SD49225T-HN frequent restarts

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for someone who has a issue to properly bench test the camera to eliminate any network or power issues. It is more practical to start at the beginning. I know it is a pain in the ass, but it's really the only way to prove it is indeed the camera fault. Just like a computer that is crashing....you can spend hours trouble shooting or just wipe it and fresh install, you will know in 15 minutes if it indeed was a hardware issue.

Nevvyn

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for someone who has a issue to properly bench test the camera to eliminate any network or power issues. It is more practical to start at the beginning. I know it is a pain in the ass, but it's really the only way to prove it is indeed the camera fault. Just like a computer that is crashing....you can spend hours trouble shooting or just wipe it and fresh install, you will know in 15 minutes if it indeed was a hardware issue.
Did that in post #121..

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone has the following System and PTZ firmware files I would greatly appreciate your posting them
The attached archive (previously posted by @bp2008 to another topic I believe) has been scanned with Eset NOD32 for your safety and contains the following files...
  • DH_SD-Mao-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.622.0000000.7.R.180404.bin
  • General_SD49XXXS-HN_MainAPP_Sony_PTZ_V3.02.93.R.170518.bin
  • list SD-Mao-Rhea.txt
HTH!
Thumbsmiley20.gif
Edit: Not certain this is the precise firmware you're looking for

Attachments

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For those of you having issues with this camera:
Has anyone measured the camera's power consumption when it's acting up?
A Managed PoE switch or Midspan or just a simple 802.3at injector plugged into a kill-a-watt would all work to measure power.

Is there any software control of the heater? Has anyone tried unplugging the heater?

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The attached archive (previously posted by @bp2008 to another topic I believe) has been scanned with Eset NOD32 for your safety and contains the following files...
  • DH_SD-Mao-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.622.0000000.7.R.180404.bin
  • General_SD49XXXS-HN_MainAPP_Sony_PTZ_V3.02.93.R.170518.bin
  • list SD-Mao-Rhea.txt
HTH!
Edit: Not certain this is the precise firmware you're looking for
That is right. Those are the files which made mine stable.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is right. Those are the files which made mine stable.
If I read the thread correctly, that firmware didn't fix your camera @Q™. Is that right?
Did you try a reset by holding the reset button after upgrading?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If I read the thread correctly, that firmware didn't fix your camera @Q™. Is that right?
That is correct...it did not correct the issues my SD49225T-HN is exhibiting...but I will apply that firmware again to double check.
Did you try a reset by holding the reset button after upgrading?
Thanks...I did not; where is the reset button located @tangent?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is correct...it did not correct the issues my SD49225T-HN is exhibiting...but I will apply that firmware again to double check.

Thanks...I did not; where is the reset button located @tangent?
Inside the camera :idk:
As you know the typical reset procedures are ResetIPCamera - Dahua Wiki but this doesn't document what's inside a PTZ.

The reset button can be seen in the pictures here: Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)
Hold the button for 30-60 seconds while you connect power.
SD49225T-HN - Reboot cycle/crash?
Search Results for Query: reset | IP Cam Talk[thread]=16014

Anytime you've having erratic behavior before or after a software update a full reset is a good idea.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Boo...that what I figured. I'll try that when I take it down to re-cable it. Thanks bro. View attachment 37561
It may not be quite as effective, but you can reset it from the web interface. I'm speculating that the actual reset button may be able to trigger a slightly lower level reset.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you @tangent. However, I am a IP camera enthusiast, not a IPC technician. This is something Dahua should be doing, along with issuing a recall and offering free replacement. smiley35.gif

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
In another thread someone asked about how often you have to reset a camera. Very rarely for me but this is one camera that it would happen to me every now and then and I even used a power injector to make sure the camera was getting enough power. I have since replaced the camera with an "upgrade" and I have not had a problem with the new camera. It has been steady as a rock.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you @tangent. However, I am a IP camera enthusiast, not a technician. This is something Dahua should be doing, along with issuing a recall and offering free replacement. View attachment 37569
I'm not a 'technician' either, I'm afraid it's worse...

I do understand your sentiment and frustration and agree this is the sort of thing you'd hope a warranty would cover.
I think on some level trying to solve problems yourself is part of the bargain you make if you don't buy from a north american distributor.