Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The web GUI update on the NVR should retain the full configuration.
A tftp firmware update will clear it.
That's no help for the cameras though.
One thing I haven't explored is the password reset effect when camera passwords are synced with the NVR.
Maybe someone could test this ...

sbm

n3wb
Reaction score
I actually went through a different procedure with that camera and got a curious result: In SDAP I seem to have managed to reset the password "halfway". SDAP will now let me change settings and confirm it but if I go and try that password through the web interface, nope. So there's something odd there with the firmware. I can even renumber the IP camera, but it won't let me login via its web GUI directly. Very weird.

I'll see if I can find the TFTP utlity so often mentioned around here and try a TFTP upgrade of at least the DVR....Thanks again!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a bit odd. You'd think network settings would need admin credentials.
Something else maybe worth looking at, if you haven't already seen this, is the so-called batch configuration tool.
It's great for fine-detailed configuration in English of Chinese menu cameras.
I don't recall if it has any password change options that might be tried.
On the Hikvision eu website - on the phone just now, so I can't send a link.

venyv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys new to Hikvision Cameras and I just picked up two cameras went to set them up on the network and it looks like the default password has been changed. I tried calling Hikvision to reset the password and was told that the cameras were not US based so they could not reset the password. I tried the tool but the Camera Sofware is version 5.3.6 so it does not look like that tool will work for me. Does anyone have a contact that I can send the XML file to to get a key or a file to reset the password with?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Presumably the seller has 'Activated' the cameras (that version of firmware requires that) and put their own password on.
Have you tried contacting the seller to ask what they did?

Common passwords have been (the defaults before 'Activation' came in) - 12345 123456789abc
And sellers have been known to use 123456789a
And try CAPs as well with those.

venyv

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, tried all those in the different variations but no luck. Contacted Hikvision support they provided me with the input key but it would not work and emailed them back then got the reply "The Serial Number of the device that you purchased is NOT from the USA authorized distributor." and they told me to contact the person I purchased them from and I have. I think I am just going to get a refund at this point. Can anyone recommend a good US reseller for Hikvision?

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, tried all those in the different variations but no luck. Contacted Hikvision support they provided me with the input key but it would not work and emailed them back then got the reply "The Serial Number of the device that you purchased is NOT from the USA authorized distributor." and they told me to contact the person I purchased them from and I have. I think I am just going to get a refund at this point. Can anyone recommend a good US reseller for Hikvision?
Of course the username is admin but I assume you already know that :)

SajeevJino

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any option same like this for resetting DVR password also..or else we can use the same program for DVR's also

Sent email to hik vision support team, it's more than 24 hours, they didn't reply, except the confirmation mail

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
As long as the DVR is old enough to use this old method then I imagine it would work. Some people have a heck of a time with accuracy and/or instruction following though, and end up believing it doesn't work when it actually does.

jowo

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you find a solution? I'm form Germany and called the European support but they were really unfriedly and up to now I don't have any possiblity to reset my cam. I hava a Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I

Pete

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
DS-DE52201W-AE

Hi, has there been any more research done with this fix? It sure doesn't work for me! I have followed the steps religiously reading many posts for hints, still
the code does not appear.

Anyone care to try for a code? DS-7608NI-K2/8P0820160628CCRR618677494WCVU

todays date 2016 11 05

Last edited:

Wael Magdy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
please i need help
i can remember My company NVR and i have a problem with my manger because this problem and send many mails to hikvision support did't answer me
please i need help
Serial NVR : DS-7616NI-E2/16P1620150617AARR524694230WCVU
Date : 1970-01-01 00:57:30
Software Version :V3.3.2build 150522
pleaseeeeeeeee helppppppppppp

jjmr33

n3wb
Reaction score
It did not work for me.
I have a DVR Turbo HD DS-7200 Series
Serial Number: DS-7216HGHI-F11620151202AAWR558547385WCVU
Date & Time: 2016-11-24 23:12:08
Software: V3.1.12build 151008

Hikvision Tool: V1.0.0.2 build 20121221

Mubashir

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have forgot my admin password of my iVMS-4500 app on android how to recover, on other devices it's working fine, all my cameras working it's on LED and other mobiles, please help me to recover my password!

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I have forgot my admin password of my iVMS-4500 app on android how to recover, on other devices it's working fine, all my cameras working it's on LED and other mobiles, please help me to recover my password!
use the password you have in android it should be the same. This is why I ALWAYS create a second account with admin privilage and have the password the same as another password i use daily to log into the 10 millions things for work that way i never forget it. plus i store them on a excel sheet thats hidden on the computer just in case

nurallif

n3wb
Reaction score
thank v.m>>>> first it hard to undrstnd.. at last<, it's very very easy to use.. it help me lot.. thank,,