Idmss push notifications "failed to subscribe"

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Can you use back the old version firstly? Those guys slow for this issue, i pushed times till now.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you use back the old version firstly? Those guys slow for this issue, i pushed times till now.

Apple app store won't let you go back to old version app or iDMSS

When new app is push in Apple app store, cannot go back to old app if force upgrade on iPhone.

Bill

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Bill

As checked with dahua engineer, they said the IDMSS LITE right now not support the push function, can you check if can use the old version ones?

Andy

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Bill

As checked with dahua engineer, they said the IDMSS LITE right now not support the push function, can you check if can use the old version ones?

Andy

I am using iDMSS Plus not lite that I paid iDMSS several months ago

Push was working for months

Bill

dzimm27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After installing this firmware on my NVR5216-4KS2
Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2
I have been able to subscribe to push notifications - however after setting it up I am not getting any IVS notifications. Has anyone else seen this work?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
After installing this firmware on my NVR5216-4KS2
Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2
I have been able to subscribe to push notifications - however after setting it up I am not getting any IVS notifications. Has anyone else seen this work?
same result. we were so close! :|
Mine is working again after the NVR firmware upgrade. I am getting IVS notifications on my iDMSS. I set to use video playback.

Try this - Go to your IVS settings on NVR and open schedule then save it again and save IVS setting again.

Bill

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine is working again after the NVR firmware upgrade. I am getting IVS notifications on my iDMSS. I set to use video playback.

Try this - Go to your IVS settings on NVR and open schedule then save it again and save IVS setting again.

Bill
no luck. IVS events are working internally, i set DVR buzzer to go off and that is happening. Just no push. hmm

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
no luck. IVS events are working internally, i set DVR buzzer to go off and that is happening. Just no push. hmm
I uninstalled my iDMSS and reinstalled it.

Try uninstalling it and then reinstall and set it up again see if that fixes it.

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I uninstalled my iDMSS and reinstalled it.

Try uninstalling it and then reinstall and set it up again see if that fixes it.
still no. could be they fixed idmss and not gdmss, or something. who knows. thanks for trying.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
still no. could be they fixed idmss and not gdmss, or something. who knows. thanks for trying.

Hrmnm could be just the gDMSS

Anyone else reading this using iDMSS that still not getting push notifications with the latest NVR firmware???

dzimm27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have iDMSS Plus and can test this today. I have never seen it work but I am assuming items are supposed to show up under the Alarm Manager section, right?

I previously was using push type Image, but will switch to Video to match yours for the test. I am using the IVS Tripwire on NVR with "Cross Line" push notifications on the phone. There is also a "Cross Region" which I assume corresponds to the IVS Intrusion rule - right?

Also - what is the expected behavior of push notifications (assuming it is working) say when I am at work and I do not have my phone's VPN to the house connected? Obviously I will not get alerts, but when I DO connect to the VPN, will prior listed notifications be waiting for me? Or is this just useful for at-the-moment live-pushing of IVS trips.

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have iDMSS Plus and can test this today. I have never seen it work but I am assuming items are supposed to show up under the Alarm Manager section, right?

I previously was using push type Image, but will switch to Video to match yours for the test. I am using the IVS Tripwire on NVR with "Cross Line" push notifications on the phone. There is also a "Cross Region" which I assume corresponds to the IVS Intrusion rule - right?

Also - what is the expected behavior of push notifications (assuming it is working) say when I am at work and I do not have my phone's VPN to the house connected? Obviously I will not get alerts, but when I DO connect to the VPN, will prior listed notifications be waiting for me? Or is this just useful for at-the-moment live-pushing of IVS trips.
at-the-moment alerts.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

Correct, it PUSH on bottom of alarm manager selection

I am using cross line IVS so that what I set mine to.

Is your NVR listening to the internet, I believe that DMSS need to ping the NVR so the NVR will know where to locate the device in the network to sent the alert to.

dzimm27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Correct, it PUSH on bottom of alarm manager selection

I am using cross line IVS so that what I set mine to.

Is your NVR listening to the internet, I believe that DMSS need to ping the NVR so the NVR will know where to locate the device in the network to sent the alert to.
No I do not have ports forwarded to my NVR, but if this is an important factor in getting this working I could move it and the cameras onto an isolated VLAN and give them access, then perhaps allow one-way access from my primary WLAN network to access the NVR/camera subnet/VLAN. How do you have access to yours set up (just so I can get an idea of what has access to what)?

Also - just to confirm - you are getting IVS notifications, right? The alarm manager does not list IVS and I find that unfortunately consistent with the playback area of iDMSS and iDMSS HD where they seem to not acknowledge IVS events/recordings to let us search for. I just want to make sure that IVS events are actually compatible with the alarm manager as it seems they generally give IVS no love in their mobile apps.

BTW - regarding the no love for IVS in the apps, I also turned on Motion Detection recording and push notifications on one camera I knew I would be going by a lot while working in the yard today and I got zero notifications. Also got zero motion recordings in the NVR which is concerning - but since I have only used IVS (at recommendation of this forum) - I am not so worried about that as I understand IVS to be generally more reliable anyway. IVS/Motion Detection aside though - I got no push notification from my test today so something is clearly different from our setups if yours is working (and it may be that you allow access to yours from the internet - mine is just set up as an internal-only access by IP NVR). Also I am running generic 2.460.0000.9.R, Build Date: 2017-04-28 NTSC firmware on my cams. I have been hesitant to load the PAL Dahua branded 7/20/17 firmware from the Czech Republic FTP site both due to being unsure it is safe and preferring the 30FPS of NTSC I currently have. I am fairly tempted to give it a go though and a separate post I read regarding PAL allowing up to 50FPS has assuaged most of my concerns here. As I understand it, with h.265 and no smart codec I can get full 30FPS on my main stream

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got gDmss working! Upgraded to the new NVR firmware and opened the IP address for the NVR in my router to allow it to connect to the internet. All is well!

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
No I do not have ports forwarded to my NVR, but if this is an important factor in getting this working I could move it and the cameras onto an isolated VLAN and give them access, then perhaps allow one-way access from my primary WLAN network to access the NVR/camera subnet/VLAN. How do you have access to yours set up (just so I can get an idea of what has access to what)?

Also - just to confirm - you are getting IVS notifications, right? The alarm manager does not list IVS and I find that unfortunately consistent with the playback area of iDMSS and iDMSS HD where they seem to not acknowledge IVS events/recordings to let us search for. I just want to make sure that IVS events are actually compatible with the alarm manager as it seems they generally give IVS no love in their mobile apps.

BTW - regarding the no love for IVS in the apps, I also turned on Motion Detection recording and push notifications on one camera I knew I would be going by a lot while working in the yard today and I got zero notifications. Also got zero motion recordings in the NVR which is concerning - but since I have only used IVS (at recommendation of this forum) - I am not so worried about that as I understand IVS to be generally more reliable anyway. IVS/Motion Detection aside though - I got no push notification from my test today so something is clearly different from our setups if yours is working (and it may be that you allow access to yours from the internet - mine is just set up as an internal-only access by IP NVR). Also I am running generic 2.460.0000.9.R, Build Date: 2017-04-28 NTSC firmware on my cams. I have been hesitant to load the PAL Dahua branded 7/20/17 firmware from the Czech Republic FTP site both due to being unsure it is safe and preferring the 30FPS of NTSC I currently have. I am fairly tempted to give it a go though and a separate post I read regarding PAL allowing up to 50FPS has assuaged most of my concerns here. As I understand it, with h.265 and no smart codec I can get full 30FPS on my main stream
I use upnp on NVR to listen to the internet. The router is set to only accept upnp from internal. You only need NVR to listen to the network for DMSS push, all the cameras can be isolated from outside network and is not needed for notification to work.

Correct, I am getting IVS notification on my iDMSS when IVS is triggered. My cam are running 2.460.0000.7.R, Build Date: 2017-03-06 . I am only using 15fps on my cameras to save recording spaces and reduce the burden on the camera processor.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Got gDmss working! Upgraded to the new NVR firmware and opened the IP address for the NVR in my router to allow it to connect to the internet. All is well!

Glad to see that gDMSS is working for someone!

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Glad to see that gDMSS is working for someone!
I don't have any ports forwarded, really don't want to open the NVR to the outside since we can't know for sure how secure it really is. Worked before without it. Also, cams are currently sending pushes just fine without anything forwarded, just not the NVR. Will have to look into it further.. :\

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't have any ports forwarded, really don't want to open the NVR to the outside since we can't know for sure how secure it really is. Worked before without it. Also, cams are currently sending pushes just fine without anything forwarded, just not the NVR. Will have to look into it further.. :\
None of my ports are forwarded either. I had the NVR's ip address blocked from connecting to the internet along with the individual ip addresses of my cameras, but unblocked just the NVR. If it's possible to get the notifications with it blocked, that would be my preference as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk