Dahua Ultra Starlight Varifocal Bullet (IPC-HFW8232E-Z)

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

thank you for the link, however - and maybe i'm missing some thing... here. With the locale set to international on the dahaua site you get 2.600.0000.14.R.20170830.

I am pretty confident others have at least "2.622.0000001.15.R, Build Date: 2017-11-06" . for this camera.

example: Ipc-hfw8232e-z

other locales have different reversion listed as the latest.

so i admit i'm not an expert but it seems like either i'm looking at someone with a diffrent camera or the firmware doesn't get updated on the website like one would normally expect.

this is a round about way of asking. does anyone have defog working on their cam ?
I get the drop down, but when I try and change it from off it just goes back to off.
also the spec sheet says 50/60 fps at 50/60fps@1080P(1920×1080) but my drop down won't approach that. anyone else seeing 50 or 60 fps as an option ?

Last edited:

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installed new firmware with no issues, where can I find a list of changes/fixes?

MatteoV

n3wb
Reaction score
Even though almost two years old, this seems nowadays still a great recommended IP CAM...Cliff's notes -powered, too. Is there any replacement you guys would look at, before considering buying this one today?
I am thinking whether it is worth going 2MP Starlight versus higher resolutions, thus more details on days. This would mainly look at front porch and assigned parking space, however mainly I am not at home on night, while other flatmates would be in, so it's one of those...
Thanks Nayr for the useful demos. Would anyone have a comparison at hand versus some bullet (turret?) at higher res with similarly good sensors for night vision? Dahua lists so many, and no Starlight, that I'm a bit lost, even though I'm getting along the template you shared.

morpheus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Higher the megapixel the worse it will do at night.
That's a bit too simple. The night view capabilities depends on the the pixel size and the technology used.

The IPC-HF8835F has 8MP and the night view is much better than on the IPC-HFW8232E-Z.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I see the length dimension for this cam is 273.2mm or 10.76inches. Can someone please measure in inches the box portion only of this camera (including hood overhanging the lens). I'd really appreciate it!

n0xlf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Andy, do you have the DH/NTSC version of this?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just tried to install...maybe I didn't do it right because the cam shows the old Dec 2017 version. I simply tried to upload the new version--I did not factory reset first, nor did I do a hard reset afterward.

**EDIT** Software factory reset then tried to install this firmware, but still a nogo....shows Dec 17 firmware. Will try hard reset soon and attempt again.

Last edited:

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@beepsilver
Your camera is the IPC-HFW8232E-Z or the IPC-HFW8232E-ZE ? IIRC, on the last one, I've not been able to install the new fw, while is ok on the IPC-HFW8232E-Z..... maybe later I'll try

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same problem here, can't update firmware. Mine stays on the Dec 17 firmware. My model is IPC-HFW8232E-ZE according to the web interface version page.

The problem I have is adjusting the zoom using the web interface. As soon as I zoom using the slider or + - buttons, zoom controls stop working. To enable further zooming I have to logout and login again. It then allows one move of the slider or one press of the + - buttons and then I have to logout and login again. I have the zoom where I need it now but it would be good to have this fixed. Have tried on multiple browsers with same result.

M-Cube

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone compared the IPC-HFW8331E-Z(E) with either the IPC-HFW8232E-Z(E) or IPC-HDW5231R-ZE?
Can't find any review on that one. I'm leaning more towards the 4:3 factor and a little more pixels.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone compared the IPC-HFW8331E-Z(E) with either the IPC-HFW8232E-Z(E) or IPC-HDW5231R-ZE?
Can't find any review on that one. I'm leaning more towards the 4:3 factor and a little more pixels.
3MP one works great,we tested last week, if totally dark place, 2mp still the best.