zmx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
error

Last edited by a moderator:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
My gawd... Thank you @zmx For weeks I have felt like I was on an island all by myself! At most this camera "appears" to be an "Economy" purchase. One user posted and the masses followed. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion however its nice to FINALLY see someone else besides myself state it!

Git

Banned
Reaction score
You guys are easy to impress looking at all the posts this is a half assed solution that has problems from day to night.

A hint I run 1/1000 and high speed optics and filters
LMAO - how much does this "high speed optics and filters" solution cost?

For most of us that like 'playing around' with these cameras - this is a relatively inexpensive way to read license plates. I don't have any problems and I think it is safe to say that most people that purchased ONE of these cameras probably bought at least another one

No one is forcing anyone to buy anything, leave the hate somewhere else...

Why is there always one or two people that feel they have to sh*t all over everything because THEY don't like/agree with it

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@gpower07 my settings are default so focus mode is Semi-auto and min distance 6m whatever that means.
Apologize if I am repeating what others have said but there have been some reports of problems due to insufficient power supply. It seems reasonable that in the transition from day to night as the IR
comes on, more power would be required. If you continue to have issues, might be worth considering.
@zmx stay out of the eggnog!

I've noticed you don't need to be drunk while posting in this forum, but it seems to help.:peaceful:

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
LMAO - how much does this "high speed optics and filters" solution cost?

For most of us that like 'playing around' with these cameras - this is a relatively inexpensive way to read license plates. I don't have any problems and I think it is safe to say that most people that purchased ONE of these cameras probably bought at least another one

No one is forcing anyone to buy anything, leave the hate somewhere else...

Why is there always one or two people that feel they have to sh*t all over everything because THEY don't like/agree with it
+1 @Git. I have three of the mini ptz's (two mounted). I'm not having any focus problems except when there are large snow flakes in front of the camera. That's not a big deal to me. My other ptz cameras (Poker & Dahua) do the same thing when there's heavy rain or large snow flakes. The majority of the time the focus is great with the cameras.

As far as powering the Huisun ptz bullets, I'm still using the standard 802.3f PoE TP-LINK TL-SG1008P and TP-LINK TL-SF1008P switches without a problem.

For the price of these cameras, the image quality is great IMO. I have two Poker 10x ptz cameras that cost $100 more each than the Huisun's but the IQ is not as good as the mini ptz's. The Huisun's are the only cameras that I've been successful with at reading license plates.

zmx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
error

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@gpower07 my settings are default so focus mode is Semi-auto and min distance 6m whatever that means.
Apologize if I am repeating what others have said but there have been some reports of problems due to insufficient power supply. It seems reasonable that in the transition from day to night as the IR
comes on, more power would be required. If you continue to have issues, might be worth considering.
@zmx stay out of the eggnog!

I've noticed you don't need to be drunk while posting in this forum, but it seems to help.:peaceful:
now I set it auto focus. so far so good. I love this camera.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't think I can wait. Will have to buy another now!

Pretty cool to have learned about this camera here.

Thanks @klasipca

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So is this camera or any huison only available from alien press / this Monica person?
Does it have any warranty/guarantee?

If it is set as discussed for nighht LPR...what is the day time image like?
Does it still do LPR during the day or is this a night only solution?

...Any way to do LPR in general with any amera without using IR?
I was thinking of placing one low street level (hidden below mailbox) but even hidden, the IR would give it away at night and leave it vulnerable to theft.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So is this camera or any huison only available from alien press / this Monica person?
Does it have any warranty/guarantee?

If it is set as discussed for nighht LPR...what is the day time image like?
Does it still do LPR during the day or is this a night only solution?

...Any way to do LPR in general with any amera without using IR?
I was thinking of placing one low street level (hidden below mailbox) but even hidden, the IR would give it away at night and leave it vulnerable to theft.
Might want to read the threads. All your questions will be answered, more or less.

rihallix

n3wb
Reaction score
I was directed to this thread as I've been trying to get an inexpensive LPR camera set up. The Huisun 10x LPR sounds just the job.

QUESTIONS:
(1) I've found the camera for sale from Huisun's vendor's Ali Baba store in China- is this the best source, can't seem to find others? (I'm in the US)
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1248007

(2) There are several different Huisun PTZ IP bullet camera's which one is the one to get? It's going on the side of a house.

(3) Can I set the camera up so that it takes a photo on motion activation that is sent to an FTP site. Then I can have openalpr running on a cron that outputs the license plates to a file?

- has any of you ever got this set up working?
- is there a better setup?

(4) For motion detection can the Huisun be set up so that you can identify the target area, and identify areas of foliage that will trigger false positives?

Thanks , glad to have found this thread.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was directed to this thread as I've been trying to get an inexpensive LPR camera set up. The Huisun 10x LPR sounds just the job.

QUESTIONS:
(1) I've found the camera for sale from Huisun's vendor's Ali Baba store in China- is this the best source, can't seem to find others? (I'm in the US)
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Qind2HE

(2) There are several different Huisun PTZ IP bullet camera's which one is the one to get? It's going on the side of a house.

(3) Can I set the camera up so that it takes a photo on motion activation that is sent to an FTP site. Then I can have openalpr running on a cron that outputs the license plates to a file?

- has any of you ever got this set up working?
- is there a better setup?

(4) For motion detection can the Huisun be set up so that you can identify the target area, and identify areas of foliage that will trigger false positives?

Thanks , glad to have found this thread.
Have a read of this.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5456-Mini-PTZ-camera-impressions!-2015-PTZ-camera-of-the-year

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I think most people are buying the camera from the links in the first post of this thread
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5456-Mini-PTZ-camera-impressions!-2015-PTZ-camera-of-the-year

Regarding which camera - it depends on how much money you want to spend and whether you need the audio, alarm inputs, etc. For me - the price difference wasn't that much so I bought the Full Config

I am using my Huisun with BlueIris which you should be able to configure to do what you want. For example, I have one camera that will email me a pic at the start of any motion incident

I have no experience with motion detection in any of my cameras - I do that in BlueIris and you have not mentioned if you will be using that or not

Overview with Hik 4mm lens
overview.jpg

Huisun Day - zoom at 6.3x
day.jpg

Huisun Night - zoom at 6.3x
night.jpg

rihallix

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not planning to use Blue Iris. I'm hoping to get by without it.

Hopefully the motion detection is not that bad.

Instead I am hoping that on motion trigger a photo can be sent to an FTP site on a server that I have paid hosting on
I hope to create a cron job that throws new photos through openalpr to analyze and output license plates.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Motion dection with Huisun webpage doesn't work too good. You will need BI.

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Git, are those Huisun camera shots with the same settings for day and night?
Yep - I don't change anything. It is set and I usually don't change/move it.

I did have to play around a bit with some of the settings - in the late afternoon sun - the license plate was getting washed out and you couldn't make out the numbers, but it is pretty well dialed in now