how does one start recording video to the SD storage (continuous looped) for playback later? can that process be aborted?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Screenshot 2017-01-31 18.16.29.png

Screenshot 2017-01-31 18.17.36.png

That will record continuously to the SD card, if you want to stop it.. uncheck the record check marks in first screenshot.

To access recordings press playback tab up top

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ya, i thought that was what i had, but got no joy on the SD (no gas in the tank), but i seem to have no green, even though the check box is there. i went in manually and now i have green. i will check in a few minutes to see if my tank is filling up.

upload_2017-1-31_17-33-59.png

upload_2017-1-31_17-36-22.png

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool I have this LE 100W Super Bright Outdoor LED Flood Lights, 250W HPS Bulb Equivalent, Waterproof IP65, 10150lm, Daylight White, 6000K, Security Lights, Floodlight, 5 Years Warrenty - - Amazon.com

I am 1' from sidewalk and 10' from street and street is 30' wide.

About to mount my PTZ or PTZ's on the pole and 2 for pates going each direction and ordered another cam IPC-HFW5231E-Z and deciding if I want both the PTZ's on pole so ordered the PFB303S mount as well.

Figure I will get another PTZ for 4th story deck and to watch back door. This way I can weather watch and see downtown Houston and backdoor with one camera.
Hi, I have same led light over my garage. Can you post pics of your fixed camera in color mode?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just got it all wired up and was actually waiting on one last thing from China before doing the camera install. I also took down the 100w LE, and put up a 50w, but bet it would still give you perspective... Once I have the last shipment, which this time left EMS on 19th of last month and was last seen showed up on track was the 25th and has not seen any more updates since then. Not sure why but had I known I would have spent the extra 45 to have it come DHL and already be installed.

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just got it all wired up and was actually waiting on one last thing from China before doing the camera install. I also took down the 100w LE, and put up a 50w, but bet it would still give you perspective... Once I have the last shipment, which this time left EMS on 19th of last month and was last seen showed up on track was the 25th and has not seen any more updates since then. Not sure why but had I known I would have spent the extra 45 to have it come DHL and already be installed.
I look forward to you posting pictures. Why did you take down 100 w LE for the 50?