New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the Ezviz and wnet up to the Hikvision firmware and i still have the outside bell option in the Ezviz app, i think @alexdelprete has experienced this.
The app has always the same options, it's not "dynamic" like batch config. If you try to turn off the outside bell option in the ezviz app and the camera has hikvision firmware, you will see it throws an error, because the firmware does not support that functionality.

Already tested by me and some other users in the past.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Been away from home this week and noticed BI lost my Ezviz although the Ez app still had connection, when i got back to my pc i noticed that the cam has changed its ip address and gateway, so i have reserved one for it now and see how that goes.
All my devices in the house have dhcp reservations, I don't want them to change IP addresses, for many reasons (firewall rules, etc.). The only devices that I leave with dynamic ip addresses on are notebooks, mobile phones, tablets, etc.

In order to avoid that problem you had with BI, if you want to avoid having a reservation in dhcp, is to use hostname instead of the IP, if BI allows it obviously.

In networks, even private LANs, the main cause of all issues, in my experience, are DNS and IP addresses messed up. The second main cause is a bad WiFi network. Once you properly address those 3 things, you should be good to go, unless you have a very specific problem.

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This time BI kept hold but Ezviz app lost camera, another reset, Just pressed reset and reconfigured in batch, so reserved ip may have helped BI but not sure why Ezviz app lost it, got a sig/intensity of 62, and not sure what went off at around 01:54 but i was defo fast asleep.

Cam.png

if problems persist i may try telling router to seperate 2.4 and 5GHz signals, for what its worth. I know it shouldn't matter but you never know. The 0.3 is my desktop pc.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the 3D bracket! Just ordered one from an online 3D printing service :) Finally getting rid of the wall on the recordings :)
When you get it please share some pics and let us know how it fits. Thanks...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tagging these two posts because they asked about 3d printing a bracket, but there is a 30 degree one on thingiverse using the same design as the original... I know it doesn't quite answer either, but since it wasn't mentioned I figured I'd add it to the knowledge base lol. It isn't quite the angle I need, but it's way better than the plates that came with it.

Great Find...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This time BI kept hold but Ezviz app lost camera, another reset, Just pressed reset and reconfigured in batch, so reserved ip may have helped BI but not sure why Ezviz app lost it, got a sig/intensity of 62, and not sure what went off at around 01:54 but i was defo fast asleep.

View attachment 63592

if problems persist i may try telling router to seperate 2.4 and 5GHz signals, for what its worth. I know it shouldn't matter but you never know. The 0.3 is my desktop pc.
2.4GHz, IMO, is more stable (less disconnects), again just my 2 cents and what I have experienced with many of our devices over time...5GHz is great if you are sitting on top of your router :), just kidding...

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
2.4GHz, IMO, is more stable (less disconnects), again just my 2 cents and what I have experienced with many of our devices over time...5GHz is great if you are sitting on top of your router :), just kidding...
Yeah i know what you mean, was just trying to get quality and quantity but may have to resign to just the 1, will see how it goes.

Although BI showed no disconnects over 24hrs on the 5GHz, just the app lost touch.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

View attachment 63592

Expand columns for records 457 and 458 so we can read details of the actions. This has nothing to do with the Wifi, no need to split 2.4/5ghz. Was the old IP 192.168.0.3 or is it the new one? Go back in the log and filter by "Major Type: Operation" to see if something similar happened in the past.

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This should be the step-by-step procedure, based on my experience:

Rich (BB code):
  1. Use Batch Config to upgrade Firmware (SYSTEM->SYSTEM MAINTENANCE->Remote Upgrade)
  2. Use Batch Config (from main screen) to Reset the config of the cam (check the following screenshot) View attachment 62050
  3. The camera should reboot automatically after this reset, if not, reboot it
  4. Using the PC, connect to the AP of the camera softap_serial#, the wifi password is softap_authcode (seria#: s/n of the cam - authcode: 6 char authcode)
  5. Reboot
  6. Connect again (like in step #4)
  7. Use Batch Config to change default SSID from softap_serial# to EZVIZ_serial# (use the uppercase and don't change password or anything else, just the SSID)
  8. Reboot
  9. Check with the PC the list of available wifi APs:
    1. If you see the softap_serial# AP, it means you didn't change the SSID, so go back to step #7
    2. if you see the EZVIZ_serial# AP, proceed with next step
  10. Start the mobile app (EZVIZ on android playstore or Hik-connect available here: Hikvision App Store) and configure it like a brand new camera
I hope I didn't miss any step, let me know in case I did. This is the procedure I used some days ago, but I just wrote it out of my head now, so it has to be validated by someone who's doing the upgrade now so we can correct it. Please let me know.

NOTE: This is a general procedure for upgrade to another vendor's firmware, I don't know if Laview/Nelly's firmwares have differente AP names, you just need to adapt it to their specific differences but procedure is the same. If someone with Nelly/Laview firmware can tell me what AP they see after the upgrade, we can generalize the procedure.

(tag for @David L for 101 update)
I tried following this to update my firmware to the latest Hikvision and I'm stuck with an incorrect password. When trying to connect with the EZVIZ app through the wizard or manually. I used ivs-4200 instead of Batch Config. I wish I just left things alone.... gtrrrr

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The only difference among 2.4/5Ghz is the reach inside a house. 5ghz has less penetration through walls. But the camera supports Dual Band, so it takes care of this on its own. Never had the need to have 2.4/5ghz with separate SSIDs. I recommend a good mesh system, single SSID, dual band devices and proper router configuration, with reserved IP addresses. If there's a disconnection it reconnects in a few seconds, and IP address doesn't change if you reserved it.

When I use my notebook to work on files on my NAS, I can immediately sense when it's connected in 2.4ghz, even browsing a folder takes seconds, whilst in 5Ghz it's like being connected with an ethernet switch, latency and bandwidth are much better. I've forced the intel driver on my notebook to 802.11ac. No 2.4Ghz inside the house since I have placed mesh repeaters in proper spots, so I have good signal everywhere both in 2.4 and 5Ghz. The only thing I need to do now is having all the mesh repeaters connected via gigabit ethernet to the mesh master.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried following this to update my firmware to the latest Hikvision and I'm stuck with an incorrect password. When trying to connect with the EZVIZ app through the wizard or manually. I used ivs-4200 instead of Batch Config. I wish I just left things alone.... gtrrrr
at what point of the guide are you stuck? Point 4?

What SSID do you see for the camera, from the PC? softap_ ?

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
at what point of the guide are you stuck? Point 4?

What SSID do you see for the camera, from the PC? softap_ ?
I got the SSID renamed. That was a pain because my computer didn't want to keep the connection. I eventually got past the password issue. The the SSID was EZVIZ_serial# but the password was softap_authcode. That got me through setup but now when I scan my network, I'm not seeing the DB as an available ONVIF camera.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got the SSID renamed. That was a pain because my computer didn't want to keep the connection. I eventually got past the password issue. The the SSID was EZVIZ_serial# but the password was softap_authcode. That got me through setup but now when I scan my network, I'm not seeing the DB as an available ONVIF camera.
First rule of the DOORBELL club: "Before doing anything such as fw upgrades, batch config updates, etc., make sure you have a proper, solid connection to the camera." ;)

When you say you are not seeing, what are you referring to? The mobile app? BI? Synology Surveillance Station?
Check what IP the camera was assigned through the router, and ping it to see if it is on the network. Let me know if you can ping it.

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First rule of the DOORBELL club: "Before doing anything such as fw upgrades, batch config updates, etc., make sure you have a proper, solid connection to the camera." ;)

When you say you are not seeing, what are you referring to? The mobile app? BI? Synology Surveillance Station?
Check what IP the camera was assigned through the router, and ping it to see if it is on the network. Let me know if you can ping it.
I can access the doorbell through the EZVIZ app. I can access the camera/remote configuration in ivms-4200 software. I have reserved the IP in my router and set the IP manually for the DB via remote configuration. I am trying to access the camera through the FlirCloud software and Lorex Software. I have 3 other Amcrest cameras I am accessing via IP with ONVIF. They show up in FlirCloud and Lorex.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can access the doorbell through the EZVIZ app. I can access the camera/remote configuration in ivms-4200 software. I have reserved the IP in my router and set the IP manually for the DB via remote configuration. I am trying to access the camera through the FlirCloud software and Lorex Software. I have 3 other Amcrest cameras I am accessing via IP with ONVIF. They show up in FlirCloud and Lorex.
Can't help you with FlirCloud/Lorex. If the camera is available through ezviz app it means it's working on the network too.

If you want to check ONVIF on the camera, you can use ONVIF Device Manager on a windows pc:

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't help you with FlirCloud/Lorex. If the camera is available through ezviz app it means it's working on the network too.

If you want to check ONVIF on the camera, you can use ONVIF Device Manager on a windows pc:
That's a neat tool. I'm able to see various settings for the doorbell with the ONVIF Device Manager you shared. Is there anything here I should look for, for something wrong?

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's a neat tool. I'm able to see various settings for the doorbell with the ONVIF Device Manager you shared. Is there anything here I should look for, for something wrong?
Nope, if it connects and you see all the menus and live video then ONVIF works fine. When you launched it the first time, it did a discovery on the LAN, if the camera came up it means network discovery is ok. I think the sw you are using are doing the same discovery process, they should work.

So the camera is working correctly, ONVIF too. The upgrade went ok.

Ayy

n3wb
Reaction score
Probably I was not clear when I wrote about my experience with the upgrade of my Ezviz Db1 to Hikvision's latest fw: It works with Alexa, Google Home and ONVIF works perfectly with my Synology.
I wrote some posts providing pictures of Alexa and Google Home (on my nvidia tv pro 2019) showing the camera stream.

Sorry if I disappeared gentlemen, it's a busy and difficult period. But David is back, so everybody is in good hands. :)

Will be back soon...
so to confirm: you did this going from EZVIZ branded camera to Hivision's latest 200321 [?] firmware and you get ONVIF + both assistants; or is there an even newer Hikvision firmware not posted int the 101?

I want to have the same functionality on an RCA branded camera currently on 190124, except for the warning about nelly's fw bricking I should be good to jump to hikvision 200321

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
so to confirm: you did this going from EZVIZ branded camera to Hivision's latest 200321 [?] firmware and you get ONVIF + both assistants; or is there an even newer Hikvision firmware not posted int the 101?

I want to have the same functionality on an RCA branded camera currently on 190124, except for the warning about nelly's fw bricking I should be good to jump to hikvision 200321
Going to Hik or LaView FW will give you ONVIF, but not Google or Alexa native support. Right now only EZVIZ DBs have Google and Alexa.
For Alexa you can check out Monocle. I personally have no experience with it but several here do.