New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

dromero

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't mean to chime in on ya'lls conversation but I have a small list in the Doorbell 101 that you can look at:

OTHER HARDWARE TO CONSIDER:
FRENCK (USA) Relay (Works with Home Assistant)
Xiaomi Aqara Door Window Sensor Zigbee Wireless Connection (Works with Home Assistant) - Olddawg
Finder (EUR) Relay, 344Mhz Transmitter - KlaverBoer, KlaverBoer / Finder (EUR) Relay, 344Mhz Transmitter - Jack007
uxcell (BC) Ice Cube Relay - Ford
Doorbell Monernizer (EUR) - Fietspomp
⦁ Sage Sensor - TechBill - alexdelprete
Thanks but I've the Finder from this list, 8V and 12V version and it's not working

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tofu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a LaView running 190716 and recording 24/7 in Blue iris. I found this:

That's what I'm confused about. I tried both drivers posted there for my processor. Even if I disabled Intel acceleration I get the memory leak. My other cameras with Intel enabled have no issue.

If I disable and enable the doorbell can, it resets the memory usage back to normal temporarily

danli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What relay do you have? I can't get it to work with the 8V AC Finder relay and neither with the 12V AC Finder relay :-(

Tried with Mechanical and Digital in the app. Could the powerkit be dead?
I use a Finder 40.52.8.012.0000. Soldered it to a breadboard and added some screw terminals.

Attachments

blicky_1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I had to reset my UK EZVIZ DB1 today due to me playing with settings and then it loosing connection (my fault!) I carried out the DB1 reset on the front of the unit no problem but once back up and running the internal mechanical chime would no longer work. I tried to find the 'chime type' in the EZVIZ app settings but it's not showing any longer? why has this dissapeared?

In the end the only way I could get it back was to install the Hik-Connect app and using the settings menu it allowed me to select the mechanical chime mode again, all working fine now! just thought I would put this here if anyone else is trying to find the same.

Thanks for all the great info on this thread!

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone with an older RCA (mid 2019 or earlier) door bell, used the latest ezviz firmware? and been able to turn off the chime? Additionally, has anyone then went back to the laview firmware or nelly with ONVIF support and the the chime stayed off.

dromero

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone with an older RCA (mid 2019 or earlier) door bell, used the latest ezviz firmware? and been able to turn off the chime? Additionally, has anyone then went back to the laview firmware or nelly with ONVIF support and the the chime stayed off.
Not exactly the answer to your question, but I have an ezviz doorbell and after disabling the chime with the latest firmware and going back to the laview firmware the chime comes back on.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I had to reset my UK EZVIZ DB1 today due to me playing with settings and then it loosing connection (my fault!) I carried out the DB1 reset on the front of the unit no problem but once back up and running the internal mechanical chime would no longer work. I tried to find the 'chime type' in the EZVIZ app settings but it's not showing any longer? why has this dissapeared?

In the end the only way I could get it back was to install the Hik-Connect app and using the settings menu it allowed me to select the mechanical chime mode again, all working fine now! just thought I would put this here if anyone else is trying to find the same.

Thanks for all the great info on this thread!
Thanks for sharing. We all are hoping EZVIZ comes to their senses and puts the option back on a future App update.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a LaView DB running LaView firmware and I actually had that thought too. I can say this, the outside chime option is not showing in my EZVIZ App, so I am like you thinking EZVIZ firmware would need to be loaded on the DB in order for that EZVIZ App option to work and if it works anything like the RCA Logo disappearing when loading LaView firmware then it should remain off. I did once load the EZVIZ firmware on my LaView in hope the Google Assistant feature would work, but it did not. That was Hardware or Cloud specific. I will have to look back on what version of EZVIZ firmware I tried. Pretty sure is was 190708 and not the 191211 2020 version.

Let us know if you try it and the results. If no one responses in the coming days, I may try it myself.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a LaView DB running LaView firmware and I actually had that thought too. I can say this, the outside chime option is not showing in my EZVIZ App, so I am like you thinking EZVIZ firmware would need to be loaded on the DB in order for that EZVIZ App option to work and if it works anything like the RCA Logo disappearing when loading LaView firmware then it should remain off. I did once load the EZVIZ firmware on my LaView in hope the Google Assistant feature would work, but it did not. That was Hardware or Cloud specific. I will have to look back on what version of EZVIZ firmware I tried. Pretty sure is was 190708 and not the 191211 2020 version.

Let us know if you try it and the results. If no one responses in the coming days, I may try it myself.
I am not sure but I thought I recalled seeing in this thread's earlier post that someone mentioned removing the EZVIZ device in app and adding it back again restored the doorbell chime options in the setting.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am not sure but I thought I recalled seeing in this thread's earlier post that someone mentioned removing the EZVIZ device in app and adding it back again restored the doorbell chime options in the setting.
Do you remember if it was mentioned that the DB was not a EZVIZ, but another brand? I have been not as in touch here as I have been in the past.

Thank You.

dfarkov

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all!

For those using the DB1 in automation, I have published a new docker image / node package to capture ONVIF events and transmit them over MQTT.
For EzViz and RCA you will have to flash it with Laview firmware to get ONVIF endpoints.
The doorbell only publishes the motion detection, but fails to publish doorbell presses.

Docker: Docker Hub
Github: dmitrif/onvif2mqtt

Been using it past few days with HomeAssistant and Shinobi, and it works great!

Cheers.

Shinobi:
1585285432807.png

HomeAssistant:
1585285452919.png

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you remember if it was mentioned that the DB was not a EZVIZ, but another brand? I have been not as in touch here as I have been in the past.

Thank You.
I can't remember .. but I think it was like 2 week ago when I saw it in this thread. I will try to remember the keywords and do a search on it.

dromero

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all!

For those using the DB1 in automation, I have published a new docker image / node package to capture ONVIF events and transmit them over MQTT.
For EzViz and RCA you will have to flash it with Laview firmware to get ONVIF endpoints.
The doorbell only publishes the motion detection, but fails to publish doorbell presses.

Cheers.

Shinobi:
View attachment 58092

HomeAssistant:
View attachment 58093
such a pity that the doorbell presses are not exposed over onvif.... would solve my not working relay problem...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all!

Cheers.

Shinobi:
View attachment 58092

HomeAssistant:
View attachment 58093
Wow this is very impressive. Thank you for putting this together for all of us. Please forgive me as I am still quite a novice but is there a way to post the LaView firmware on Docker Hub or GitHub? I don't know their rules. My thought is if LaView changes/updates their firmware and ONVIF no longer works for other Hik branded DBs then this will no longer work for new DB owners. I have attached the original dated LaView firmware 190716 for you if you are able to include it in your repositories.

Oh FYI, I am sure you are familiar with this: ONVIF Event API
Oh and I added your links to the Doorbell 101, thank you...

Attachments

Last edited:

dfarkov

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow this is very impressive. Thank you for putting this together for all of us. Please forgive me as I am still quite a novice but is there a way to post the LaView firmware on Docker Hub or GitHub? I don't know their rules. My thought is if LaView changes/updates their firmware and ONVIF no longer works for other Hik branded DBs then this will no longer work for new DB owners. I have attached the original dated LaView firmware 190716 for you if you are able to include it in your repositories.

Oh FYI, I am sure you are familiar with this: ONVIF Event API
Oh and I added your links to the Doorbell 101, thank you...
Hi!

I will include the LaView firmware on github somewhere. I don't see the harm in that unless they send over a DMCA. Great thinking, thank you!

I am actually using that package to faciliate the onvif communication :) Mostly my code is a glue layer between the two protocol packages with some boilerplate around it to make it easily extensible for other events + configuration logic.

Cheers!

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@dfarkov,

Thank you for the post. This is the way I installed it in Docker and I see it running with MQTT Explorer. Great stuff.

Not sure this is the proper way to install it but it works for me.

1 - docker pull dfarkov/onvif2mqtt:latest
2 - cd /opt
3 - git clone dmitrif/onvif2mqtt
4 - mkdir /opt/onvif2mqtt/config
5 - cd /opt/onvif2mqtt
6 - nano config.dev.yml
7 - cp config.dev.yml /opt/onvif2mqtt/config/config.yml
8 -
docker run -d --name="onvif2mqtt" -v /opt/onvif2mqtt:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host --restart always dfarkov/onvif2mqtt
9 - docker ps shows it continously restarting.
5420978e7f67 dfarkov/onvif2mqtt "docker-entrypoint.s…" 9 minutes ago Restarting (1) 53 seconds ago onvif2mqtt
10 - MQTT Explorer shows it running (well partially)
mqttexplorer.jpg
11- logs show errors...
thinking I messed up the IP of the camera and MQTT server...

}
{"level":30,"time":1585314771147,"msg":"Loading configuration. {\"configPath\":\"/config/config.yml\"}","v":1}
{"level":30,"time":1585314771158,"msg":"Validating configuration file.","v":1}
{"level":30,"time":1585314771466,"name":"Manager","msg":"Beginning initialization...","v":1}
{"level":30,"time":1585314771468,"name":"MQTT","hostname":"192.168.244.150:undefined","msg":"Connecting.","v":1}
{"level":30,"time":1585314771644,"name":"MQTT","hostname":"192.168.244.150:undefined","msg":"Successfully connected.","v":1}
{"level":30,"time":1585314771647,"name":"ONVIF/doorbell","hostname":"192.168.244.150","msg":"Attempting connection.","v":1}
{"level":20,"time":1585314771652,"name":"MQTT","hostname":"192.168.244.150:undefined","msg":"Publishing. {\"topic\":\"onvif2mqtt/doorbell/json\",\"value\":\"{\\n \\\"device\\\": \\\"doorbell\\\",\\n \\\"event\\\": \\\"motion\\\"\\n \\\"state\\\": \\\"false\\\"\\n}\",\"retain\":false}","v":1}
{"level":20,"time":1585314771654,"name":"MQTT","hostname":"192.168.244.150:undefined","msg":"Publishing. {\"topic\":\"onvif2mqtt/doorbell/motion\",\"value\":\"OFF\",\"retain\":true}","v":1}
{"level":50,"time":1585314771686,"name":"ONVIF/doorbell","hostname":"192.168.244.150","msg":"Failed to connect to doorbell {\"errno\":\"ECONNREFUSED\",\"code\":\"ECONNREFUSED\",\"syscall\":\"connect\",\"address\":\"192.168.244.150\",\"port\":80}","v":1}
{"level":30,"time":1585314771687,"name":"ONVIF/doorbell","hostname":"192.168.244.150","msg":"Successfully connected.","v":1}
/node_modules/onvif/lib/cam.js:185
? (this.uri[options.service] ? this.uri[options.service].path : options.service)

Duh....messed up the configuration yaml using the same IP for the MQTT server and camera...fat fingered it...looks to be running now...

docker ps shows...
19a8f406c00d dfarkov/onvif2mqtt "docker-entrypoint.s…" 2 minutes ago Up 2 minutes onvif2mqtt

docker logs onvif2mqtt looks ok but not understanding undefined.

{"level":30,"time":1585316096223,"msg":"Loading configuration. {\"configPath\":\"/config/config.yml\"}","v":1}
{"level":30,"time":1585316096234,"msg":"Validating configuration file.","v":1}
{"level":30,"time":1585316096564,"name":"Manager","msg":"Beginning initialization...","v":1}
{"level":30,"time":1585316096565,"name":"MQTT","hostname":"192.168.244.150:undefined","msg":"Connecting.","v":1}
{"level":30,"time":1585316096738,"name":"MQTT","hostname":"192.168.244.150:undefined","msg":"Successfully connected.","v":1}
{"level":30,"time":1585316096741,"name":"ONVIF/doorbell","hostname":"192.168.244.152","msg":"Attempting connection.","v":1}
{"level":20,"time":1585316096747,"name":"MQTT","hostname":"192.168.244.150:undefined","msg":"Publishing. {\"topic\":\"onvif2mqtt/doorbell/json\",\"value\":\"{\\n \\\"device\\\": \\\"doorbell\\\",\\n \\\"event\\\": \\\"motion\\\"\\n \\\"state\\\": \\\"false\\\"\\n}\",\"retain\":false}","v":1}
{"level":20,"time":1585316096750,"name":"MQTT","hostname":"192.168.244.150:undefined","msg":"Publishing. {\"topic\":\"onvif2mqtt/doorbell/motion\",\"value\":\"OFF\",\"retain\":true}","v":1}
{"level":30,"time":1585316097048,"name":"ONVIF/doorbell","hostname":"192.168.244.152","msg":"Successfully connected.","v":1}

Have HA and my OmniPro2 / Samsung Smartthings hub running in docker. Homeseer is also reading the MQTT stuff.

Last edited:

dfarkov

n3wb
Reaction score
@pete_c, Do you have a port specified under mqtt in the config?

I will be updating the default configuration later today to include the sensible default for mqtt (1883). The current merge of default configuration + user configuration ends up discarding any deeply nested values.

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes

MQTT server is using standard MQTT port that is 1883

my HA configuration file shows:

mqtt:
broker: 127.0.0.1
username: xxx
password: xxx
discovery: true
discovery_prefix: homeassistant

mqtt explorer uses standard port 1883.

the onvif add on configuration is also configured for port 1883

mqtt:
host: 192.168.244.150
port: 1883

It is the same computer running docker, MQTT server, HA et al. Should I change it to the loopback address of 127.0.0.1??

Just got an Amazon delivery (0900c time near Chicago) and was watching MQTT explorer and saw the messages from the add on.

Last edited: