PTZ1A225U-IRA-N 2MP 25x Starlight

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
"I'm also toying with the idea of just attaching it to the top of a mast, like GuitarKin's one is in his nice little snow demo vid."

I just looked at that video again. Certainly another way to mount his camera. Might work quite well in your situation.

CrusaderNZ

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had looked at it as an option last year for a bigger heavier PTZ. I ran it past an engineer at the time, and they said it would be fine with some guy-wires to stabilize it, as it still isn't that heavy.

I found a local company online today that makes all the hardware needed - they even make flexible mast bases that can attach over the top of the ridge of your roof, which I've not seen before. So I'll go in to one of their distributors this week to work out exactly what I'd need if I decide to go this route.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
There is a camera in the front of the house I would like to replace. I'm seriously thinking of buying another one of these as the first one has worked out quite well for me.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Okay, I just placed another order with Andy for this camera. This one will go in the front of the house and I will post pictures of the installation.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine arrived yesterday thanks to @EMPIRETECANDY :)

I've currently got it soak testing and everything seems to work fine, but there's a chirping noise every other second coming from the camera.

I'm currently powering via the included adaptor, and I've bought a D-Link POE+ switch to try tomorrow to see if it still does it then.

Everything seems to be working fine, it's just strange that it's making this noise in addition to the fan noise. It sounds like some sort of alarm.

Is it something any of you have noticed?

Reaction score
Mine arrived yesterday thanks to @EMPIRETECANDY :)

I've currently got it soak testing and everything seems to work fine, but there's a chirping noise every other second coming from the camera.

I'm currently powering via the included adaptor, and I've bought a D-Link POE+ switch to try tomorrow to see if it still does it then.

Everything seems to be working fine, it's just strange that it's making this noise in addition to the fan noise. It sounds like some sort of alarm.

Is it something any of you have noticed?
Mine doesn't produce any noise, except when doing PT functions, which is normal. I don't know of any internal alarms in this camera. I don't see that as possible due to where these usually get mounted in an outside environment. It just would not be useful. Have you checked the Log file in the camera?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine doesn't produce any noise, except when doing PT functions, which is normal. I don't know of any internal alarms in this camera. I don't see that as possible due to where these usually get mounted in an outside environment. It just would not be useful. Have you checked the Log file in the camera?
There was nothing at all and everything seemed fine - just the noise in the video.

Saying that I appear to have actually fixed it the most bizarre way.

As I say it's powered using the included power brick - I just unplugged the ethernet cable to see if that changed the noise (which it didn't) and then after removing and reconnecting the power cable I realised it was making a different tone of noise.

I rotated the power around and it changed frequency and then eventually stopped and now it's running but just with the fan noise which is much quieter.

I'm guessing it must be some sort of connection issue when using the brick, which should go away when I use POE+ - very strange though and something to bear in mind for if anyone gets similar in the future when using the AC adaptor :)

Reaction score
There was nothing at all and everything seemed fine - just the noise in the video.

As I say it's powered using the included power brick - I just unplugged the ethernet cable to see if that changed the noise (which it didn't) and then after removing and reconnecting the power cable I realised it was making a different tone of noise.

I rotated the power around and it changed frequency and then eventually stopped and now it's running but just with the fan noise which is much quieter.

I'm guessing it must be some sort of connection issue when using the brick, which should go away when I use POE+ - very strange though and something to bear in mind for if anyone gets similar in the future when using the AC adaptor :)
Sounds to me like the power brick is not producing 'clean' power to the output, and the camera may not like that. If a different power brick were used, it may not produce the noise. Unfortunately, the power brick is 4 amp rated, so not many people have a spare hanging around.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think the power brick is ok this time but it's the physical connection - if it was the power brick it would always make the noise.

Glad I won't be using that for too long though :)

My memory cards have arrived for this camera and the new 5231 that came as well to replace the 4421 outside :)

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

You could try putting a ferrite choke on the power cable close to the camera.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I used the power supply that came with the unit on the bench without problems. However I used a Trendnet POE power injector when I mounted the camera on the house. Everything is working just fine.

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
@Parley can you give us the Trendnet POE power injector reference and where did you baught it ?
Thanks

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
I just receive mine today
I display the temperature but i'm worried because i see 43°C (110°F)
The cam is at home for the moment, is the temperature ok ?