Firmware for newer dahua cams as well as detailed specs available here

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got my two IPC-HDW5231R-ZE yesturday and have them on test now, they came shipped with below firmware, everything seems to be working - Is there any need to update this firmware?

System Version 2.460.0000.15.R, Build Date: 2017-09-07
WEB Version 3.2.1.492613
ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.3.1.458331)

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How is the zoom, do you use it through Blue Iris? I have the same camera on the same firmware and it has a great picture but through Blue Iris it is either all the way zoomed out or all the way zoomed in I can't get it to zoom partway.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In Blue Iris/camera preferences/PTZ/custom html commands, try setting the zoom-in button for the camera to something like:

/cgi-bin/devVideoInput.cgi?action=adjustFocus&focus=0.071429&zoom=0.5

That should get your camera to zoom half way when you hit the zoom-in button. You may have to play with the focus to get it perfect. This works on all my Dahua cameras (including my non-E IPC-HDW5231R-Z). If you have several zoom/focus combinations you would like to use, you can program more BI buttons with different values (ptz up/down/left/right buttons for example). You just have to remember which button you programmed to do what. This is very useful for automating zoom/focus/exposure/etc... with the scheduling system in BI. Copies of the Dahua API pdf can be found all over these forums. Refer to that if you want to expand BI ptz control to more than just zoom/focus.

On a side note, to make camera adjustments go faster, you might want to make use of Dahua web browser commands like this:

http://admin:password@192.168.0.2/cgi-bin/devVideoInput.cgi?action=adjustFocusContinuously&focus=0.071429&zoom=0.5

Of course change the user/password/ip to match your camera. With BI opened up and your favorite browser firing the commands, you can quickly tweak focus, zoom, etc... for a scene.

Cheers,
Kev

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How is the zoom, do you use it through Blue Iris? I have the same camera on the same firmware and it has a great picture but through Blue Iris it is either all the way zoomed out or all the way zoomed in I can't get it to zoom partway.
My Zoom in BI and everything I've test so far seems to be working fine

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@truglo In trying to make the changes suggested I also tried different PTZ settings and when I went back to Onvif then the zoom started working as expected. Glad its working I was contemplating a firmware update but wasn't looking forward to it. Thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got my two IPC-HDW5231R-ZE yesturday and have them on test now, they came shipped with below firmware, everything seems to be working - Is there any need to update this firmware?

System Version 2.460.0000.15.R, Build Date: 2017-09-07
WEB Version 3.2.1.492613
If you arn't having any issue's, I wouldn't.

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you arn't having any issue's, I wouldn't.
That was my thought, I work in the world of IT and we normally only update firmware to correct bugs or security issues. I've got my cams on a private VLAN with no access to the outside world so security is not a concern and as everything seems to be working as I need it the age old "if it's not broke don't fix it" statment applies :)

Testomat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, i have a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE.

System Version 2.460.0000.14.R, Build Date: 2017-07-20
WEB Version 3.2.1.474688

Where can i find the latest firmware ? Sometimes the cam is going off. The cam is not reachable anymore. I have to turn off my switch and after a while, the cam is online. i think it is the same problem like here ?
Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231RN-Z not working :(

Looney, any advice for me ?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, i have a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE.

System Version 2.460.0000.14.R, Build Date: 2017-07-20
WEB Version 3.2.1.474688

Where can i find the latest firmware ? Sometimes the cam is going off. The cam is not reachable anymore. I have to turn off my switch and after a while, the cam is online. i think it is the same problem like here ?
Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231RN-Z not working :(

Looney, any advice for me ?
On the cams page at the Dahua international site. http://www.dahuasecurity.com/

But, more times than not, this is a cable issue. Rule that out first by using a known good factory made cable to test.
Or simply try resetting the cam to factory defaults.

Testomat

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe it is a cable problem. But i'm asking me, why is it working sometimes for 2-3 days, sometimes a week...it's different times, i don't have a connection to the cam. The cable is not moving, don't touch anything...It's funny.
I will buy two new cable and try it again. I come back later.

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
for about £5 you can buy a cable tester (even the very cheap ones work just fine) saves a lot of hassle trying to guess and allows you to quickly rule in or out the cable

dmsims

n3wb
Reaction score
for about £5 you can buy a cable tester (even the very cheap ones work just fine) saves a lot of hassle trying to guess and allows you to quickly rule in or out the cable
Yes but these only test for continuity (which will pass)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well it will also confirm the pairs are correct as well but how else would you look to test a copper cable?
Actually a continuity tester will not tell you that the pairs are correct.
It simply confirms that the wire connected to pin x at one end is also connected to pin x at the other end, and there are no shorts.
It has no way to determine if the twisted pairs have been maintained properly.

But a continuity tester in conjunction with a visual inspection that the wire colour sequence is correct will be a valid test, given that wire gauge and cable length are within specification.

Jedi2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Where do people get their latest firmware for international model camera like SD49225T-HN?