Smokin Deal on Hikvision DS-2cd2335-i 3MP - Mar 29th for $69.97 from a trusted vendor

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Re: Smokin Deal on Hikvision DS-2cd2335-i 3MP - Mar 29th for $69.97 from a trusted ve

Same versions as mine, did yours have some Chinese writting under the Hikvision logo on camera cover/base as well?
Yes they did. Took a picture of the text with Google Translate and it says it means Hikvision.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Smokin Deal on Hikvision DS-2cd2335-i 3MP - Mar 29th for $69.97 from a trusted ve

Yes they did. Took a picture of the text with Google Translate and it says it means Hikvision.
Please post pics of your settings at for night if you have them dialed in nicely as I am still playing a bit with mine as far as noise, saturation and WDR etc.

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Hi Guys. Received today but have no idea how to activate?!

tone363

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

For the ones using an NVR with these cams just curious as to what you are running. Looking to pick up one as I can see me ordering more. Thanks

Warsaws

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Looks like the ones I ordered are lost in shipping. Tracking still just shows them in China for over two weeks now.

SpeedyDave

n3wb
Reaction score

Hi Guys, just wondering if you guys are preferencing the DS-2cd2335-i (3MP) over the DS-scd3145F-1 (4MP) ?? and why ???
Cant seem to find much info on the 4MP dome cameras ???

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Hi Guys, just wondering if you guys are preferencing the DS-2cd2335-i (3MP) over the DS-scd3145F-1 (4MP) ?? and why ???
Cant seem to find much info on the 4MP dome cameras ???
I would not buy any domes just turrets from now on. The ability to adjust and install is way better on 2335 than 3145. I went with 3 mp as I read here that it was better at night but, I only have 4 of them and no 4mp so cant compare for you. I do have several domes in the series from Hik and use them indoors only as they do appear nicer inside for the residential look and no spiders inside as well. The IR compared to XIR on turrets better for spiders as well. I also find I run cameras at 1080p not full res so the 4mp would not mean much until I get NVR or update my pc and BI for about same cost. I run lower as the BI for my system cant handle running everything at max. I think I am going with a NVR as my high end gaming system cannot run Blue Iris effectively (50%)even low settings so I am interested in running all out on a Hik NVR 77 series. Plus the IVMS4500 is a awesome android viewer that streams video better than my PC watching Blue Iris plugged directly in ( admit though my system is BI 3 and xp so I will upgrade soon and try) Not convinced a third party developer running on software that uses CPU only is better than a multi billion dollar company NVR although I enjoyed BI over the years. It is still great for adding just about any camera if that is your set up and is flexible but, really when your looking at guys opening your car doors and some deer and cats what do you need and how much time tinkering with it ? Just to add Tiny cam pro compared to the free IVMS4500 is night and day on my Samsung 6. With IVMS4500 its like I'm in the scene instead of slow low res on tinycam pro(again if your a Hikvision only camera set up I vote stick with the whole system.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

I would not buy any domes just turrets from now on. The ability to adjust and install is way better on 2335 than 3145. I went with 3 mp as I read here that it was better at night but, I only have 4 of them and no 4mp so cant compare for you. I do have several domes in the series from Hik and use them indoors only as they do appear nicer inside for the residential look and no spiders inside as well. The IR compared to XIR on turrets better for spiders as well. I also find I run cameras at 1080p not full res so the 4mp would not mean much until I get NVR or update my pc and BI for about same cost. I run lower as the BI for my system cant handle running everything at max. I think I am going with a NVR as my high end gaming system cannot run Blue Iris effectively (50%)even low settings so I am interested in running all out on a Hik NVR 77 series. Plus the IVMS4500 is a awesome android viewer that streams video better than my PC watching Blue Iris plugged directly in ( admit though my system is BI 3 and xp so I will upgrade soon and try) Not convinced a third party developer running on software that uses CPU only is better than a multi billion dollar company NVR although I enjoyed BI over the years. It is still great for adding just about any camera if that is your set up and is flexible but, really when your looking at guys opening your car doors and some deer and cats what do you need and how much time tinkering with it ? Just to add Tiny cam pro compared to the free IVMS4500 is night and day on my Samsung 6. With IVMS4500 its like I'm in the scene instead of slow low res on tinycam pro(again if your a Hikvision only camera set up I vote stick with the whole system.
As someone who has used BI and MANY NVR's, I can assure you that its is superior to an NVR in every way except power consumption. That multi billion dollar company you talk about still hasnt figured out how to allow end users to set the NVR to continuously record AND allow them to see motion events via the web interface or mobile app. The mobile app itself is a complete joke compared to blue iris. Its is almost impossible efficiently review video using ivms4500. Since you never used the blue iris mobile app, maybe you should try it to compare. Of course to benefit from blue iris you need decent hardware which you are not using. A 300 dollar i5-4590 pc would make a world of a difference. Blue iris takes no more tinkering than an NVR unless you want to use advanced options, which you are not required to do.

Plasman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Thanks to these excellent forums, I now have four of the 2335 cameras (two 2.8mm, a 4mm and a 8mm) and have set them up in BI. They look great mounted under my eaves where my old analog camera domes were. Image quality is super.

I am now moving on to set up cameras in the barn. My wife wants 4 views. Cobwebs are an issue in the barn. Can I please get opinions on suggested cameras? I could get 4 more of the 2335's and their wall mount DS-1273ZJ-130-TRL, but the wall mounts are more than half the price of the camera. Would bullet cameras with 2MP and good IR do the job? Suggested Hik models?

Thanks, Howard

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Thanks to these excellent forums, I now have four of the 2335 cameras (two 2.8mm, a 4mm and a 8mm) and have set them up in BI. They look great mounted under my eaves where my old analog camera domes were. Image quality is super.

I am now moving on to set up cameras in the barn. My wife wants 4 views. Cobwebs are an issue in the barn. Can I please get opinions on suggested cameras? I could get 4 more of the 2335's and their wall mount DS-1273ZJ-130-TRL, but the wall mounts are more than half the price of the camera. Would bullet cameras with 2MP and good IR do the job? Suggested Hik models?

Thanks, Howard
Why do you need the wall mounts ? I assume because the wires ( wish those cameras had a small channel to allow wire to come out the bottom like the domes do and allow to leave flush) how about making one from wood or go to home depot and find something close and drill out some holes on a electrical box. I made one on my chimney using wood just a L shaped 2x6 or a 1x6 and works great. If you want fancy get a router and a jigsaw and you can make it look really nice. You can also just screw it to wall with longer screws just don't pinch wires too tight and leave a little slack for moving the turret around. The turrets are so easy to adjust as you now know they will compensate for the plate not being tight to wall. Obviously depends on how you wish to have it appear. I would also suggest just running one wire to the house and leave a 4 slot poe switch in the barn less wires to run if you had not already gone that route. I would just stick with the 2335 myself in 2.8 or the 4mm as you now know what will work best as inside that IR will bounce everywhere and light it up very nice(naturally depends on how high off ground your putting them) I am glad you are happy with your purchases can I ask did you get the 8mm off the supplier in my original post on this deal ? You may also look in the forum as settings on these is a little different than how the hik domes are set up at night.

h_2_o

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I would not buy any domes just turrets from now on. The ability to adjust and install is way better on 2335 than 3145.
quick question on your previous statement here. can you expand on this a little bit as I am a bit confused on why once set one would be more difficult to do over the other except for removing the cover on the dome. is there a quality difference? ir? or is it just the ease of being able to grab it and spin it around?

thanks

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

The IR on this camera is superior, no finger prints or ghosting effects if rubber isn't perfect tight to glass, don't have to drop three screws down to move it and worry about a piece of lint inside the glass etc etc. No spider webs and they are multiple axis so you can move it anyway you want and install flush on a wall ( just need a hole in wall for teh chubby cat5 head and cover) as many domes are two axis and can only hang off a soffit or ceiling without a bracket for a wall mount. I am sure many will chime in on both so wait for more comments. I do use three domes inside but, I would not go back after using a turret plus they just look really cool (more 2016 than 1986) and most people have no idea what it is but a dome they know is a camera just to name a few points.

Plasman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Why do you need the wall mounts ? I assume because the wires ( wish those cameras had a small channel to allow wire to come out the bottom like the domes do and allow to leave flush) how about making one from wood or go to home depot and find something close and drill out some holes on a electrical box. I made one on my chimney using wood just a L shaped 2x6 or a 1x6 and works great. If you want fancy get a router and a jigsaw and you can make it look really nice. You can also just screw it to wall with longer screws just don't pinch wires too tight and leave a little slack for moving the turret around. The turrets are so easy to adjust as you now know they will compensate for the plate not being tight to wall. Obviously depends on how you wish to have it appear. I would also suggest just running one wire to the house and leave a 4 slot poe switch in the barn less wires to run if you had not already gone that route. I would just stick with the 2335 myself in 2.8 or the 4mm as you now know what will work best as inside that IR will bounce everywhere and light it up very nice(naturally depends on how high off ground your putting them) I am glad you are happy with your purchases can I ask did you get the 8mm off the supplier in my original post on this deal ? You may also look in the forum as settings on these is a little different than how the hik domes are set up at night.
I like your idea of a wood block. The siding at the top of the barn is a corrugated metal design so getting a flat mounting surface would solve my issue.

I did purchase all 4 cameras from XinRay- I believe Vivi was the rep for my first order then Mike Guo for my second. Mike had 8mm but they were out of stock on the 4mm by the time I placed my second order.

So I am having one issue with IR. If I set the Day/Night IR to Auto in the Internet Explorer firmware utility and then use the BI user interface to turn IR on and off with the light bulb icon, it seems to overwrite the firmware and place the camera back in 24 hour DAY mode. Am I doing something wrong? See attached before and after images

Screenshot 2016-04-26 20.44.57.pngScreenshot 2016-04-26 20.51.18.png

h_2_o

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

they do appear to be more prone to be able to be tampered with, would that be a correct assumption?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

they do appear to be more prone to be able to be tampered with, would that be a correct assumption?
Anyone who can get close enough to any camera to touch it can disable it...the turret is a superior design...

h_2_o

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

how does the plastic build quality hold up against really cold weather? I might want a couple on my house but during the winter it is not uncommon to have a month long under freezing and weeks that are highs around 10 degrees F.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

So warm for you I'm under -30 c average so I would say no issue.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

The siding at the top of the barn is a corrugated metal design so getting a flat mounting surface would solve my issue.
A not too expensive mounting option that might work on corrugated metal might be the AI Fittings 8161BR
http://www.aifittings.com/catalog/security/security-camera-mounting-boxes/8161BR

Looks like it can be had off of Amazon with prime shipping for ~ $26.

The instructional video on the above web page gives an idea of how the mount works. Specs on the wall mount version shows that the diameter of the center recessed section is 3.937" and is 1.2" deep, so a DS-2CD2335-I ought to mount to it without needing their cam kit.

Reaction score

just got my 2 i ordered.. tested 1 so far.. very impressed so far..