SRICAM only works while connected to network.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You must find the wifi settings in the camera, otherwise you are simply wasting your time...it is really as simple as that..the CAMERA interface MUST have a wifi settings page where you can enter the SSID of your router and your routers wireless password...Without that the is NO way your camera can work wireless...its there you just need to find it..
The port being 81 or 8081 is of zero consequence...

sharr4022

n3wb
Reaction score
I still cannot get it to work on WIFI.:mad-new: I took a day away from this just to get a break. I still would like to try, to do a Team viewer with you for help with this. Maybe tomorrow after I finish work when you have the time. I brought 3 of this cameras for outside of my house. Thank you

Thats not the right one, click on the other one...(there is no way a vga 0.3mp camera has good shots unless you are right in front of it..)...
It would save alot of time if you would do a team viewer session..

thomasb

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm sure I entered the ssid and password correctly....anyone figure this out? The yellow button on back stops blinking about 10-15 seconds after I unplug the ethernet and then it stops working.

You must find the wifi settings in the camera, otherwise you are simply wasting your time...it is really as simple as that..the CAMERA interface MUST have a wifi settings page where you can enter the SSID of your router and your routers wireless password...Without that the is NO way your camera can work wireless...its there you just need to find it..
The port being 81 or 8081 is of zero consequence...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I was able to login remotely via teamviewer for sharr4022 and it was a password issue. Passwords are case sensitive and hers was all caps...
if you want to do a teamviewer session i can help you.

thomasb

n3wb
Reaction score
thank you. The password on my modem clearly shows lowercase but i tried uppercase just in case.

thomasb

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd be grateful for a teamviewer help. I will install, have joinme and gotomeeting but not that one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
when you do send me a private message with the ID and password..

thomasb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Fenderman, thanks so much for your help last week. Of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone and have a new problem. I got a second cam ( i know, I'm cheap), and can't get them both working on wifi. There is a multi cam setting but I obviously didn't input it correctly. You were a great help last time and I'd be glad to make a donation if you have a paypal. Also, I thought it would be cool if you kind of explain what you did for me on the forum, in case other people are having the same problem, this forum comes up when you google sricam.

thomasb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Fenderman I got it figured out.... I had it on h264 instead of jpeg....thanks again!! For anyone who is having the problem with not being able to set up your wifi, you have to manually change the IP in P2PIDfinder, from fixed to dynamic, AFTER the wifi is already installed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW, after you get an ip address for the cam, set it back to static or fixed...that way it wont change after a power cycle..unless you set a dhcp reservation, but if i recall you dont have access to your router...Also, there is never a charge for assistance here :)

impellbm

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I was able to login remotely via teamviewer for sharr4022 and it was a password issue. Passwords are case sensitive and hers was all caps...
if you want to do a teamviewer session i can help you.
Any chance to could post a video about this sricam? The very next person after this message said the yellow light goes out mine is going the same. Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any chance to could post a video about this sricam? The very next person after this message said the yellow light goes out mine is going the same. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum. I dont have this camera, so I cant post a video. What is the exact problem you are having?
Have you entered the correct SSID and passoword?

sarge129

n3wb
Reaction score
If it's to far for cat-5 it's to far for wifi. To Check this out dismount the camera keep it powered and walk it back towards the wifi router. Checking for a signal as you get closer. Had the same problem with sircam ap005. Dosn't cover more than 12 feet give or take.

lmrudner

n3wb
Reaction score
I was having a hard time as well. Then I realized that the default authentication protocol is WPA2-PSK Personal (TKIP) which my router, and I suspect many others, does not support. If you can't get wifi to be seen on your network, try changing the authentication protocol.:)

zambone

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m having the green light blink and the yellow light solid when plugging into way of cat 5 cable to router.
Put on I phone just did a scan on the camera and IP came up, still camera says off line?
Have not tried to log onto camera like I do to my router.
Will that work by trying to log onto the camera by way of the cameras IP address?
Thanks for any and all help.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m having the green light blink and the yellow light solid when plugging into way of cat 5 cable to router.
Put on I phone just did a scan on the camera and IP came up, still camera says off line?
Have not tried to log onto camera like I do to my router.
Will that work by trying to log onto the camera by way of the cameras IP address?
Thanks for any and all help.
You need to find the ip address of the camera - either with the software provided by the manufacturer or with some like advanced ip scanner
http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/

DANSS

n3wb
Reaction score
Many, Many thanks to Fenderman for setting up my Sricam for iphone and computer. Without his help it would be in the trash!! He and this site ROCKS!!!!