Hikvision IPC Firmware 5.5.0 - released 24 Sept 2017

edgd

n3wb
Reaction score
@RyanODan, model is ds-2cd2142fwd-I (poe), overall navigation are quicker, reboot is much slower. Specific users are needed to access onvif features. The reason i upgraded was a problem with smb/cifs. Still there though, but I think it s rather a glitch on my server.

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A5000 en utilisant Tapatalk

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
You are joking right ? Haven't you read anything in this forum?
Don't go further then 5.4.5 if you must upgrade.
I destroyed 3 cams thanks to Hikvision's crap firmware, not to mention they're non existent support.
Exact Same problem i just destroyed 3 cams with the firmware update 2 cubes no alarm notification, and also my 4MP dome freezes after a day or two after the 5.5.0 firmware... Good job Hikvision.
I just noticed this you are right, while entering the email settings on a reseted cam with 5.5.0 as i press save I get a "device error" popup message the camera is unable to save the settings.
So its not just the push alarms, it's like having bricked cameras since all the basic security functions don't work.
I cannot believe how useless this company is, it's been almost a month and many of my cams are not working due to their crap firmware, they have not released any new firmware and they do not provide a tool to roll back firmware.
Their support is non existent, they don't even recognize the problem.
I wonder if any other chinese cam makers like dahua for example are any better in terms of hardware, firmware and support.
Or maybe I should sell a kidney and start buying proper European security cameras like AXIS...
Great, welcome to the fartvision club i am one year now with useless cameras...

1. You do realize the chance of Hikvision releasing a firmware with a "shitstorm of bugs" is extremely rare right? This thread would be much much longer if the firmware really had that many problems.

2. Do you know that factory defaulting to clear any old firmware configuration is what to do if a firmware upgrade causes issues?

I would suggest to start researching and troubleshooting instead of complaining. You might learn a few things and possibly even resolve your issues.

Last edited:

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would suggest to start researching and troubleshooting instead of complaining. You might learn a few things and possibly even resolve your issues.
Hikvision has pulled some real boneheaded stunts over the years, and their support for end users is non-existent (since they want you to go through their channel providers, so its understandable that's their business model). However, in general, I agree with your statement above. I have 15 cameras running 5.5, and I have zero issues (unless I am the one who causes them :) )

HikGr

n3wb
Reaction score
1. You do realize the chance of Hikvision releasing a firmware with a "shitstorm of bugs" is extremely rare right? This thread would be much much longer if the firmware really had that many problems.

2. Do you know that factory defaulting to clear any old firmware configuration is what to do if a firmware upgrade causes issues?

Im not complaining,im just stating the facts if this was a official hikvision support forum yes i might complain.

Factory reset does nothing, releasing firmware with bugs happens all the time with hikvision, thats why for many models they release new firmware every month or so trying to "fix" the bugs previous firmware releases created.
As for this forum not being a million pages long, there is just a handfull of people that understand the technical details and want everything to work correctly, most people hire a company to install cameras, if they see an image at a monitor they are happy, they have no concept of what is 480p vs 2.5k

They do not understand that some
Image smoothing setting will cause noise due to a nice hikvision bug, in fact they have never seen the camera settings

They never use FTP that is bugged from 5.5.0 and after and does not work, and so on...

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m glad this is not a windows forum :highfive:
All of mine from covert camera,domes,turrets,bullets,cubes,mini pt,and R7 PTZ,all with there own latest firmware run perfectly

HikGr

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have anything with R6 ?
Are the first one's you mentioned R6 ?

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
DS-2CD2742FWD-IZ
V5.5.0 build 170725
DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS
V5.5.0 build 170725

HikGr

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-2CD2742FWD-IZ
V5.5.0 build 170725
DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS
V5.5.0 build 170725
Hmm i see, thanks for the info, maybe you are not having issues due to the reason that your cameras are more expensive than my retarded DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS & DS-2CD2442FWD-IW
If i remember correctly i don't recall many problems with the more expensive models...

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I've setup and used hundreds of them as well. No issues so far.

Are you 100% sure you defaulted your camera to factory defaults? How did you default it?

Also, the wifi setup has changed on the 5.5.0 firmware. Default them, connect them to your router with an ethernet cable and start by adding a device using the ivms-4500 or Hik-Connect app.

HikGr

n3wb
Reaction score
I think ill be brave and update tomorrow one of my cubes with 5.5.5 and see if starts working properly again...

HikGr

n3wb
Reaction score
I've setup and used hundreds of them as well. No issues so far.

Are you 100% sure you defaulted your camera to factory defaults? How did you default it?

Also, the wifi setup has changed on the 5.5.0 firmware. Default them, connect them to your router with an ethernet cable and start by adding a device using the ivms-4500 or Hik-Connect app.
Ive setup about 10 of them mixed cubes and domes, all self destructed after 5.5.0 check from page one to see a list of bugs me and other users experienced.

I fully resseted them more than 2 times also an official hikvision technician remote connected to my pc and checked everything.
He was tweeking for 1 week yes one week you heard right i gave him admin access to all of my cams because after... yes i will say it again... after the shitstorm of bugs i demostrated he was pulling his pubic hair one by one with tweezers... he couldn't believe that basic functions where not working.
He communicated back and forth with the Chinese HQ and suprise surprise nothing came of it they couldn't do anything about it...

HikGr

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't forget to default it afterwords! :ohsnap:
Yes thanks mate i already figured that out after the technician flashed them and reset them 10x times each trying to figure out why nothing was working...

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@HikGr All joking aside, I hope you get them fixed. If you ever want me to take a look let me know.

HikGr

n3wb
Reaction score
I can confirm that IVMS-4500 push notifications now work with the 5.5.5 firmware, i haven't tested the rest of the bugs but at least the notifications that where very important for me work...
On other news while upgrading a 4MP cube to 5.5.5 it caught fire, i managed to unplug the power just on time, my room smelled of burned electronics for 2 days.
I send the camera back since it was on warranty and im waiting for the shop to reply.