[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For those that are using PTZ cameras in your set up with BI/ AI-Tool / deepstack, I am curious if it works for detection and what you have done set up wise.
All my cameras are PTZ and they work just the same as non PTZ.
PTZ simply means you have more control over them one way or another.
It stands for Pan, Tilt, Zoom but it does not mean that your cameras necessarily support all functions.

Last edited:

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All my cameras are PTZ and they work just the same as non PTZ.

PTZ simply means you have more control over them one way or another.
Yes that is correct, I should have posed my question better. Assuming you have them set up to auto scan, or maybe only during night you have them move between presets, etc. do you have any issues with detection, how do you handle missed/false detections because of the movement, etc. Also did you (or anyone) do anything different with your triggers or set in BI to adjust for issues caused because of movement vs. a static camera?

Ripper99

n3wb
Reaction score
@Ripper99
Sorry, I have found your post confusing. You keep referring to the rtsp address. What is the ip address for each of your camera's? Needless to say you cannot use the same ip address for the cameras unless they are cloned.
I've shown this in my post?

Camera Office = 192.168.1.120:7447/JJnG64KrxTHEzSCP

Camera Theatre= 192.168.1.120:7447/MMtG64LryuKKzTTY

I'm very aware cameras cannot use the same address and thats why I mentioned this is a Unifi Protect system where it uses just that however the RTSP url is unique as shown in my example, also a camera may not be able to use the same IP however if you refer to the IP's I provide you can see the Ubiquiti system does just this and gives a unique URL for each camera that is connected to its CloudKey/Protect NVR

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes that is correct, I should have posed my question better. Assuming you have them set up to auto scan, or maybe only during night you have them move between presets, etc. do you have any issues with detection, how do you handle missed/false detections because of the movement, etc. Also did you (or anyone) do anything different with your triggers or set in BI to adjust for issues caused because of movement vs. a static camera?
I suspect that you are referring to what is sometimes called Patrol mode.
BI has no way to know when the camera will move and will trigger as the lens moves. I guess aitool will simply do it's best to capture the events you are looking for.

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've shown this in my post?

Camera Office = 192.168.1.120:7447/JJnG64KrxTHEzSCP

Camera Theatre= 192.168.1.120:7447/MMtG64LryuKKzTTY

I'm very aware cameras cannot use the same address and thats why I mentioned this is a Unifi Protect system where it uses just that however the RTSP url is unique as shown in my example, also a camera may not be able to use the same IP however if you refer to the IP's I provide you can see the Ubiquiti system does just this and gives a unique URL for each camera that is connected to its CloudKey/Protect NVR
Your question appears to be related specifically to Ubiquiti so I clearly missundstood what you are asking and to be honest still don't understand.

Last edited:

Ripper99

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem is Unifi Protect. It causes the keyframe rate to be too low. Ideally it should be 1.00 as shown below:.....
I'll check this out and have no problem editing via SSH and have the same cloudkey, thanks for the info and help! Appreciated! It sucks the file needs to be updated each time but at least I have something to start with now.

Ripper99

n3wb
Reaction score
Your camera's show identical IP addresses.
Yes thats correct however as mentioned they are using unique RTSP urls and THAT is where the stream is sourced, many NVR's work the same way and I think you're missing that this actually works and the problem has to do with keyframes as another member has mentioned and nothing at all to do with the same IP on cameras as I've already shown, its the RTSP url that makes them unique and they still work in Blue Iris using this method.

If both cameras have the EXACT same IP and nothing after the port number then of course you have a clone of a camera, its using the same IP however what I am posting is actually a URL and forgive me for not adding rtsp:/ to the beginning of it but the forward slash further to the right in both the examples I show sort of make it clear this is the URL for the camera that makes it unique.

Here's further clarification if you are not sure of the difference between an IP and an rtsp URL, after port "7447" you can clearly see different characters which makes these unique rtsp urls where the stream is fed from for each camera, IP has nothing to do with this at all and you could have 50 rtsp urls all different and can still use them in BI even if the IP address and port is the same in every camera, its the characters after the forward slash that make each rtsp stream unique and NOT a clone.

Camera Office = rtsp:/192.168.1.120:7447/JJnG64KrxTHEzSCP

Camera Theatre= rtsp:/192.168.1.120:7447/MMtG64LryuKKzTTY

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes thats correct however as mentioned they are using unique RTSP urls and THAT is where the stream is sourced, many NVR's work the same way and I think you're missing that this actually works and the problem has to do with keyframes as another member has mentioned and nothing at all to do with the same IP on cameras as I've already shown, its the RTSP url that makes them unique and they still work in Blue Iris using this method.

If both cameras have the EXACT same IP and nothing after the port number then of course you have a clone of a camera, its using the same IP however what I am posting is actually a URL and forgive me for not adding rtsp:/ to the beginning of it but the forward slash further to the right in both the examples I show sort of make it clear this is the URL for the camera that makes it unique.

Here's further clarification if you are not sure of the difference between an IP and an rtsp URL, after port "7447" you can clearly see different characters which makes these unique rtsp urls where the stream is fed from for each camera, IP has nothing to do with this at all and you could have 50 rtsp urls all different and can still use them in BI even if the IP address and port is the same in every camera, its the characters after the forward slash that make each rtsp stream unique and NOT a clone.

Camera Office = rtsp:/192.168.1.120:7447/JJnG64KrxTHEzSCP

Camera Theatre= rtsp:/192.168.1.120:7447/MMtG64LryuKKzTTY
Now I understand :cool: :thumb:
Thanks for the education!

Ripper99

n3wb
Reaction score
Now I understand :cool: :thumb:
Thanks for the education!
No problem, I know it seems confusing but basically the NVR has multiple RTSP streams and every camera when you go into options will offer you three RTSP urls to use for High,Medium,Low and then in my case I just needed the low quality streams and they can all be added in BI when you choose RTSP from the drop down.

All these streams work no problem in BI however the keyframe rate from the Ubiquiti Protect which is basically a NVR is too low and this is why I'm having the problems I mentioned in my post, I thought I was clear in mentioning they were Ubiquiti cameras and this was a specific to these cameras with Deepstack. I'll see if I can edit things via SSH as the other poster mentioned and get things working ;-)

Attachments

JL-F1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1608571648323.png

seems like the GPU goes to sleep , every new image after no new for a few min takes much longer, ~400ms. I cannot see any low power/sleep setting for the GPU, win10?

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No problem, I know it seems confusing but basically the NVR has multiple RTSP streams and every camera when you go into options will offer you three RTSP urls to use for High,Medium,Low and then in my case I just needed the low quality streams and they can all be added in BI when you choose RTSP from the drop down.

All these streams work no problem in BI however the keyframe rate from the Ubiquiti Protect which is basically a NVR is too low and this is why I'm having the problems I mentioned in my post, I thought I was clear in mentioning they were Ubiquiti cameras and this was a specific to these cameras with Deepstack. I'll see if I can edit things via SSH as the other poster mentioned and get things working ;-)
A picture is worth a thousand words!
I will stick to using Ubiquity for my access points and Hikvision for the camera's ;)

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think i noticed that their are some new features in BI for PTZ cameras but I haven't tried any of them.

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think i noticed that their are some new features in BI for PTZ cameras but I haven't tried any of them.
You are right, I saw something the last time I updated, like you I have not really looked at them-Since I "love" my cheap cameras any update probably won't help me- they seem to be more useful for you rich guys who buy quality. LOL. I just updated from 2 EZVIZ PTZ's to a couple from Reolink. Both manufacturers cameras work in BI but with EZVIZ I could only operate the PTZ in their app with the Reolink's it all seems to work inside of BI and I can use the presets so it auto jumps from spot to spot as I want. ERGO my question about set up, I am not having big issues but with the movement I am getting more false alerts, and some other minor issues. I need to go into BI and play around / read the manual and tweak some setting I suppose.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I only use cheap Chinese PTZ cameras but they have been brilliant. I've had the odd problem that I've sorted but now I know them pretty well it's not a problem.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Using Deepstack GPU with CPU Deepstack in the background and a Jetsun.

1608583147565.png

kalakasan

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got this working on seven using the latest Blue Iris Stable release, but I'm having no luck getting telegram to work. Frankly, the whole bot thing is brand new to me, so I've struggled to get my first bot created. I have the bot api, and through several methods, including the url one, have nailed down the chat ID. I'm pretty sure I've entered these correctly in AI Tools settings, and checked the ""Send alert images to Telegram" box. Hitting the test button creates an image from the last camera event, but I'm not sure that's being sent to Telegram also?

I have Telegram installed on the Blue Iris machine and my Iphone. I'm really happy with AI Tools, but can't really see it being of use without working notifications...

Any suggestions? Thanks!

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got this working on seven using the latest Blue Iris Stable release, but I'm having no luck getting telegram to work. Frankly, the whole bot thing is brand new to me, so I've struggled to get my first bot created. I have the bot api, and through several methods, including the url one, have nailed down the chat ID. I'm pretty sure I've entered these correctly in AI Tools settings, and checked the ""Send alert images to Telegram" box. Hitting the test button creates an image from the last camera event, but I'm not sure that's being sent to Telegram also?

I have Telegram installed on the Blue Iris machine and my Iphone. I'm really happy with AI Tools, but can't really see it being of use without working notifications...

Any suggestions? Thanks!
When you put your telegram info in the settings tab in AI-tool (telegram token and Chat ID) and you click the save button what message if any are you getting?