Huisun 10x LPR (License Plate Reading) settings

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep - I don't change anything. It is set and I usually don't change/move it.

I did have to play around a bit with some of the settings - in the late afternoon sun - the license plate was getting washed out and you couldn't make out the numbers, but it is pretty well dialed in now
That is good to know. I have one that is yet to be installed.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is this the "2nd gen" version some have mentioned in this thread?
It looks totally different.
I do not see any IRs...it says "invisible IR light" ...what is that?
Is it as effective as "normal" IRs?
Does it really mean passerby cannot see the IR light emitted somehow?
http://m.alibaba.com/product/60369792157/New-desigh-CCTV-camera-new-arrived/specifications.html?spm=a2706.7835515.1998800312.15.ecqUfq

The main site for it says "$50-$100"...http://m.alibaba.com/product/60369792157/New-desigh-CCTV-camera-new-arrived.html?spm=a2706.7835515.1998800312.20.cAT12I

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this the "2nd gen" version some have mentioned in this thread?
It looks totally different.
I do not see any IRs...it says "invisible IR light" ...what is that?
Is it as effective as "normal" IRs?
Does it really mean passerby cannot see the IR light emitted somehow?
http://m.alibaba.com/product/60369792157/New-desigh-CCTV-camera-new-arrived/specifications.html?spm=a2706.7835515.1998800312.15.ecqUfq

The main site for it says "$50-$100"...http://m.alibaba.com/product/60369792157/New-desigh-CCTV-camera-new-arrived.html?spm=a2706.7835515.1998800312.20.cAT12I
It is not an IP camera.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh, dang...was excited and did not even notice that...nevermind then.

rihallix

n3wb
Reaction score
Without BI, even if the detection isn't perfect, does the supplied Huisun software let you send a photo via FTP when motion detection occurs?

Can you identify on a grid places where motion detection should ignore - e.g. foliage blowing in the wind? (Again not using BI but rather the supplied Huisun software)

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Without BI, even if the detection isn't perfect, does the supplied Huisun software let you send a photo via FTP when motion detection occurs?

Can you identify on a grid places where motion detection should ignore - e.g. foliage blowing in the wind? (Again not using BI but rather the supplied Huisun software)
Does this help?

Screenshot 2016-01-04 at 10.04.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2016-01-04 at 10.04.20 PM.png

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK this mat be a dumb question but for LPR to work at night must you use IR?
I was envisioning having a camera looking through a small hole in the back of my mailbox and a fake back hiding the camera in the box, looking down the road for the best shot at any cars to do lpr. It would probably work well duting the daybut having IRlights beaming out the side of my mailbox would certainly cause issues.

Also wou.d the same settings work for both day and night LPR?

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK this mat be a dumb question but for LPR to work at night must you use IR?
I was envisioning having a camera looking through a small hole in the back of my mailbox and a fake back hiding the camera in the box, looking down the road for the best shot at any cars to do lpr. It would probably work well duting the daybut having IRlights beaming out the side of my mailbox would certainly cause issues.

Also wou.d the same settings work for both day and night LPR?
You need IR, but it doesn't have to be the camera's IR. I use a camera without IR for number plates and use a separate illuminator.

If the camera must be covert you can go for a 940nm IR illuminator located with the camera, or in a separate position, or you can locate a standard 850nm illuminator at another point that illuminates the scene the camera is capturing.

Try and get the light source on the same axis as the camera because the reflective particles in number plates are designed to reflect light back to the source.

I leave my camera settings the same by day and night.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thx!
So...looking at the camera that came with my Q-See setup and reading about camera settings to try and make LPR work for typical cameras...but I find no options to change any of these settings on my camera in the NVR? Options for Shutter speed and such don't seem to exist...Am missing something or is it just my camera ( Q-See 3MP QTN8037B model) has more limitations than other brands? This is my first setup so not sure what to expect...

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thx!
So...looking at the camera that came with my Q-See setup and reading about camera settings to try and make LPR work for typical cameras...but I find no options to change any of these settings on my camera in the NVR? Options for Shutter speed and such don't seem to exist...Am missing something or is it just my camera ( Q-See 3MP QTN8037B model) has more limitations than other brands? This is my first setup so not sure what to expect...
I see you already talked to Q-See (another thread) and they told you those settings are not available. If you want more control over your cameras / System you might want to see if you can return it to Sams and purchase your system a-la-carte.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thx!
Qsee are Dahua cams from memory so it may be possible to use a POE injector, plug the cam into the local network, and access the cam on 192.168.1.108 which is the default dahua address.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks
Yes, I talked to a Q-See rep a while back but specifically about the IR function only.
Now I'm learning about all these other settings on cameras that do not appear to be shown for my camera in the NVR which is why I was asking here if anyone had knowledge of the Q-See camera limitations...I did not want to spend another 1.5 hr hold waiting for the Q-See rep to rush through my call or chat session like the last time.

So viewing on the internet interface shows less functionality than right at the NVR...so basically I'mm going "through" the NVR still and no way to access any possible camera settings without un-mounting the cameras from my house, buying a separate POE injector and plugging each camera into my router individually...It seems ridiculous any system would be set up like this IMO. Def not going to go through that trouble.
If they come down, they are getting repackaged and sent back.
Would anyone go through all that each time they wanted to change a camera setting not shown in the NVR or to even ID what setting options they have?

I read on another post some Hikvision NVrs now let you "ghost" or something like that into the IP to the camera directly now but I guess that is not the norm?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I read on another post some Hikvision NVrs now let you "ghost" or something like that into the IP to the camera directly now but I guess that is not the norm?
Depending on the NVR firmware - the Hikvision NVRs have a feature called 'Virtual Host' which provides links for each camera allowing direct access via the NVR.
There are other methods too - one of which is :
Connect the PC to one of the NVR PoE ports, set the PC IP address to an unused address on that IP segment, and access the cameras directly.

Fragmaster

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does this work with v2 Huisun?

i want to order version 2 but don't know that it will work.

T1NYW

n3wb
Reaction score
The Huisun v2 (Imporx)

Seems to have limited use when connected to a hikvision nvr.

You can view it. ( but seems a few seconds delayed compared to my hikvision cams)

But using virtual host, the menus don't work.

The pan and tilt works, but I can't get the zoom or focus etc to work.

I'm still working to find the correct protocol.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
PTZ, focus, as well as presets all work in Hikvision NVR. The delay that you are seeing could be power/network issue. I have had that before as well.

T1NYW

n3wb
Reaction score
Which protocol are you using ?

I've got it powered using a 20amp psu, and it's connected for testing directly to the Hikvision NVR using a a 2mtr network cable.

All the other cameras connected to the same NVR work correctly.

It's only the Huisun that has problems.