Dahua Ultra Starlight Varifocal Bullet (IPC-HFW8232E-Z)

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@nayr
Your model is IPC-HFW8232EP-Z, while that on website is IPC-HFW8232E-Z, do you know the differences ?
Thanks
Cheers,
jonatha

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It indicates it was PAL vs NTSC; however I received NTSC so perhaps Andy's crew updated the firmware before shipping it out.

unless you have a portable cctv analogue display for field calibration it wont matter..

Korgoth

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@nayr
Best videos EVER! And hey, thanks for sharing mine :D
I also like this new bullet. Soon I will upload more videos, also comparing with other brands.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks, glad to see your on here.. your starlight video is pretty epic; do you recall what settings you used for that?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Good to see you on again Korgoth. I'd love to see more videos, particularly comparisons with some of the more expensive options from name brands that we don't get to see a lot of on here.

Korgoth

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah :)
Now I'm back again ;)

thanks, glad to see your on here.. your starlight video is pretty epic; do you recall what settings you used for that?
You mean this "night sky video"?

GAIN set to max (100)
IRIS manual - open on max
Shutterspeed - 1/3s
3DNR - 30%
Bitrate set to maximum - CBR

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
tried a test shot w/gain priority @ 25%.. this is very low noise ID test:
Galileo NVR-Ultra Starlight IPC-HFW8232E-Z-2017-01-13-20-21-06.jpg

Aso notice, unlike Eco Dahuas you can use Shutter/Gain/Aperture Priority & Have Backlight Enabled at the same time.

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hey @nayr will this cam boot on PoE or only on PoE+ ? I see the specs state <13w power draw and PoE caps at 12.95w.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sent by Andy Thursday, today is at the customs in Italy .... :D

Cheers,
jonatha

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have one coming West on the same boat. Should be here Monday I think.

@nayr , If a guy was sitting in your passenger seat looking at the camera, could you see his face detail?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
through the window I very much doubt it with reflections from my lighting, I'm really pushing the distance limits on ID at this point but I cant get any closer nor any more zoom.. without the glass it wouldn't be much further than the sidewalk images im posting.

my PTZ's are going to have better chances of getting a face ID once they get upgraded to Starlights.. I park those highly zoomed in on car doors at night.. this camera is largely for watching this parking spot and intersection at the same time.. so im not going to run it in low noise, highest detail mode.. I'm pretty happy with this camera's performance on AutoExposure w/SSA

hotwire

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any pictures/ video of the front of this camera at night with the IR on? Just wondering how visible/ noticeable the IR is when it's on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you cant really take a photograph of IR emitters and get anything that remotely resembles what the human eye can see.. either it'll have an IR cut filter and wont show them on, or the'll look way brighter than they really do.

it has 4 IR Emitters on it, and they are quite visible when powered..

hotwire

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Kind of figured that was the case. I'm pleased with the IR emitters on the Dahua turret, they seem to be less noticeable than the single IR emitter on the Hikvision turret. The Hikvision EXIR screams "Hey look at me!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hey look at me is a good thing iMHO, means you just got a facial ID..

too people inside vehicles IR looks like normal reflections that are blasting there periphery.. they never see em, and it seems the only pedestrian traffic that notices the IR is up to no good.. If its too much of a concern, use external illumination.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Dave, your camera is IPC-HFW8231E-Z slightly different, but latest new camera already has some update for the software and hardware too, right now the camera is S2, from your picture, the IPC-HFW8231E-Z not very good picture. Your firmware also too old, can ask for some updating, because there has some bugs for the old firmware cams.
Hi EMPIRETECANDY
I have same problems with an 8231E-Z that Dave had. Until I can upgrade to the newer Starlight, could you send me the firmware update also?

My camera for our neighborhood - see screenshot of firmware info

Attachments

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have to complain with Andy, my camera took .... 4 days for travel from China to Italy !! :mad: :D:D
Just kidding, obviously !! Sent Thursday, today in the noon was in my hands (and from Saturday morning until Sunday evening was.... at the customs, in Italy)
Just connected 'on the fly' to my Hik NVR, until now, seems awesome !!
Later, or tomorrow, I'll do some tests in 'real world' environment.
Cheers,
jonatha

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I have to complain with Andy, my camera took .... 4 days for travel from China to Italy !! :mad: :D:D
Just kidding, obviously !! Sent Thursday, today in the noon was in my hands (and from Saturday morning until Sunday evening was.... at the customs, in Italy)
Just connected 'on the fly' to my Hik NVR, until now, seems awesome !!
Later, or tomorrow, I'll do some tests in 'real world' environment.
Cheers,
jonatha
next time we can use free tax way, not such fast, but no tax, this model only 1 now~ if any guy need it, please message me, we will go for holiday soon.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
got some new really fucking bright LED lights for the house, as soon as the snow melts I'll put em up.. Think imna leave this camera in Color 24/7 and rely on my PTZ's with more zoom to get identification.. Since this is the most capable and pointed at the intersection where nobody can bypass it seems like I'll put up with a little more noise in exchange for color data on vehicles and prowlers.
Galileo NVR-Intersection-2017-01-16-20-53-16.jpg

Last edited: