Hikvision's new 4MP 2-series

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Dutchie30

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi I got 2042s as well, powered them up today just in test. I didn't see any flashing when looking in liveview. I did experience razers ghosting though with the noise reduction set to 100 max, and as Razer said I didn't notice this with the 3MP cams I had.

My cameras are 5.3.3 BUT International English versions.

If its a English firmware updated but Chinese it will have "CCH" in the serial number. I think you can see that from the system level GUI of the cameras.

Reaction score
New to the forum and IP camera in general. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I setup an i7 system using blue iris. Bought the CMIP3142W-28S = DS-2CD2542FWD. I am using it inside the house and 90% of the time curtains are closed and dark in the room. But would like to see color at least when lights are on in the room. Currently always black and white. Was also seeing ghost image. I continue to play around but can't dial it in for the best picture. Any recommendation for the following setting in this situation?

Attachments

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not quite sure why you're not getting color when the standard lights are on in the room. Even one standard CFL bulb in a lamp (equivalent to 60 watt incandescent) will make mine jump to day mode. If you shine a flashlight at it or move the camera into a brighter location, does it flip to day mode? If so, then just try adjusting the sensitivity to make it as sensitive as possible. Also try it with "Smart IR" set to "off" and see if that makes any difference.

As far as the image quality goes, I would set the WDR to off, as you typically wouldn't need this indoors and from my experience, the WDR on these new 4mp models gives a very washed out image. I think you'd be better off cutting the WDR off and then increasing the brightness to like 50 something or 60 something. Lower the contrast some...Increase the "gain" to 100...Lower the saturation to the 50s or 60s range. That should give you a good picture in a room with lights on. May need to change the white balance setting to the type of light bulb you're using if the auto white balance doesn't reproduce the colors correctly.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks that did help. But i still get ghosting when somebody is walking.
If you can upload a video of this, I'm sure we can give your issue personalized attention. I recommend a new thread because this one is huge and replies may go unnoticed.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks that did help. But i still get ghosting when somebody is walking.
Sounds like "motion blur" is what you're experiencing, which can be caused by the shutter speed being too low. A slower shutter speed lets more light into the camera and gives a brighter image, but at the cost of blurring objects in motion. I would try changing the shutter speed to a faster value. Just not too fast or your image will look too dark.

If that doesn't help, make sure you're streaming at least 15 frames per second. May also try adjusting the "frame interval" to different values and see if anything changes.

As a last course, if you're encoding at a Variable Bit Rate, you can try changing it to Constant Bit Rate..Sometimes Constant Bit Rate can perform better in high motion environments. Make sure the bitrate is at least a couple thousand kb/s.

As a side note, I'm assuming you are connected to a router and not going through a DVR in which the DVR settings may need adjusting. If it's going straight to a router, make sure your router can handle the bandwidth of your stream and make sure the computer/device you are viewing on is able to handle the stream. On my computer, I get a smooth stream when looking through webcomponents plugin, but my stream is very choppy/ skips frames if I'm viewing through VLC Media Player as if it can't process the stream fast enough.

slothbal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have purchased NVR7716NI-E4/16P V3.3.4. Build 150616 & 2542 5.3.3 Build 150630.
However, I could no get the sound on 2542 to work.
I have already in configuration turn on the stream to Video/Audio.

Could any one advice what went wrong?

johny82

n3wb
Reaction score
Did anyone ever fix the white flashing problems?

Having it happen on DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS english version

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you try changing from 50Hz to 60Hz/

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Turn on Virtual host so you can go into the web UI of each camera and do it one by one. That's how I did mine

johny82

n3wb
Reaction score
Changed to 60 ... still getting white flashing (black flashing at night) but not as bad... I have 2 4MP camera's both have the problem

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ask your vendor for a firmware update. It fixed my white flashing/ black flashing issue. Dreamboat and I both posted our files in the other thread.