Mini PTZ v1: Firmware Discussion

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hello Klasipca
How can I tell the guns are activated, I try up, up, down, down, left, right, left and nothing happened, is there a Menu that shows up? does the camera has to have a specific SW rev.
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie
This feature is activated only with special firmware provided by Monica, the only negative is that you will have to sign a paperwork beforehand that entitles them to ownership of your body organs in case of misuse, but it's totally worth it otherwise!

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just received the 3X version of the Mini PTZ and not sure if this is the same as the 10X??

Program Version V1.0.2 Build 201511191322
Control Version MiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201509241507
Web Page Version 1.1.1 Build 20151119
Plugin Version 1.0.4.41

mironrw

n3wb
Reaction score
This feature is activated only with special firmware provided by Monica, the only negative is that you will have to sign a paperwork beforehand that entitles them to ownership of your body organs in case of misuse, but it's totally worth it otherwise!
Is it possible to make these firmware available?

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@klasipca -- is the firmware in the first post the best choice? I just found my camera came with the firmware that has the bug where presets don't save zoom level:

Last edited by a moderator:

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. Can you check something for me in your camera when you have a moment? My upgrade is failing but I have a theory as to why. When I first got the camera I changed the admin password to the Hik default. Somehow, when this happened, the admin account turned into an "operator" account:

admin.PNG

I am pretty sure that this said something like "administrator" before. How does your admin account look?

While all of the permissions checkboxes are turned on I wonder if I have screwed up the account and don't have permission to do the firmware upgrade.

Unfortunately I cannot add another account, that button is locked out too!

EDIT: Oh boy. I think I am screwed. I can't even restore defaults or reboot! I managed to break the admin account!

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation. Wow, I am really stuffed then. The only account in the camera does not have permissions to make new accounts or upgrade itself to admin!

I just tried hacking at the web ui by Inspecing Element and changing values, but it was too smart for that. :)

Is there any way to restore the camera to defaults with an external tool?

(I swear, when I did an admin pw change on day 1, it pre-filled the account type drop-down to Operator--I definitely didn't go out of my way to do this!)

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation. Wow, I am really stuffed then. The only account in the camera does not have permissions to make new accounts or upgrade itself to admin!

I just tried hacking at the web ui by Inspecing Element and changing values, but it was too smart for that. :)

Is there any way to restore the camera to defaults with an external tool?

(I swear, when I did an admin pw change on day 1, it pre-filled the account type drop-down to Operator--I definitely didn't go out of my way to do this!)
The tool linked in this thread may be of help to you @horseflesh. It might be worth confirming that it is for the correct camera before using it though.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/7765-Hard-Reset-Procedure-for-10x-PTZ

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you @atom! I just got there myself, and it fixed me up. The Dropbox link in this post had the tool. I stumbled through the Chinese procedure and this seemed to give me the hard reset I needed. Whew!

This all started when I changed my admin password. I just went back to look at that and see if I could figure out what happened... I tried changing the admin pw again and sure 'nuff, it switches that Administrator account to an Operator account! Maybe this is a quirk of this firmware release, I dunno. Never seen anyone else complaining about it but it's an easy 100% repro for me!

Now, to go use the tool again, upgrade my firmware... and then leave that password alone.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you @atom! I just got there myself, and it fixed me up. The Dropbox link in this post had the tool. I stumbled through the Chinese procedure and this seemed to give me the hard reset I needed. Whew!

This all started when I changed my admin password. I just went back to look at that and see if I could figure out what happened... I tried changing the admin pw again and sure 'nuff, it switches that Administrator account to an Operator account! Maybe this is a quirk of this firmware release, I dunno. Never seen anyone else complaining about it but it's an easy 100% repro for me!

Now, to go use the tool again, upgrade my firmware... and then leave that password alone.
Or try it again with the new firmware to see if it is firmware related. :)

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think it is related to that build, because after installing different firmware my camera now has a normal admin account with a non-default password. But I was also messing around with the Chinese tool so I don't have good reproduction steps... I am not sure how I got here, but it worked out!

I would recommend that everyone grab that tool from the dropbox link, just in case. It certainly saved my bacon.

I might also suggest learning Chinese! :)

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a
V1.0.2 Build 201509160901
MiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201509241507
1.1.1 Build 20150924

I have not used it very active, but things i noticed
- Network abnormally error while trying to login with IE ( fixed by power off on )
- Preset locations arent saved correctly
- PTZ speed can be changed, but is not saving the speed settings .. Very annoying
- Playback interface by IE looks very bad... ( Listing records , no line like hikvision )

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a
1.1.1 Build 20150924

- Network abnormally error while trying to login with IE ( fixed by power off on )
- PTZ speed can be changed, but is not saving the speed settings .. Very annoying
- Playback interface by IE looks very bad... ( Listing records , no line like hikvision )
So u are not satisfied with your huisun mini ptz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dunno yet, not tested that much. But the correct savings of preset locations, and PTZ speed looks one of the first important things when talking about a PTZ camera.
I hope the''network abnormally'' error wont repeat, or that would be a issue. By the way, the camera can be viewed by IVMS . but the records cannot be watched with the same app, am i right >?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a
1.1.1 Build 20150924

Have you tried the firmware listed in post #1 of this thread?

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That looks like an older version. What firmware do you guys suggest?

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You don't need to try to expand the zip file. When you go to update the firmware, point it at the zip file.