Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a loss
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain#Health_and_death said:
He had attended a Trump rally in Tulsa 11 days earlier without wearing a mask or socially distancing.[109] Earlier on the same day he went to the hospital, Cain praised South Dakota GovernorKristi Noem for not requiring masks at an upcoming Trump campaign event, saying "Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump. PEOPLE ARE FED UP!"[110] Four weeks later, he was still hospitalized and being treated with oxygen.[111] In late July 2020, Cain died of complications of COVID-19.[1][112]
Herman Cain - Wikipedia

Maybe he was stupid.

7A62698F-8FE6-4C92-B24C-4A37C3B3834D.png

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Mental health is a serious issue all over the world

Exactly. And this is the kind of doctor some of your guys are listening to on "Frontline Doctors" and so upset that the media companies take down their false information.

Meanwhile, this was inevitable:

1596126652115.png

Thank god for 2 USC 7.

Now, why would he post such whackadoodle gibberish today of all days? I mean, he can spout crazy stuff any day but maybe this has something to do with it?

1596126810462.png

A big drop was inevitable, and even countries with strong responses to the pandemic saw drops, but this one is pretty shocking.
Trump owns this pandemic crash in the US and knows the electorate will hold him accountable.

Or, maybe that's not the story he cares about today. I mean, numbers aren't really his thing. He's more about his image, right?

So, while Bush, Clinton, and Obama speak to John Lewis' legacy, Trump sits this one out. I guess he wasn't invited.

1596127160939.png

His lackluster tweet upon learning of Congressman Lewis' death was about a third the length of his praise for Regis Philbin, upon learning of his death.

And you guys think Trump isn't a racist?

Back to pandemic: Yesterday Worldometers recorded >1400 new US deaths and the 7 day average went back above 1000/day.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Trump only owns the Pandemic crash in your mind and those of your persuasion, indeed he has been a voice of re-opening the country and paying attention to the economy. I thought you were blaming him for that, which is it???

The economic crash has been known for over3 months, it was going to happen with or without him. Its ridiculous to think otherwise.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
THE MASK; wearing a mask is to protect you from others, not the other way around.
So why cry over someone a hundred miles away wearing or not wearing a mask.
I don't care what other people are doing, I care about what I am doing.
Don't be a Karen..

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Trump only owns the Pandemic crash in your mind and those of your persuasion, indeed he has been a voice of re-opening the country and paying attention to the economy. I thought you were blaming him for that, which is it???

The economic crash has been known for over3 months, it was going to happen with or without him. Its ridiculous to think otherwise.
You're right that no president could get it all right and nobody wants to be in the hot seat in such a crisis.

But here are a few things I think ANY democrat would have done better, that would have improved the US response:

1. Not reorganize the US pandemic response team in 2018 to save costs. This screwed us up royally this year.
2. Recognize the scale of the threat early by listening to the experts instead of his/her ( ;) ) gut. I means seriously, I was in meetings in late January where the topic was "Why the hell isn't he doing anything?"
3. The need for widespread testing was known in January. The effort should have started then to ramp up capability. We didn't actually start the process until early March. This was a huge fail, because aggressive testing early on would have dramatically reduced the spread. EDIT: Even recently he's still been going on about "too much testing." No, we have way too little testing going on.
4. Listen to the experts, then lead. Not, tell the experts what you want them to say, or usurp their role, or undercut them publicly.
5. When the experts decided we needed to mask up as a country, get behind it full scale. So, in March the president should have gone on TV, given a speech about the need for us to mask, and put one on for the cameras. (of course some democrats might have started refusing to mask... :))
6. Don't ignite political debates about medications... let the studies and worldwide experience evolve and speak for itself over time.
7. When it became clear that we needed to lock down, the president should have gotten behind it instead of undermine the process and start talking about early reopening. We are in the crisis we are now in large part due to premature re-opening and failure to mask properly in public.

These lucky seven items would have dramatically reduced the extent of spread and put us on a much better path than we are on today. We failed as a nation. Trump and his cronies failed and by gosh I hope they pay the price in November.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
.... and the tweet about delaying the election? Jokes on you. He knew after it having been reported and dreamed about by those on the Left ad nauseam that it would “trigger” you into a high speed wobble.

it worked
My favorite is when he talks about a 3rd term. I can feel the triggering.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
You forgot Declaring Martial Law ...
The difference between us is that you are joking about this while I am taking seriously the possibility he might do just this.

He is sticking to Hitler's playbook pretty well so far. Only time will tell whether we slip into a dictatorship or retain our democracy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The difference between us is that you are joking about this while I am taking seriously the possibility he might do just this.

He is sticking to Hitler's playbook pretty well so far. Only time will tell whether we slip into a dictatorship or retain our democracy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I apologize, I did not know you had a history and social studies degree. Again I am sorry.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk