Hikvision - Clearing Passwords and/or Loading Firmware via TTL Serial

GECOM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a problem with NVR Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P, new never operated, it does not start, no beeps, it is not seen on the net, following the forum I equipped myself with the material, it happened that by detaching the interface TTL NVR starts with beep, I connect to TV and configure, I notice that it gave configuration problems such as changing the clock was not possible and other abnormal things, I download the latest firmware and upgrade, then I reset the NVR and configure again. The problem is when I turn it off it doesn't start anymore, black screen, I noticed that with PUTTY it says it can't find files to start and goes into a loop. Another thing is that NVR is not seen on the network with ip 192.0.0.64 as if Hikvision has excluded TFTP procedure. I thank in advance who can help me, if possible to program NVR via serial.

GECOM

n3wb
Reaction score
The NVR was put into operation 8 months after purchase. Contacted the seller online, they don't respond to emails, after which I bought a new NVR with no PoE ports with a separate 8 port PoE switch. Now I find myself with this NVR to recover.

tucuna2408

n3wb
Reaction score
no command works for me. It's an IDS7232-HQHI-M2/S dvr, I don't know if it's because it's a new model, but the setenv bootcmd';update' command worked for me with other models with this no. If someone can help me, thank you very much.

blauangel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I am new on this forum and appreciate information what i found here but stil not sure if i can use this manual for ttl to solve my issue:
I have a hybrid DVR/NVR DS-7208HQHI-K1 and when I will change anything in settigns with any of path what I found (IVMS, WebGUI, Local monitor/mouse GUI, or batch config app) after reboot it will be change back to the settings before changes neither reset to default settings or upgrade to new firmware not work.
and my question is: Can I somehow connect my computer COM port(I have a desktop PC with COM or serial port ) to the one of the white connector on the motherboart of the DVR and will connect via putty and reinstall the OS can this solve my "read only" status of the OS? and if anybody know witch of the white conectors are the serial port please tell me? Thank you
also I am not a nature english speaker that if there is anything unclear please let me know.
I am adding photo of my mother board and information about firmware version.
Thank you for any type of help.

20230629_173310.jpg

Attachments

tucuna2408

n3wb
Reaction score
setenv ';update' no me funciona tampoco. No sé si será el u-boot 2019.04
Mi pregunta es si a alguien le funciono algún comando con este u-boot 2019

Setenv ';update' tampoco funciona para mí. No sé si será el submarino 2019.04

Mi pregunta es si algún comando funcionó para alguien con este u-boot 2019

hass123

n3wb
Reaction score
Cześć. Czy ktoś wie jak zresetować hasło (tzn. wymusić ponowną aktywację) urządzenia na tej płycie? Model urządzenia to DS-7316HUHI-K4

Widziałem, że niektóre z nich mają przełączniki, ale ten nie. Być może ma gdzieś skoczek, ale kandydatów jest tak wielu i żadnego oczywistego.
Myślałem może o tym obok kondensatorów po lewej stronie?

View attachment 154147
View attachment 154149
Only via RS-232

Awanport

n3wb
Reaction score
Здравствуйте, помогите решить проблему. второй день мучаюсь не знаю что я делаю не так
HKVS # setenv bootcmd ‘tftp 192.0.0.128 digicap.dav; update 192.0.0.64; boot 192.0.0.64’
timeout wait for link failed!
ETH0: PHY(phyaddr=1, mii) not link!
ETH1: PHY(phyaddr=2, mii) not link!
higmac init fail!
bootm — boot application image from memory

jaxpher

n3wb
Reaction score
good day everyone

setenv ';update'
setenv '; '

setenv in not working
any solution fot this?
HKVS $

U-Boot 2019.04 (Nov 20 2021 - 18:35:17 +0800), Build: jenkins-Backend-BSP-CCI-4941

setenv ';update' no me funciona tampoco. No sé si será el u-boot 2019.04
Mi pregunta es si a alguien le funciono algún comando con este u-boot 2019

Setenv ';update' tampoco funciona para mí. No sé si será el submarino 2019.04

Mi pregunta es si algún comando funcionó para alguien con este u-boot 2019

hunnts

n3wb
Reaction score
Sup guys, got a NVR with root access, anyone need anything from it?

1700073975561.png
Its a 7216hqhi-m1, one of the new models of hik

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe this?
No, that's just the busybox command line set. after the device has fully booted up.
The bootloader can be accessed by interrupting the startup at the serial console, usually with Control-U pressed straight after power on.

Previously, bootloader commands could mostly be listed with the 'help' command.
But Hikvision have changed the code so that helpful info no longer appears.
And the way the commands are invoked has been hidden behind some further obstacles.

To get the real remaining commands and how to invoke them, the flash memory where the bootloader resides would have to be copied out, and attempts made to get round the obfuscation and cloaking mechanisms to disassemble and understand the code.
Not an easy task - and not one that can be explained over forum posts.

But I am curious - how did you bypass Hikvision's 'psh' shell to get to a root prompt?
That's not so easy, usually.

hunnts

n3wb
Reaction score
I get it. This device fully uncrypt itself and hang due a hardware error, this is very common, i got an idea how to reproduce it but i dont have another same device to fully test it.
as far i understand, i can access all the files in the dvr, thats why i asked u if someone need anything, but im not good enough on linux to know where is the important things.
I found the psh file and when i run it, i got the capped shell that u see when the device is fully running.
I attach a file that shows all folders and files using "find" command just in case

Attachments