Fragmaster

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision NVR, HIKVISION.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Huisun v2 (Imporx)

Seems to have limited use when connected to a hikvision nvr.

You can view it. ( but seems a few seconds delayed compared to my hikvision cams)

But using virtual host, the menus don't work.

The pan and tilt works, but I can't get the zoom or focus etc to work.

I'm still working to find the correct protocol.
I have the v1, and have observed a couple of small issues.

Virtual Host via NVR does not work on Firefox. It's strange--if I put in the Huisun's virtualized address into Firefox (eg http://192.168.1.15:65002/) or just click the link in Configuration>System>Camera Management, then FF auto-forwards to http://192.168.1.15:65002/doc/page/login.asp?_1454815155191 and throws an error -- that looks like a Hik hardware page, right? Why would it auto-forward to that? However, if I go to the virtualized Huisun address http://192.168.1.15:65002/ in IE, then things work as expected except I cannot see video.

Viewing the Huisun via IVMS-4500 on my iPad, on LAN, results in bad lag when using the controls. IVMS-4500 on my Android phone, again on LAN, works as expected.

On my LTS (Hik) LTN8916-P16 4K NVR, PTZ/focus all work as expected. I have not tested presets. (Using the LTS protocol. "HIKVISION" is not an option on this NVR.)

T1NYW

n3wb
Reaction score
Viewing the Huisun via IVMS-4500 on my iPad, on LAN, results in bad lag when using the controls. IVMS-4500 on my Android phone, again on LAN, works as expected.

On my LTS (Hik) LTN8916-P16 4K NVR, PTZ/focus all work as expected. I have not tested presets. (Using the LTS protocol. "HIKVISION" is not an option on this NVR.)

I'm having the same lag problem, I've tried to change lots of the settings, and nothing seems to improve the lag.

I seem to have managed to get the PTZ working using the Hikvision NVR and app.

But out with the severe lag, it's pretty much un-usable, because you can't tell where the camera has moved to, for a few seconds, you just end up moving past where you wanted.

Any suggestions welcome..

Also what LPR software are people using ?

Thanks
Alan

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine did not come up with the Hikvision NVR. Looks like I will have to get into the camera and change the IP address. I have version 1.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine did not come up with the Hikvision NVR. Looks like I will have to get into the camera and change the IP address. I have version 1.
Yep, pick an IP address in your NVR's list, manually set that in the camera, then use Manual camera setup mode in the NVR.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
As for reading plates, i think this will work!

Got the V2 from Jack Chan installed and grabbing plates. Mounted under the 2nd floor eves about 20ft up.
catching plates at about 60 feet (zoomed in all the way @ 10x) and about 40 degrees offset.

a couple night time samples:
ptz1.20160227_160008_2.jpgptz1.20160227_160008_1.jpg

here's the overview from a Hik 2332 in about the same location,
not quite as high (maybe 10ft off the ground).
I've circled the area being lit up by the huisun v2.
24706634493_69a90db9a9_o.jpg
Note how it lights up the license plate target area and quite a bit beyond.

settings:
Image adjustment tab: all 50%
Exposure tab: shutter priority, 1/1000, bias off, compensation & gain @ 50%
backlight tab: WDR on @ 20
image enhancement tab: DNR on, 2d @ 20, 3d @20
IR setting: 'near' and 'far' at 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
What focus settings are you using? Any issues between day/night?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Semi-Auto & INFINITE. seems to work ok day & night.
Haven't really tweaked it manually at all.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On my v1 I used settings someone else posted and 1/425 shutter did the job of freezing plates while also making a usable image during daylight. You may not need to go all the way to 1/1000.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As for reading plates, i think this will work!
Are your sample shots active drive by's or parked?
If drive by, what is the approx speed of the vehicles on your street?

I'm assuming the speed of the vehicle could greatly affect a capture or fail and \ or require different shutter speed settings.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
moving, yup. probably ~20-25mph, but not sure about those exact captures...

jnr64

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having good success with the V2 for license plate capture, except for about 30 to 45 minutes after the IR's turn off in the morning, then it becomes good again once it gets lighter outside. Is there a way to keep IR's on, or some other setting I'm missing to avoid that 30 to 45 minutes when the plates are unreadable. This is not an issue on rear plates, only the front plates that do not have their own lighting. Thanks much for any assistance.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am having good success with the V2 for license plate capture, except for about 30 to 45 minutes after the IR's turn off in the morning, then it becomes good again once it gets lighter outside. Is there a way to keep IR's on, or some other setting I'm missing to avoid that 30 to 45 minutes when the plates are unreadable. This is not an issue on rear plates, only the front plates that do not have their own lighting. Thanks much for any assistance.
It sounds like the issue that I reported with the semi-auto focus and transition between day/night or vice versa results in blurry picture. I am using auto focus which appears to work better.

jnr64

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, I have it on semi-auto, and I will change to auto and report back tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Otherwise, it is doing an amazing job. I also have eight v1 cameras out in the field doing regular surveillance, and can't praise them enough.