Hikvision - Clearing Passwords and/or Loading Firmware via TTL Serial

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "antonio1, post: 331843, membro: 69414"] Questa era la chiave, ho risolto il problema, il mio DVR è tornato a vivere di nuovo. Grazie comunque del tuo aiuto, mi hai davvero aiutato molto. [/ QUOTE]
did you find the solution?

Atlant12

n3wb
Reaction score
This was the key, I solved the problem, my DVR is back to live again. Thank you anyway for your help, you really helped me a lot.
I have the same problem , after checking hikvision site i found anew firmware version to my device 7216HUHI K2 . After i upgrade my newfirmware version problems started. i can not recover from tftp and a can not interrupt bootloader, commands not working, only
HKVS $ .
how you solve the problem ?

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same problem , after checking hikvision site i found anew firmware version to my device 7216HUHI K2 . After i upgrade my newfirmware version problems started. i can not recover from tftp and a can not interrupt bootloader, commands not working, only
HKVS $ .
how you solve the problem ?
I also had the same problem, I updated and now I can no longer access the normal menu. wait Antonio1 I did not understand if he solved ..

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have a OEM nvr that came with 4.XXX firmware. and wish to flash it to hikvision firmware. now out of luck. no longer work.

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you have a OEM nvr that came with 4.XXX firmware. and wish to flash it to hikvision firmware. now out of luck. no longer work.
I do not understand, have you got the firmware wrong too?

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do not understand, have you got the firmware wrong too?
No. I don’t like OEM firmware. Some of my nvr came with 4.1.54. And can’t change to Hikvision anymore. But 3.4.96 still can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bart F

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with my NVR. DS-7604NI-E1/4P when the software is update was turned off the energy in my house and the update was not completed. After restarting nvr is a black screen no menu. So how can I fix this problem . Thank you. Bart .

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
After restarting nvr is a black screen no menu.
Presumably that's on the VGA/HDMI interface.
Just in case it's a screen resolution issue, it would be worth checking if the NVR is visible to SADP over the network : SADP Tool
If so - and the IP address still matches what's used on your network, double-click the IP address shown in SADP, which will launch the default browser, and see if you get a login screen.

If there is no obvious activity, the Hikvision tftp updater tool should be able to recover the NVR.
The tool and instructions are here : TFTPServ
And you already have the firmware I believe.
If not - a good selection is available here : K41 DS-76xxNI-Ex / DS-77xxNI-Ex NVR firmware

mrigor

n3wb
Reaction score
i can connect with putty using ttl adapter. Booth using CTRL-U. i set the ip address of 192.0.0.64 and have tftp open with 192.0.0.128. Firewall turned off... No connects to tftp. i am lost. any suggestions?

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i can connect with putty using ttl adapter. Booth using CTRL-U. i set the ip address of 192.0.0.64 and have tftp open with 192.0.0.128. Firewall turned off... No connects to tftp. i am lost. any suggestions?
make sure you turn off all firewall and before open tftp. second, set pc ip to 192.0.0.128.

Tamer A

n3wb
Reaction score
i have the same issue after update to 4.2 and tried tftp tool and uptool, TTL cltr+u u-boot without command update (Did not find any commands )My Ds 7208huhi-k2 is sent to Hikvision main agent in Egypt they said they will try to connect with hik cable but also no luck, They are so bad support i have ever seen, is there any idea how to flash the rom ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i cant find the ttl port on my main board
It's not very clear from the image - but it looks like the device may have the serial console on the RS232 interface via the DB9 socket on the back panel.
If so - that's RS232, not TTL serial, requires a different type of connection to the PC.
A serial TTL interface will be damaged if connected to an RS232 interface.

Zava

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same... dvr - DS-7208HUHI-K2 , after firmware upgrade no user to choose, so can't login. SADP don't see it, but there is answer to ping via pc... I am tryging fix it second week in free time...
I can connect via putty, but there is no response to keyboard , can't stop booting via ctr+U, and can't put any command after dvr is up. I was looking for putty settings, because I am not only one with this problem ( no keybord response in putty) but I hope that somebody will help here :) It looks similary to Gregs53 problem. thx
Hi, same problem, after update DS-7208HUHI-K2, i cannot login. on GUI not see admin, but 10 encoded users.
Sadp show DVR but webport is : 65535 and Port is 256, i cannot change.
Also TFTP do not work, not search any file, but answert to ping is OK.
Any suggestion to recover it ?