Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
They just keep coming. Another lefite fix o a leftie caused problem:

Oregon changes guidelines for substitute teachers to combat shortage

"the only requirements are for candidates to be 18 years of age and older and undergo a background check."
This is a lie. The other requirement is to be jabbed. Jabbed is more important than qualified.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Bend over, America, they're getting ready to do it to us again.

Merck pill a 'great hope for the future'

Oh my, what a work of blatant promotion. Some of the statements make me want to scream....

a drug called molnupiravir means that the world could finally soon see the widespread distribution of an easy-to-administer pill that is effective in treating COVID-19.
I guess ivermectin must be on a different planet.

Initial results from Merck showed that the new drug cut both deaths and hospitalizations by half in clinical trials.
I wonder if the claims for this will change as many times as they have for the shots?

Federal regulators will not scrutinize the results of those trials closely before granting approval for distribution.
But they sure knocked themselves out supposedly scrutinizing ivermectin. Something brand new gets less scrutiny than a long-standing safe drug?

“Given what we have seen of the data, the hype is justified,”

The search for a simple, widely available treatment for the coronavirus began as soon as the potential severity of the disease it causes became apparent in early 2020.

I think they meant "coverup" instead of "search".

Vaccine skeptics have frequently looked for such substitutes, either in the deworming drug ivermectin or other, more sound treatments
Oh well, at least they didn't say horse paste this time, but just had to get the worm association in there again....
Yeah you really nailed it.

However, as Doctor Campbell pointed out (very subtly), Ivermectin DID NOT get any real studies. MSM just kept saying it was not good, with no REAL studies being done.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Recently I have been focusing much more on my health. While not a self created health disaster, I have a slew of complications which significantly impact my health. These things make any solution to the viri less likely, I was told the vaccine, for me, would be "at best 50% effective". This is because of a comprised immune system. Also, the wonder horse paste is off my list because of some of my issues. So I started looking at how to improve my health, lose a few pounds, and eat healthier. I always liked steak and potatoes, and never liked vegetables, so this is a BIG change for me. Especially given the diet information I learned over the past several decades. :eek:

As I started really looking into this, I discovered that most of the "settled science" on diet we have been fed since 1977, when the FDA first published Dietary Guidelines, was wrong.
Just.
Plain.
Dead.
Wrong.

The American Heart Association, for example, no longer claims cholesterol is bad for you and instead says "Cholesterol is not a nutrient of concern for over consumption." But, if you go to your doctor, they likely will still tell you to stay away from eggs because of cholesterol. The American Diabetes Association still does not push a lower carb diet. Lets be clear - carbs cause your blood glucose to rise above normal ranges, the definition of diabetes. Sure seems like eating less carbs would be a simple way to improve it!!

After dozens and dozens of examples, on carbs, fats, fat types, etc., I have come to the conclusion that "settled science" is a euphemism for "this guy won an argument", and his opinion is XXXXXXXX. Nothing more. And he probably won the argument because he had more money and corporations supporting his position. You have to read the studies and interpret them for yourself. Or have a doctor, trainer or nutritionist you can really, really trust.

This has just cemented my position on covid and the vaccine. I have seen way to many studies, from around the world, that say early treatment is key to success with covid. Treatment with a variety of drugs. As shown on here, there are several cases where vaccinated folks who catch it are out numbering the unvaccinated.

My position is that if you want to smoke, go ahead. It is crystal clear, to me, that smoking will kill you, eventually. If you don't smoke, good for you, I agree, but you are going to die too, we don't know when, but we think you will live longer than if you smoked. If you want to take the vaccine, or not, go ahead, make your choice. Its your choice. Not "settled science".

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I try to understand what I read but sometimes just can't comprehend the math, for instance in Rising COVID-19 numbers returning to pre-vaccine levels in Minnesota

It says for late last year: "record 1,864 hospitalizations on Nov. 29"
Then for now: "COVID-19 hospitalizations in Minnesota reached 960 on Monday"
Followed by: "combines with patients with trauma and other illnesses to fill up 96% of available intensive care beds and 93% of non-ICU beds."

Half as many covid hospitalizations as last year, yet the hospitals are running at over 90% capacity :idk:

What to conclude???
1. Covid hospitalizations have a minor impact on hospital capacity?
2. There's been a huge cut in hospital capacity?
3. Another propaganda piece based on obviously flawed data?
4. I just can't do common core math?
5. ????

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Hospitals main job is to make MONEY just like any other business. They do not make MONEY when there are empty beds. If the government is paying, you will be in the hospital. If your insurance is paying you are out of the hospital because the insurance job is to make MONEY.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Recently I have been focusing much more on my health. While not a self created health disaster, I have a slew of complications which significantly impact my health. These things make any solution to the viri less likely, I was told the vaccine, for me, would be "at best 50% effective". This is because of a comprised immune system. Also, the wonder horse paste is off my list because of some of my issues. So I started looking at how to improve my health, lose a few pounds, and eat healthier. I always liked steak and potatoes, and never liked vegetables, so this is a BIG change for me. Especially given the diet information I learned over the past several decades. :eek:

As I started really looking into this, I discovered that most of the "settled science" on diet we have been fed since 1977, when the FDA first published Dietary Guidelines, was wrong.
Just.
Plain.
Dead.
Wrong.

The American Heart Association, for example, no longer claims cholesterol is bad for you and instead says "Cholesterol is not a nutrient of concern for over consumption." But, if you go to your doctor, they likely will still tell you to stay away from eggs because of cholesterol. The American Diabetes Association still does not push a lower carb diet. Lets be clear - carbs cause your blood glucose to rise above normal ranges, the definition of diabetes. Sure seems like eating less carbs would be a simple way to improve it!!

After dozens and dozens of examples, on carbs, fats, fat types, etc., I have come to the conclusion that "settled science" is a euphemism for "this guy won an argument", and his opinion is XXXXXXXX. Nothing more. And he probably won the argument because he had more money and corporations supporting his position. You have to read the studies and interpret them for yourself. Or have a doctor, trainer or nutritionist you can really, really trust.

This has just cemented my position on covid and the vaccine. I have seen way to many studies, from around the world, that say early treatment is key to success with covid. Treatment with a variety of drugs. As shown on here, there are several cases where vaccinated folks who catch it are out numbering the unvaccinated.

My position is that if you want to smoke, go ahead. It is crystal clear, to me, that smoking will kill you, eventually. If you don't smoke, good for you, I agree, but you are going to die too, we don't know when, but we think you will live longer than if you smoked. If you want to take the vaccine, or not, go ahead, make your choice. Its your choice. Not "settled science".
I agree with you. I am battling insulin resistance with a low carb diet and exercise. I battled depression for years, I started reading about what a crock of shit the fat and cholesterol info was so I quit the Lipitor my doctor insisted I take and magically my depression disappeared. I know statins have a lot of side effects that doctors will deny and depression is not one of the more common side effects but is was for me. So, I too am skeptical about the medical industry in general (there are some really good doctors out there) and highly skeptical of big pharma. I would think a huge number of people are skeptical of big pharma after this covid mess. Big pharma may be saving a lot of lives with their medicine but there some slimy bastards in that industry.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I try to understand what I read but sometimes just can't comprehend the math, for instance in Rising COVID-19 numbers returning to pre-vaccine levels in Minnesota

It says for late last year: "record 1,864 hospitalizations on Nov. 29"
Then for now: "COVID-19 hospitalizations in Minnesota reached 960 on Monday"
Followed by: "combines with patients with trauma and other illnesses to fill up 96% of available intensive care beds and 93% of non-ICU beds."

Half as many covid hospitalizations as last year, yet the hospitals are running at over 90% capacity :idk:

What to conclude???
1. Covid hospitalizations have a minor impact on hospital capacity?
2. There's been a huge cut in hospital capacity?
3. Another propaganda piece based on obviously flawed data?
4. I just can't do common core math?
5. ????
From what I read those high numbers of patients are pretty normal during flu season, of course with covid the "recorded" flu cases are miniscule.