No signal Error 8000274c

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From your last screen shot it appears six of your cameras have the same IP address. Each camera has to have its own unique IP address.
Thanks Vettester, even though everything is now back to original where I can see cams in Blue Iris,

I just checked all the cams and they are still all on the same IP address.

Please tell me how to change these IP's so they are setup as you mentioned with independent IP addresses.

Thanks much.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Each camera does have a unique IP already but they are on a non-routable network because they are on the internal LAN of your NVR, because of this, all of the cameras need to be identified in BI by the same IP (that of the NVR). Did you change the DHCP scope and set the NVR up with the static IP? If so that put the NVR back on the IP the BI server was looking for and will keep the NVR there so this shouldn't re-occur.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Each camera does have a unique IP already but they are on a non-routable network because they are on the internal LAN of your NVR, because of this, all of the cameras need to be identified in BI by the same IP (that of the NVR). Did you change the DHCP scope and set the NVR up with the static IP? If so that put the NVR back on the IP the BI server was looking for and will keep the NVR there so this shouldn't re-occur.
To clarify, the cameras are not being identified or even streamed from...what is happening is he is pulling the stream from the NVR itself.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, it is setup to pull the individual streams from the NVR. I'm not sure why but someone set them up for him this way, I'm guessing they originally were planning to use the NVR but decided it didn't provide all the features so went with BI but I don't know why they left the cameras behind the NVR, although trying to help him get a PC on that VLAN to re-IP the cameras then back on the routers VLAN then delete and resetting up all of the cameras would have been a challenge (it would be the right way since the NVR isn't Really being used), so I just helped him get the NVR back to the IP it was on when they set it up in BI and make it static (it was DHCP which is why it eventually broke). I also had him change the DHCP scope settings so no devices are given that of the NVR or 108 address again.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm glad its working for you now! Having you BI server, NVR, and PC on the Trednet switch will help with performance since all of the cameras are going through that NVR currently. If you get any additional cameras I'd recommend just plugging those into the Trednet switch and giving them a static IP between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.100 and setting them up directly in BI rather than through the NVR since it doesn't seem that you are really using its features anyway.

Can you access your BI server remotely to check on things while away again?

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you change the DHCP scope and set the NVR up with the static IP?
Thanks Terk, going to do that today. Perhaps doing so will also eliminate one of my cams showing twice in BI and even stranger is I now no longer see my main cam in BI (error is "RTSP 404 Not Found" and tried changing IP several times and the RTSP is the same as the other cams) but I can still hear the alert signal that it is set to alarm when triggered.
Perhaps because it is setup to "pulling the stream from the NVR itself." as fenderman mentioned (Thanks!) is why I have not been able to get BI to see the 2 new cams (even after trying many options in BI "Add camera") yet cams are seen in NVR?

Yes, it is setup to pull the individual streams from the NVR. I'm not sure why but someone set them up for him this way, I'm guessing they originally were planning to use the NVR but decided it didn't provide all the features so went with BI but I don't know why they left the cameras behind the NVR, although trying to help him get a PC on that VLAN to re-IP the cameras then back on the routers VLAN then delete and resetting up all of the cameras would have been a challenge (it would be the right way since the NVR isn't Really being used), so I just helped him get the NVR back to the IP it was on when they set it up in BI and make it static (it was DHCP which is why it eventually broke). I also had him change the DHCP scope settings so no devices are given that of the NVR or 108 address again.
My friend who set these up had never used BI before yet is very smart with PC's etc. It sounds like he did this incorrectly, is there a video you can please reference me to set things up correctly once I get a POE switch as suggested?

The other unused TEG-S80Dg 8 port switches, will they work also for POE or are simply used to add more ports to a router?

I'm glad its working for you now! Having you BI server, NVR, and PC on the Trednet switch will help with performance since all of the cameras are going through that NVR currently. If you get any additional cameras I'd recommend just plugging those into the Trednet switch and giving them a static IP between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.100 and setting them up directly in BI rather than through the NVR since it doesn't seem that you are really using its features anyway.

Can you access your BI server remotely to check on things while away again?
Thanks again Terk! Was nice to get away from house with more of a secure feeling.

My internet is faster than it has been in years and no longer a need to unplug things or unsafely run directly from router! So thankful it works but also with others guidance and patience, to be learning all these things! :)

My apologies I'm slow to learning this very technical yet amazing trade.

I downloaded some apps to try the remote viewing but was never able to figure out how to get it working so I just have it setup to email/text when alerted. Would be really nice to see and even nicer to figure out how to add a speaker to let perps know they are seen and unwelcome. The good thing about living in a crime ridden area is the police drive by frequently to other calls. :/

Once again, much thanks for your assistance, will go make the NVR changes now then see if switch can work to power a cam and then try adding cam to BI.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not sure why it started to work again if you hadn't gotten around to making the DHCP changes yet unless the NVR just happened to switch back to the 101 address via DHCP again which is unlikely but not impossible. Make sure to document the current NVR IP and settings before making any changes now that it is working again.

The TEG-S80Dgswitches that you have are not PoE compliant so you would need to purchase something likehttps://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Unmanaged-Rackmount-Lifetime-Protection/dp/B07788WK5V/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1533315975&sr=1-3&keywords=8+port+poe+switch&dpID=41CnSH08AkL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch however the process to migrate your cameras off the NVR and directly into BI would require a lot of steps, a high level overview of the steaps needed would be something like:
1. move a camera to your TrendNet switch
2. find what IP it was setup with in the NVR
3. configure your normal PC (not BI server) to the same subnet as the camera
4. access the http:\\192.168.254.xxx IP of the camera and sign in
5. modify the cameras IP to 192.168.1.10 then increment that last digit for the next camera, and modify the default gateway of the camera to 192.168.1.1, the subnet mask would be 255.255.255.0 and the DNS server would be 192.168.1.1
6. change your normal PC back to its original IP or back to DHCP
7. verify the camera is accessible on the new http:\\192.168.1.10 address
8. create a new camera object in BI by typing the new IP, the ONVIF user name and password (setup on the camera) and have it detect the settings from there.
9. then delete the old camera object from BI
If you wanted to try this make sure you do so with a camera you can live without for a while until you get it working again.

I'll look through your router documentation to see if it supports OpenVPN if so I could help try to get that going for remote access. Very few of these cameras have speakers built in and I have never setup the ability to talk through BI only listen.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It doesn't look like that router has a VPN server capability, at least not in the PDF above. So then the only options would be to replace the router with an ASUS or another brand that supports hosting an OpenVPN connection or (not recommended) opening a port on the existing router (if you went this route I would definitely suggest getting stunnel setup and working on your BI server first so you can use that port so it is at least encrypted traffic.

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not sure why it started to work again if you hadn't gotten around to making the DHCP changes yet unless the NVR just happened to switch back to the 101 address via DHCP again which is unlikely but not impossible. Make sure to document the current NVR IP and settings before making any changes now that it is working again.

...you would need to purchase something likehttps://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Unmanaged-Rackmount-Lifetime-Protection/dp/B07788WK5V/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1533315975&sr=1-3&keywords=8+port+poe+switch&dpID=41CnSH08AkL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Thanks again Terk, I tried numerous times making changes to IP, RTSP, etc. and always write things down and if it don't work return it to what did originally work in the beginning. However this time and what allowed cam feed to be seen in BI, I tried changing IP once again from xxx1 to xxx2 and it worked all except the one camera as mentioned.

I'd like to have room for more cameras and looking at the same model but 16 port seems to be the next step up... which of these two would work? 16 Port | 76W or the 16 Port | 183W

Last edited:

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The 16 Port | 183W so you don’t run out of power since they are around the same price

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks again Terk, I tried numerous times making changes to IP, RTSP, etc. and always write things down and if it don't work return it to what did originally work in the beginning. However this time and what allowed cam feed to be seen in BI, I tried changing IP once again from xxx1 to xxx2 and it worked all except the one camera as mentioned.

I'd like to have room for more cameras and looking at the same model but 16 port seems to be the next step up... which of these two would work? 16 Port | 76W or the 16 Port | 183W
If I understand correctly you changed the BI camera settings all from 192.168.1.101 to 192.168.1.102? If that is correct you would want to change the NVR to static and give it the 192.168.1.102 address instead of 101 so you don't have to make anyother changes in BI the rest of the NVR settings and DHCP settings in post #70 should still be right.