New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pushing the reset and holding is not easy, but I pulled wires from the transformer and put a switch on one leg so I can easily hold the reset button and turn the power on to the doorbell.
I've tried formatting the card in Windows and using Rufus, tried with just the firmware file on the card, firmware file + a copy named digicap.dav, just a file named digicap.dav and repeated with both HIK and EZ-Viz firmware. I'm pretty sure since the LED ring never flashes, it is not able to even get to the point where it reads the firmware off of the card.

It's dead JIm.

Thanks for the help.
I think you know this but

You have to have the firmware file (*.dat) named right for the loaded firmware to work. When I bricked my on the HickVid firmware I ended up renam
Well, I've had the LaView version of the doorbell up and running for over a year now without any problems, and over the last few days I've noticed some random glitching of the video stream and today the button press doesn't ring my mechanical chime anymore. I rebooted a couple of times without any remedy. I wonder if it's a power problem... Do you think my 30VA transformer that I installed new back when I installed the doorbell is going bad?
Its sounds like a heat problem and that is great because its easy to test and fix. If you remove power for about 10min then hookup and it works like new again odds are its a heat problem. If that is the case you can try putting a GAP between the Door Bell and the mount so the heat can get out at the TOP.

A 16v 30va runs the door bells MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, cooler then a 26v ??va transformer. The higher VOLTS is the problem not the higher VA. If you do a search through this thread you will find ALOT of people pointing this out.

You need a high enough voltage that the door bell gets enough VOLTS at the end of that long small gauge wire. So the LOWER the volts that works the better for the life span of ALL the smart Door Bells.

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.
I followed the guidance and that worked out well. Was able to configure the wifi and have the doorbell join the home wifi. However I seem to be in the same spot as when I manually added it do the GV app.
The camera and recording is working but I don't see a way to get the doorbell to work - that is get notified in the GV app (or other app) when the button is pressed.
Btw, I'm not using a chime - my plan was to get notified in the app when button is pressed - at least as a first step.
I've not found a way to configure that functionality through the app or in iVMS4200?

I kind of had this problem with the RCA doorbell with the RCA firmware. I still have no clue why this fixed it so please let me know if this works for you as well.

I used BatchConfig, the GEAR icon "remote configuration", "Event" then Motion Detection".
Well, I was trying to access the rca app today to view a notification which I have Face ID turned on for and I had my face mask on. It wouldn’t recognize me with my mask on, So I canceled and try logging in via username / password and none of that worked. Then I tried doing a forget password and it said it couldn’t find the username or the phone number or my email address and I tried all 3. So after creating another account, Now when I try to “re-add” the camera... it says it is registered to another account and I have to remove it first. Well obviously I can’t do that.... is there some other magic trick to fix this and get it added back to the app?
How or what app are you running that lets you use "Face ID" with the RCA app and what firmware are you running on it?

JimEPage

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know where to buy it in North America. You may need to email Ezviz Europe and ask them.
Yeah, I got exactly nowhere with them. I actually talked to someone on the phone and they had no idea what I was talking about, despite the chime being on their website. I even gave her the website address to verify and she had no idea it existed and had no record of it. I felt like I was in a Twilight Zone episode.

gudmundurg

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you provide screen shots of what it is you see in the GV app?
IMG_4609.png IMG_4610.png IMG_4611.png IMG_4612.png IMG_4613.png IMG_4614.png

Here's how it looks. The last one is what I get when clicking "Remote configuration"
I don't think I've seen that before. Think it was Unsupported device or something like that.

Should I listen and upgrade? I kind of thought I would be able to get the basics to work without firmware update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody has had the problem I just encountered. I don't recall seeing anyone else reporting it, but this is a long thread...

I installed the RCA version back in July, it's been working great. I didn't change the firmware to another vendor's, only upgraded to the latest version at that time.

This morning, Blue Iris alerted me to the doorbell being disconnected, which happens on occasion, it normally reconnects very quickly. This time, it did not reconnect. I checked it and it was flashing red. I powered cycled it and it was still flashing red. Pressing the button still caused the door bell to ring. The doorbell was really hot, hotter than I remember from the initial installation, I could barely touch it.

I used the Reset button, the doorbell said reset successful. Then I got the prompt to configure it via the app and it was now flashing blue. Walking through the setup process, the app could not find the doorbell. When I scanned for the doorbell's wifi, there was no sign of it or anything remotely resembling the expected name.

I called Audiovox support and a support rep made me walk through the whole setup process again on the phone. I even set up a dedicated 2GHz network for the doorbell, to rule out 5GHz compatibility (which wasn't an issue, because it connected to 5GHz previously just fine).

In the end, the tech opened a case for the RMA dept and I'm waiting to hear back.

As I was typing this, it seems to have gotten worse, it's now constantly resetting, causing the doorbell chime to go off every few seconds (grr!). I guess it's definitely dead now...

Fortunately, a local hardware store has one in stock and I'm waiting on a pick up notification so I can have a working doorbell again.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@gudmundurg

Thank you for providing the screen captures. You mentioned earlier that you could see the camera with Hikvision Batch configuration eh?

I responded stating that it appeared to be a Nelly Camera.

Did the box have a tiny sticker on the bottom with a bar code / QR code. In very small print the model number is there. I have to use a magnifying glass to see mine.

Best view of the model number is using the Hikvision Batch Configuration program. Where did you purchase the DB camera?

Guessing if your Android app has cloud access and camera access then it's OK for the app to upgrade the camera.

Personally here with my Nelly DB I upgraded the firmware initially to then most recent Nelly firmware. Later on I upgraded it to the Hikvision firmware.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@gudmundurg:
I am missing one screen. If you press the hexagon in the my device screen, you will get the screen you need to set the PIR range among other useful settings.

damarfi

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I updated step #8 of the guide: "Use Batch Config v3.0.2.6 to change default SSID from softap_serial# to EZVIZ_serial# and the password to EZVIZ_authcode (expected values for EVIZ app, mind the uppercase)"
Hi, need help with changing SSID.. I successfully changed Hikvision firmware with EZVIZ. EZVIZ app recognize new door bell but during initial setup ask for another SSID even I see EZVIZ Ssid on my comp and phone. (I can connect to Ezviz ssid bit app asked me to connect to softap ssid)

Attachments

Kennsys

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, need help with changing SSID.. I successfully changed Hikvision firmware with EZVIZ. EZVIZ app recognize new door bell but during initial setup ask for another SSID even I see EZVIZ Ssid on my comp and phone. (I can connect to Ezviz ssid bit app asked me to connect to softap ssid)
You can change the SSID with the Batch configuration Tool section Network --> Wifi

damarfi

n3wb
Reaction score
You can change the SSID with the Batch configuration Tool section Network --> Wifi
But instryctions here say that when move from Hkvison to Ezviz I need to have EZVIZ SSID and I have it.. Problem is ezviz app which somehow ask for Hikvisin ssid (Doorbell now transmit Ezviz ssid).. When I use Batch Config tool I see Ezviz ssid.. Any help?

gudmundurg

n3wb
Reaction score
@gudmundurg

Thank you for providing the screen captures. You mentioned earlier that you could see the camera with Hikvision Batch configuration eh?

I responded stating that it appeared to be a Nelly Camera.

Did the box have a tiny sticker on the bottom with a bar code / QR code. In very small print the model number is there. I have to use a magnifying glass to see mine.

Best view of the model number is using the Hikvision Batch Configuration program. Where did you purchase the DB camera?

Guessing if your Android app has cloud access and camera access then it's OK for the app to upgrade the camera.

Personally here with my Nelly DB I upgraded the firmware initially to then most recent Nelly firmware. Later on I upgraded it to the Hikvision firmware.
Here is the sticker from the back of the doorbell showing the model number as HNDB313-W/16G

sticker.jpg
I got the doorbell on Ebay - see link here.

And yes I can connect using iVMS 4200, see screenshot.
ivms screen.png

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@gudmundurg

That is a Nelly Doorbell. IE: NDB313-W

My little sticker is identical except that I do not have the H in front of the NDB313-W.

I also purchased it from Ebay new from a 3rd party security company at the time.

I had older Nelly firmware on mine when I purchased it and updated it to your current version of firmware.

As mentioned before then you should probably upgrade your firmware per app gui.

Personally I am no longer using the cloud app. Rather here VPN with my Smartphone to home network and use the old Hikvision iVMS application to get to the doorbell.

I also utilize Zoneminder here (many many years now) and my Omnitouch screens utilize the JPG ONVIF captures and my Amazon Show devices here utilize a proxy server application for a pop up video plus utilize a ONVIF to MQTT motion application in HA and my doorbell is hardwired to my alarm panel via an ELK-930 / 960 boards. A doorbell ring sends a text message to my phone.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is what I get when clicking the hexagon in the My device screen. Don't see any PIR settings etc.

View attachment 70403
Ok, so the problem seens that you can’t login because of an insecure password. I see the samet hing when trying to use hikvision connect app and the ivms-4500 app. But not on the guarding vision app and ezviz app. Very odd because you have to fill in the printed code of the doorbell , which is indeed very insecure. Anyone else knows what to do about this?

gudmundurg

n3wb
Reaction score
@gudmundurg

That is a Nelly Doorbell. IE: NDB313-W

My little sticker is identical except that I do not have the H in front of the NDB313-W.

I also purchased it from Ebay new from a 3rd party security company at the time.

I had older Nelly firmware on mine when I purchased it and updated it to your current version of firmware.

As mentioned before then you should probably upgrade your firmware per app gui.

Personally I am no longer using the cloud app. Rather here VPN with my Smartphone to home network and use the old Hikvision iVMS application to get to the doorbell.

I also utilize Zoneminder here (many many years now) and my Omnitouch screens utilize the JPG ONVIF captures and my Amazon Show devices here utilize a proxy server application for a pop up video plus utilize a ONVIF to MQTT motion application in HA and my doorbell is hardwired to my alarm panel via an ELK-930 / 960 boards. A doorbell ring sends a text message to my phone.
I've now upgraded twice, once to the latest Nelly's191216 (as suggested to upgrade to latest version for the brand). That did not help and same behavior.
Then I upgraded to latest HikVision - 200321. I still don't see any config for the doorbell itself or find a way to get notifications when button is pressed.
Just to iterate my problem:
I'm not using a chime but just want to get notified when doorbell button is pressed.
I believe it is related to not being able to do the initial config. I tried following the upgrade steps described here changing the SSID to be able to use the HIKVISION app for the config, but the result is the same.
The config process starts and the doorbell announces it has connected to the network. "wifi configuration successful". But the app counts down to 0 and is not able to automatically connect to the doorbell once it has joined the home wifi.
I'm able to add it using the IP address but it seems to have limited functionality - just camera functions.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who us not using a chime and just relying on a app for notifications of someone pressing the doorbell. What app are you using? I've tried GV and HikConnect with same limited results.
I'm able to config the doorbell using batch configuration, but don't see anything about configuring the button or notifications.
What am I missing here? There must be a way to use it without a chime.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Curious what is the voltage specs of the AC Doorbell transformer that you are using to power up the doorbell?

In the Hikvision Batch Configuration program check that you have a formatted SD card and that motion detection is enabled.
Make sure too while in the Batch Configuration program that ONVIF is enabled... IE: while device box is enabled click on the ONVIF button on the top of the page.
Also in the Batch Configuration program your time settings are local to you rather than China. You can set these in the ONVIF application too as they will be different.

Do you have an Android tablet around? Try maybe to install the app on the Android tablet and for a short testing time put the Android tablet and the doorbell IP in a DMZ on the firewall. Wondering now if you smart phone telco is blocking some ports on your cellular phone connection.

Way back on initial configuration here made my smart phone a WAP and configured the Doorbell to use the Smartphone wireless AP and then configured the smart phone app. Later on changed the doorbell wap to my home WAP. It connected faster to the adjacent smart phone wireless WAP than my home WAP.

1 - Storage ==> Configuring the HDD parameters
2 - Event ==> Configuring motion detection ==> is enabled
3 - Event ==> Other Alarm ==> PIR Alarm ==> enable alarm linkage actions

As you have seen there is no direct mention of the doorbell button on the Batch Configuration program.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm able to add it using the IP address but it seems to have limited functionality - just camera functions.

This is a local IP connection which works to display video / motion events. It is not though a cloud connection.

To test this if you log in to the cloud app you should see your DB camera whether it is powered on or off. It will be ghosted if it is not connected.

First Video Camera I purchased was an RCA on Ebay. It was mentioned that it was new open box. I could not register the camera as RCA CS stated that the camera was already registered under another users name and I would have to delete that registration which I could not. I returned the first RCA camera I purchased for a full refund.