I Ordered an Axis Communications Axis Q1808-LE Camera

^^^^ Thank you for taking the time to post those videos. I noticed in the first two videos, when he starts to move "across" the screen his face is doing what I am seeing in my video. I may be about as close as I can be with this camera.
If you add that additional light it might make a difference. The last video you posted looks a lot better, but still not there yet.

The camera doesn't look like it's synced with anything. If the camera has internet access, I would check "automatic time and date (manual NTP servers)" and use time.windows.com. If it doesn't have internet access, do you have an NTP server on the hikvision NVR it can sync to?

Was the time correct when opened the camera UI? I'm not sure if that's the issue but not having the correct time on the camera will cause the rule to not function property.

The camera doesn't look like it's synced with anything. If the camera has internet access, I would check "automatic time and date (manual NTP servers)" and use time.windows.com. If it doesn't have internet access, do you have an NTP server on the hikvision NVR it can sync to?

Was the time correct when opened the camera UI? I'm not sure if that's the issue but not having the correct time on the camera will cause the rule to not function property.
The time is right on the money. I assume it is getting it from my home computer. By the way the White Light came on tonight right on schedule. I will have to see how the morning goes.

The time is right on the money. I assume it is getting it from my home computer. By the way the White Light came on tonight right on schedule. I will have to see how the morning goes.

I just tested it on mine. Set the schedule to be active between 11:00pm and 11:02pm. Created the rule with the same settings as you and the light turned on at 11:00pm and turned off at 11:02pm.

I'll test it again but this time I'll have the schedule end after midnight to verify there isn't a glitch.

What Axis OS Version are you running?

My white light activated and deactivated based on my schedule (turned on a little after 11:00pm and turned off at 12:02am. If the camera synced to your computer that's most likely a one time event unless you manually do it. The time on the camera will eventually drift unless you sync it with a NTP server.

My white light activated and deactivated based on my schedule (turned on a little after 11:00pm and turned off at 12:02am. If the camera synced to your computer that's most likely a one time event unless you manually do it. The time on the camera will eventually drift unless you sync it with a NTP server.
Current version: 11.7.65. I will look into the time. The White light did not shut off this morning at 6:30 am.

Reactions: JDreaming
Current version: 11.7.65. I will look into the time. The White light did not shut off this morning at 6:30 am.

Post a screenshot of the settings for your "white light rule"

There are three differences between mine and yours that I can find;

1. My Q1808-LE is synced to a local NTP server running on my VMS server
2. I'm running Axis OS 12.0.91
3. My clock is in 12 hour format where you have 24 hour format

Is the time overlay on the videos from your Hikvision NVR? If so, create a time overlay in the camera itself and display it on screen. Let's make sure the time is not drifting or incorrect when you don't manually login to the webserver.

Post a screenshot of the settings for your "white light rule"

There are three differences between mine and yours that I can find;

1. My Q1808-LE is synced to a local NTP server running on my VMS server
2. I'm running Axis OS 12.0.91
3. My clock is in 12 hour format where you have 24 hour format

Is the time overlay on the videos from your Hikvision NVR? If so, create a time overlay in the camera itself and display it on screen. Let's make sure the time is not drifting or incorrect when you don't manually login to the webserver.

The camera turns on the White light OK, so I do not that the time is an issue, it just does not turn it off. I just tried upgrading the software to OS 12.0.91, but when I try to register, I do not get the confirmation code in my email that they have sent. I would not think that the 24 hour time format would be an issue. This is why I want to upgrade the software first. There is an intermediate software version 11.XX.XX that I probably should upgrade first than the final version of 12.0.91.

So, I will do the software upgrade first, if I can, then go from there. By the way the slider on my White light was not all the way over, so it was not on at its brightest. It was in the middle. I have to keep checking these things.

Reactions: JDreaming
The camera turns on the White light OK, so I do not that the time is an issue, it just does not turn it off. I just tried upgrading the software to OS 12.0.91, but when I try to register, I do not get the confirmation code in my email that they have sent. I would not think that the 24 hour time format would be an issue. This is why I want to upgrade the software first. There is an intermediate software version 11.XX.XX that I probably should upgrade first than the final version of 12.0.91.

So, I will do the software upgrade first, if I can, then go from there. By the way the slider on my White light was not all the way over, so it was not on at its brightest. It was in the middle. I have to keep checking these things.
Maybe the code went to your spam folder?

I recommend downloading Axis Device manager. If your computer is on the same subnet you can manage the camera and do software updates from the device manager. That way you don't have to search for the firmware on their website.

My logic with the 24 hour time format could be a simple bug in the firmware that's only present with the 24-hour time format. That is a definite possibility.

You can definitely try the latest OS 11 LTS release first and see if that makes a difference. OS 11 is in LTS (Long Term Service) so it'll just be receiving security updates. OS 12 is the active firmware that'll get security and feature updates. If/when you update to OS 12 and it breaks compatibility with the Hikvision NVR, as long as you don't factory default the camera when you update, you can click the rollback button to rollback to OS 11.

Maybe the code went to your spam folder?

I recommend downloading Axis Device manager. If your computer is on the same subnet you can manage the camera and do software updates from the device manager. That way you don't have to search for the firmware on their website.

My logic with the 24 hour time format could be a simple bug in the firmware that's only present with the 24-hour time format. That is a definite possibility.

You can definitely try the latest OS 11 LTS release first and see if that makes a difference. OS 11 is in LTS (Long Term Service) so it'll just be receiving security updates. OS 12 is the active firmware that'll get security and feature updates. If/when you update to OS 12 and it breaks compatibility with the Hikvision NVR, as long as you don't factory default the camera when you update, you can click the rollback button to rollback to OS 11.

True - we have seen with Dahua that there is a bug using 12-hour format that isn't present with 24-hour format.