New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Jer-Bear

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the ezviz version with latest ezviz firmware. Every week or so it looses all config and I have to remove the tiny annoying screws to completely reconfigure. (As if it were new) Has anyone had this same issue? I record via rstp to my nvr.

Mtoo22

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the ezviz version with latest ezviz firmware. Every week or so it looses all config and I have to remove the tiny annoying screws to completely reconfigure. (As if it were new) Has anyone had this same issue? I record via rstp to my nvr.
Sounds like power issues.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well I flashed over it trying to get it into Google Home so I don't have it. I'll get it from another unit or check and see if Hikvision has the firmware on our partner portal
Great. Really appreciate your help. We have a list of firmwares we found that we have in the 101, will include Hikvision's too.

RCA HSDB2
(Jan 30, 2019) Build 190124
(Nov 28, 2018) Build 190124

EZVIZ DB1
(Jul 21, 2019) Build 190708
(Nov 28, 2018) Build 190708

LaView Halo One
(Jul 29, 2019) Build 190716 (ONVIF Support)

Nelly's NSC-DB2
(Mar 4, 2019) Build 190122
(Nov. 22, 2019) Build 190625 (ONVIF Support)

Hikvision DS-HD1

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to connect this to an NVR? I'm trying to connect mine to a free channel on my Lorex NVR. It shows up when I scan for cameras but it keeps telling me the username/password is wrong.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What size transformer do you have?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to connect this to an NVR? I'm trying to connect mine to a free channel on my Lorex NVR. It shows up when I scan for cameras but it keeps telling me the username/password is wrong.
admin is username
Verification Code on back of your DB is password

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
admin is username
Verification Code on back of your DB is password
I believe I changed the password at one point. I've overwritten the password using IVMS-4200. Still not getting anywhere. I have the HTTP port set to 80 and RTSP to 554. I'm not sure why it isn't taking.....

Mtoo22

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe I changed the password at one point. I've overwritten the password using IVMS-4200. Still not getting anywhere. I have the HTTP port set to 80 and RTSP to 554. I'm not sure why it isn't taking.....
Don't ever change the password in IVMS. It does weird stuff from what I've seen and you can't revert it back.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not have a NVR but here are my Blue Iris settings:

1577938533543.png

I am drawing straws here, but you may need to change your password back.

From DOORBELL 101:
WARNINGS:
⦁ DO NOT change the admin Password in
iVMS-4200 or Batch Config. Tool. We found when loading the Batch Configuration Tool for the first time and your Doorbell is Discovered, it will show as "not activated" under security (IGNORE THIS), DO NOT Click the Activate Button. It will force you to set a NEW admin Password on your device (Doorbell) which for most Hikvision Cameras would be a normal process but in this case it disrupts future re-inclusions/configuration through the Mobile Apps. Once done, it is not reversible and cannot be Reset either by Factory Settings Reset or Firmware Reload. - rafale

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do not have a NVR but here are my Blue Iris settings:

View attachment 53249

I am drawing straws here, but you may need to change your password back.

From DOORBELL 101:
WARNINGS:
⦁ DO NOT change the admin Password in
iVMS-4200 or Batch Config. Tool. We found when loading the Batch Configuration Tool for the first time and your Doorbell is Discovered, it will show as "not activated" under security (IGNORE THIS), DO NOT Click the Activate Button. It will force you to set a NEW admin Password on your device (Doorbell) which for most Hikvision Cameras would be a normal process but in this case it disrupts future re-inclusions/configuration through the Mobile Apps. Once done, it is not reversible and cannot be Reset either by Factory Settings Reset or Firmware Reload. - rafale
I see the quote now. Unfortunately, I originally set mine up before that was known. I was having issues originally with getting into the camera using the available tools. My doorbell camera has been working fine. I just got around to installing the new lorex system I bought and was adding the camera to an empty chanel. Hopefully, I can get past this.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see the quote now. Unfortunately, I originally set mine up before that was known. I was having issues originally with getting into the camera using the available tools. My doorbell camera has been working fine. I just got around to installing the new lorex system I bought and was adding the camera to an empty chanel. Hopefully, I can get past this.
Let us know your results. I updated the DOORBELL 101 putting the warning also in the top Q/A section. You may want to reach out to - @rafale His post - rafale, rafale before you attempt any changes since your DB is presently working.

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let us know your results. I updated the DOORBELL 101 putting the warning also in the top Q/A section. You may want to reach out to - @rafale His post - rafale, rafale before you attempt any changes since your DB is presently working.
I'm not having any luck... I know I changed passwords and did the activate stuff when I originally got this up and running. I can access the camera with the EZVIZ just fine. The alerts and everything work as expected. Right now, recorded video is going to their cloud.

I haven't tried changing the password again... But I've tried the default password and the password I changed it to but I keep getting a wrong username/password error.

I'm not sure what to try or if I can recover from this...20200101_231456.jpg20200101_231448.jpg20200101_231442_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

rafale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not having any luck... I know I changed passwords and did the activate stuff when I originally got this up and running. I can access the camera with the EZVIZ just fine. The alerts and everything work as expected. Right now, recorded video is going to their cloud.

I haven't tried changing the password again... But I've tried the default password and the password I changed it to but I keep getting a wrong username/password error.

I'm not sure what to try or if I can recover from this...View attachment 53282View attachment 53283View attachment 53284

If you tried both passwords then it could be an encoding problem. Not sure how the lorex works. By any chance can you try getting the rtsp stream through another software to see if it is indeed a password problem? Something like VLC?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I'm not sure what to try or if I can recover from this...View attachment 53282View attachment 53283View attachment 53284

If you tried both passwords then it could be an encoding problem. Not sure how the lorex works. By any chance can you try getting the rtsp stream through another software to see if it is indeed a password problem? Something like VLC?
Great suggestion...
⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream
1578021931406.png

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great suggestion...
⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream
View attachment 53293
Excellent ideas guys! So, I kept getting the password errors with VLC so I was looking around the options in iVMS-4200 (We really need a better name for that software lol) and tried exporting the configuration. I opened the file in Notepad++ and the passwords were stored in plain text. Apparently, when I entered my password, I had capslock on. I can view the stream in VLC.

I'm going to try adding the camera to my NVR now.

So what behaviors were happening after activating and changing the password for you Rafael? I'm wondering if there is something I will notice late.

Success! The doorbell is currently recording video to my Lorex NVR.

Thank you guys!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Excellent ideas guys! So, I kept getting the password errors with VLC so I was looking around the options in iVMS-4200 (We really need a better name for that software lol) and tried exporting the configuration. I opened the file in Notepad++ and the passwords were stored in plain text. Apparently, when I entered my password, I had capslock on. I can view the stream in VLC.

I'm going to try adding the camera to my NVR now.

So what behaviors were happening after activating and changing the password for you Rafael? I'm wondering if there is something I will notice late.

Success! The doorbell is currently recording video to my Lorex NVR.

Thank you guys!
Great...So which password worked? The Original on the back of your Doorbell or the one you changed it to?

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great...So which password worked? The Original on the back of your Doorbell or the one you changed it to?
The one I changed it to. For clarification, the password I saved on the doorbell was saved with capslock on. I was probably using capslock when I was trying to re-enter the original password.