Hikvision's new 4MP 2-series

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just installed 5.3.6 on an lts 4mp bullet without any problems..
firmware: V5.3.6 build 151105 / encoding: V7.0 build 151027 / web: v4.0.1 build 150915 and plugin 3.0.5.42.

The web interface has a new look, but most of the settings appear to be the same - just new interface. i did notice that on 5.3.3 there were 4 intrusion or line crossing zones that could be created.. 5.3.6 only has 1. The interface seems snappier. One problem I was having on 5.3.3 was when an intrusion alert would occur, it would not email me. If I made an adjustment it worked for a day or two.. then it would no longer email.. motion detection recording has always worked fine. I will see if the WDR is improved over the next day or two.

peraburek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just installed 5.3.6 on an lts 4mp bullet without any problems..
firmware: V5.3.6 build 151105 / encoding: V7.0 build 151027 / web: v4.0.1 build 150915 and plugin 3.0.5.42.
do you have Aliexpress.com version of Hikvision IP cam, or do you have WR (Western Region) - is WR part of your serial number?

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes - WR is part of the serial number. Its an LTS 8242W - which I believe is a hikvision 2042

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
a few things I have noticed - the interface seems snappier and when you go to edit the image, the preview shows up all the time - whereas before that preview window would either not show or take a while to show. WDR "seems" to be improved, although it appears the motion blur is still present if the noise reduction is above 50. Finally, the intrusion detection still wont send an email, but motion detection still works fine.

archetype

n3wb
Reaction score
Any recommendations on NVR's (preferably with on board POE) to pair with these cameras? I attempted to get a Samsung SRN-1673S to recognize the cameras via ONVIF and the NVR would not find them.

archetype

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you.

Would you recommend the same line for a 16 channel DVR (DS-7616NI-E2/16P) or any of the new DS-7600NI-I2 series? I have 5 DS-2CD2142FWD-IS's and will likely be adding many more in the near future. Need something that can keep up with the traffic.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you.

Would you recommend the same line for a 16 channel DVR (DS-7616NI-E2/16P) or any of the new DS-7600NI-I2 series? I have 5 DS-2CD2142FWD-IS's and will likely be adding many more in the near future. Need something that can keep up with the traffic.
DS-7600NI-I2 SUPPORT 4K HDMI output. I go with DS-7600NI-I2. btw, the made 8 or 16 channels.

peraburek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
do you have Aliexpress.com version of Hikvision IP cam, or do you have WR (Western Region) - is WR part of your serial number?
just to inform others, my camera ordered from Aliexpress.com had WR in serial number, I have flashed new firmware without any problem
5.3.6 has new UI, feels snappier
audio problem is still present unfortunately :(

Last edited by a moderator:

archetype

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-7600NI-I2 SUPPORT 4K HDMI output. I go with DS-7600NI-I2. btw, the made 8 or 16 channels.
The DS-7600NI-I2 looks like the way to go. As far as using the POE (Plug and Play) ports with the DS-7600NI-I2 and my DS-2CD2142FWD-IS cameras, I shouldn't expect any issues correct?

Any particular vendors recommendations on purchasing in the US for the
DS-7600NI-I2?

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The DS-7600NI-I2 looks like the way to go. As far as using the POE (Plug and Play) ports with the DS-7600NI-I2 and my DS-2CD2142FWD-IS cameras, I shouldn't expect any issues correct?

DS-7600NI-I2?
Hit up milkisbad in the forums, Price & Service is great.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

DS-7600NI-I2?
I don't see any US dealer has it yet. I only see the 9600 series nvr for now

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

NYIPman

n3wb
Reaction score
Will the DS-2CD2542FWD-I detect 940nm wavelength IR LED's? Has anyone tried with other Hikvision models?

Looking to see if I can install covert illuminators with these.

xyamas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Dutchie30, I recently purchased a new DS-2CD2042WD-I and have mixed feelings about it. I already owned a DS-2CD2232-I5 EXIR camera and was fairly pleased with it. The IR is very good on the 2232-I5. The trick as a newbe was trying to find the IR settings on the 2232-I5 that wouldn't blow out the image when walking up to the camera. I settled on a better image rather than lighting up my entire small backyard which the 2232 was easily capable of.

The DS-2CD2042WD-I is another story. The daytime images are great, a bit better than my 2232. The nighttime images, if there is nothing moving, are good. The problem is motion blur at night. I've tried everything I could think of. If I set the exposure time up it minimizes the blur ( 1/50) but it still produces moving images with absolutely no detail. If I set the exposure time higher the whole image becomes so dark that it's useless. This is true even when I turn the smart IR off. Keep in mind that I'm talking about getting images of my car in my driveway at night. The front of the car is 12 feet from the camera which is mounted under my eves. I have two outside wall lights that I keep on all night to illuminate my car and driveway.

I'm thinking of buying a IR illumination light to see if I can jack the exposure time up and keep the image bright. I've already set the cameras to switch the image settings by time. The 2232 is set with a 1/30 exposure time with no blur. The 2042 is set at 1/50 exposure time, smart IR ON, 15 foot distance, 25FPM. Back lighting and WDR both off as they both seem to add noise or image problems. The blur is extremely bad.

If anyone has suggestion please do so. At this point I think I wish I bought a 3mp EXIR turret as I bet the IR is far superior than the 2042. Thanks

MaxIcon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Most of these cams will see 940nm, no problem. However, the sensors are a lot less sensitive to 940nm, and there's less energy in the 940nm spectrum as well, so it takes a good bit more IR power to get the same illumination as you would with 850nm.

Dutchie30

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Dutchie30, I recently purchased a new DS-2CD2042WD-I and have mixed feelings about it. I already owned a DS-2CD2232-I5 EXIR camera and was fairly pleased with it. The IR is very good on the 2232-I5. The trick as a newbe was trying to find the IR settings on the 2232-I5 that wouldn't blow out the image when walking up to the camera. I settled on a better image rather than lighting up my entire small backyard which the 2232 was easily capable of.

The DS-2CD2042WD-I is another story. The daytime images are great, a bit better than my 2232. The nighttime images, if there is nothing moving, are good. The problem is motion blur at night. I've tried everything I could think of. If I set the exposure time up it minimizes the blur ( 1/50) but it still produces moving images with absolutely no detail. If I set the exposure time higher the whole image becomes so dark that it's useless. This is true even when I turn the smart IR off. Keep in mind that I'm talking about getting images of my car in my driveway at night. The front of the car is 12 feet from the camera which is mounted under my eves. I have two outside wall lights that I keep on all night to illuminate my car and driveway.

I'm thinking of buying a IR illumination light to see if I can jack the exposure time up and keep the image bright. I've already set the cameras to switch the image settings by time. The 2232 is set with a 1/30 exposure time with no blur. The 2042 is set at 1/50 exposure time, smart IR ON, 15 foot distance, 25FPM. Back lighting and WDR both off as they both seem to add noise or image problems. The blur is extremely bad.

If anyone has suggestion please do so. At this point I think I wish I bought a 3mp EXIR turret as I bet the IR is far superior than the 2042. Thanks
Post some videos so we can help. Also, make sure you either disable or limit DNR to 10 at the most.

MiniOh

n3wb
Reaction score

Try to set up I-Frame interval to 50 or 60.
That is your actual I-Frame setting?

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Keep the exposure a 1/50 but make sure you've set the Digital Noise Reduction to 50 (or less). If DNR is much above 50 you'll get a lot of motion blur.

Reaction score
Finally, the intrusion detection still wont send an email, but motion detection still works fine.
I have a 2T45-I8 running 5.3.3. Email with pictures attached causes the camera to reboot...it's logged and consistent every time. Email with just the header and no pictures attached works fine but is pretty much useless.

Is there a newer firmware available?

xyamas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've had the DS-2CD2042WD-I camera for a month now and I'm really disappointed in my purchase. The daytime image is very good, but the night time image is so poor it renders the camera useless. To be clear, I can get a night time image to look okay but as soon as the subject moves it becomes a horrible blur. I tried every setting possible and have even tried adding external IR in an effort to increase the exposure settings to minimize the blur and ghosting. If I could send this camera back I would. I also own a Hik DS-2CD2232-I5 and consider this camera far superior to the 4MP bullet. The 2232-I5 has very good night images, no blurring, no problems. I purchased the 4MP bullet and I'm simply trying to get good images, day and night, of my car in the driveway which is only 15 feet from the camera. I mention that in order to illustrate that I'm not expecting the IR on this camera to cover more than 25 to 30 feet. At this point I sometimes feel like I have a second job trying to correct the dismal night time performance of this camera. I think I should have got the DS-2CD2342WD-I which is an EXIR like my 2232_I5. In short, I think the DS-2CD2042WD-I is something to stay away from.