New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone

New here and looking for help connecting my EZVIZ version to my LTS NVR which has two hard wired LTS cameras connected. I'm going through the Custom Adding on the NVR and thinking I am not doing something correctly, just not sure which part.

I confirmed via VLC that I can see the rstp stream (rtsp:/admin:**@192.168.1.181/Streaming/Channels/101/) so I know the live feed is accessible over network. When in the Custom Adding box, I'm entering the 192.186.1.181 as IP address, Default as Protocol (thats the only option) but wondering if I'm not using the Port number correctly. When I use port 8000, the NVR is able to see the model number, firmware version etc of the doorbell so I think it's seeing the doorbell, but I'm unable to generate a live feed. I've tried using port 554 (and 8554) but that makes things worse, just no connection and doesn't read the model number.

I've tried searching this forum, downloaded all the product manuals, but can't seem to figure out how to go about generating a live feed that the NVR can record. Any help greatly appreciated, and apologies for the novice question.
So I don't know if this helps since I do not have a NVR, but here are my Blue Iris settings in which I am streaming 24/7 to from the Doorbell.
The difference is my LaView Doorbell firmware has ONVIF support. I know there have been others who could not get their DB to stream to their NVRs without upgrading their DB firmware to either LaView or Nelly's (ONVIF) supported. See Doorbell 101
Can you ping the DB from your NVR?

1584705336376.png

Necro

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So...having a weird new problem. The doorbell disconnects from the app now - and stops actually ringing - but I can still stream from it in MotionEye and via various other apps.

If I power-cycle, it reconnects and is fine. Somewhat baffled...this really isn't behavior that's fine w/o some kind of notification when the connection has been lost to the app.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
So...having a weird new problem. The doorbell disconnects from the app now - and stops actually ringing - but I can still stream from it in MotionEye and via various other apps.

If I power-cycle, it reconnects and is fine. Somewhat baffled...this really isn't behavior that's fine w/o some kind of notification when the connection has been lost to the app.
It's possible that it may have lost its' connection to the WIFI then reconnect the moment before you tried using the other apps to test.

Necro

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It reconnected fine once I restarted it - and I have the LaView app due to an issue I had around the mechanical chime toggle. So...it just stopepd working with the app and ringing the bell with no notification...but kept the RTSP stream working. Really really odd.

Necro

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Contemplating just replacing my transformer - it's in a really odd place, I can't read it's specs at all (if they are on there) and I don't want to kill myself taking it off (there's a TON of wires all around it)...but I could just shutdown the whole house and replace it safely. :) Any recommended transformers that would basically eliminate it as an issue completely? (Also, I noticed the wiring to it is a very thin gauge...wondering if that's an issue.)

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Contemplating just replacing my transformer - it's in a really odd place, I can't read it's specs at all (if they are on there) and I don't want to kill myself taking it off (there's a TON of wires all around it)...but I could just shutdown the whole house and replace it safely. :) Any recommended transformers that would basically eliminate it as an issue completely? (Also, I noticed the wiring to it is a very thin gauge...wondering if that's an issue.)

Works great for me and support up to 24V.

I am using 16V with chime and Sage Sensor on this one ... so far no issue for me.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents; Since your stream is not interrupted I would point to the App/Cloud, there have been times when the Cloud hiccups. Your DB notifications are sent to the Cloud then to you phone. You may want to try another App like Emiks5 suggested or wait it out. I have seen Cloud issues last a few days to almost a week, but mainly the DB ringing/calling though.

If you decide to replace your transformer:
Depending on how old your house is and what type of chime you have you more than likely have a 16v 10va which is considered builders grade. It works for some but a lot people have to replace it. Mine worked fine for a couple of months but I decided to replace it since I started streaming 24/7, I replaced it with a 16v 30va. Take a voltage reading at your Doorbell and you should be able to get a good idea if you have a 16v or 24v trans. Of course, once found, looking at the trans will tell you too :)

FROM 101:
⦁ Transformers; this is one of the big questions with Smart Doorbells, what size do I need or do I even need to change it at all? Well it is all up to your existing Transformer and Chime, there are many different brands of Transformers all putting out different voltages/loads than what their label states. It will be hit or miss if your Transformer can handle the extra Load created by the Smart Doorbell (when the Doorbell button is pushed). There are two types of Chimes out there, Mechanical and Digital and many brands. Most here tried their existing transformers first, if they had problems with the Chime not working properly, Doorbell randomly disconnecting from the network, random reboots, etc., they changed theirs out. The general rule is, if your existing transformer is 16v then replace with 16v, if 24v then buy a 24v (Some have reported going from 16v to 24v increased their Chime volume). But what needs to increase to fix the above stated problems is the Volts/Amps (va), since your Smart Doorbell requires constant power (which is not a problem since your Chime uses no power until your Doorbell button is pushed) the Smart Doorbell will increase the Load, which depending on your Chime, may or may not work properly. Several owners here are using their 16v 10va with no problems, mine worked also with no problems. But if you have problems, 16v 30va or 24v 30va is a common replacement, you could use a 40va too.
Summary; By adding a Smart Doorbell to an existing Doorbell/Chime system, pressing the new Smart Doorbell button will now increase the Load so in most cases you need a transformer that can handle this increased draw/load, this is why you would go with a higher rated (va) transformer.

For Mechanical Chimes, here is a video to help explain transformers:
16v 10va vs. 16v 30va Doorbell Transformer

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi i have the ezviz camera. with laview firmware.. unit did a factory reset and i cannot reconnect to camera.
software recognizes it as ezviz, so when i put in laview information it keeps telling me i need to connect to the ezviz network. does anyone know how i can fix this?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hi i have the ezviz camera. with laview firmware.. unit did a factory reset and i cannot reconnect to camera.
software recognizes it as ezviz, so when i put in laview information it keeps telling me i need to connect to the ezviz network. does anyone know how i can fix this?
Here you go:

DOORBELL 101

If you tried to RESET your Doorbell without changing your firmware back to your brand's firmware first, see WARNINGS: section (ex. You own a RCA Doorbell with LaView's firmware installed) and you are unable to get pass the OR Scan Code step. Here is your fix: - rafale

⦁ RESETTING Your Doorbell; If you have changed your Doorbell's firmware to another brand's firmware (ex. You own a RCA Doorbell but have upgraded to LaView's firmware) DO NOT Reset Your Doorbell without changing your firmware back to your Doorbell brand's firmware. If you Reset without changing it back you will be unable to continue the setup process when coming to scanning the OR Scan Code step. There is a fix if you missed this Warning: - rafale

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here you go:

DOORBELL 101

If you tried to RESET your Doorbell without changing your firmware back to your brand's firmware first, see WARNINGS: section (ex. You own a RCA Doorbell with LaView's firmware installed) and you are unable to get pass the OR Scan Code step. Here is your fix: - rafale

⦁ RESETTING Your Doorbell; If you have changed your Doorbell's firmware to another brand's firmware (ex. You own a RCA Doorbell but have upgraded to LaView's firmware) DO NOT Reset Your Doorbell without changing your firmware back to your Doorbell brand's firmware. If you Reset without changing it back you will be unable to continue the setup process when coming to scanning the OR Scan Code step. There is a fix if you missed this Warning: - rafale
thanks! i didn't try to reset the camera. it just went and reset. wished i knew why.

Choots

n3wb
Reaction score
So see this post concerning your Synology.

Also, we have compiled a Tip list:

Doorbell 101
Thanks, this post you mention did the trick for me, though it took me a bit to recall how to use SUDO to get the command to work permissions right. The Doorbell 101 is an excellent reference.

Now I just have to figure out why the doorbell doesn't notify allowing me to answer in time, and install a chime in the hallway so we can actually hear it when home.

Thanks!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks! i didn't try to reset the camera. it just went and reset. wished i knew why.
So actually the same thing happened to rafale, his kept resetting on its own, but his fix definitely works, several here has had to apply it. The Warning is just a general warning for all. If you have any problems let us or rafale know.

Choots

n3wb
Reaction score
Never had issues on my Synology DS1812+. Here are the screenshots of my settings for each tab.

The rtsp connection string is: rtsp:/admin:#####@192.168.1.146:554/Streaming/Channels/101/

View attachment 57503View attachment 57504View attachment 57505

Did you check the network? Ping is ok? Can you access port 554 on the IP of the camera (test with telnet)?
Thanks, I had to edit the camera definitions and add one for the RCA - as mentioned in the post prior to yours. It took me a bit to do it, but then I could choose that from the list when adding a camera and all went well from there. Thanks for showing your settings, that has helped too.

Now, I see it in the live view but it's not recording as far as I can tell. I'll have to do some more testing, but is that expected behaviour, or can you get the Synology to record?

Thanks!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, this post you mention did the trick for me, though it took me a bit to recall how to use SUDO to get the command to work permissions right. The Doorbell 101 is an excellent reference.

Now I just have to figure out why the doorbell doesn't notify allowing me to answer in time, and install a chime in the hallway so we can actually hear it when home.

Thanks!
Here is a Tip from our DOORBELL 101, there are a few write-ups they may help.

⦁ If you are having problems with receiving Phone Calls from your Doorbell trying cleaning your phone: - flynreelow - Several here, including myself, have reported this to randomly work/not work. We have not been able to pin it down to a specific App/Version or phone (iPhone/Android and/or their O/S version) or if it is just a random Cloud issue. UPDATE: Users are having success using the Guarding Vision App - jmcu - David L - TechBill - mitchapp - bob2701

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, I had to edit the camera definitions and add one for the RCA - as mentioned in the post prior to yours. It took me a bit to do it, but then I could choose that from the list when adding a camera and all went well from there. Thanks for showing your settings, that has helped too.

Now, I see it in the live view but it's not recording as far as I can tell. I'll have to do some more testing, but is that expected behaviour, or can you get the Synology to record?

Thanks!
If you see it in Live View, that means Surveillance Station is accessing the RTSP feed correctly. So forget about connection issues now.

If it does not record it's because you have not configured Surveillance Station correctly. It's a separate issue that you have to resolve. Check the help of the software (it's well made) or ask on Synology forums. It's not that difficult, there are not a thousand options, play with those or ask for help in the appropriate forums.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A weird thing I wanted to bring to your attention: EZVIZ replaced my broken DB1, I initialized it and then I restored the backup configuration I made with the Batch Configuration tool some time ago.

After I rebooted it everything was back up like before. The day after I tried connecting with the Batch Config tool, but it told me the access passowrd (the verification code on the cam) was incorrect. I lost 30 minutes trying to figure out the issue, never happened to me before. Then I tried using the verification code of the replaced DB1, the old code, and it worked.

I thought that code was tied to the hw of the cam, instead I think it's in the configuration, so when I restored the old .bin file on the new cam, the verification code too was replaced with the old one.

I thought about writing this in case someone else has the same issue.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
A weird thing I wanted to bring to your attention: EZVIZ replaced my broken DB1, I initialized it and then I restored the backup configuration I made with the Batch Configuration tool some time ago.

After I rebooted it everything was back up like before. The day after I tried connecting with the Batch Config tool, but it told me the access passowrd (the verification code on the cam) was incorrect. I lost 30 minutes trying to figure out the issue, never happened to me before. Then I tried using the verification code of the replaced DB1, the old code, and it worked.

I thought that code was tied to the hw of the cam, instead I think it's in the configuration, so when I restored the old .bin file on the new cam, the verification code too was replaced with the old one.

I thought about writing this in case someone else has the same issue.
Thanks for sharing this.