What is the de-bricking process for HIKVision camera and NVR firmware updates?

mohicanos

n3wb
Reaction score
spricht hier jemand deutsch?
ich versuche es auf englisch

i have a china hikvision cam 2cd2032 F-IW, on sticker is v5.3.0 150513 but in Cam was 5.2.5 so i upgradet to 5.3.0 from http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/V5.3.0 build 150814(new)/
but its not working now. I try de-brick the Camera with TFTP but i receive not succes the job stay on Completed filte ...transmit, nothing else. I try meny digicap.dav versions here from forum - 525.zip, 530 dwnograder but ohne success the job stay on Completed filte ...transmit, nothing else. I try mtd hack too but when i by firmware update not succes receive so can not connect per telent, so can you help me
or ist the cam for trash now?

Last edited by a moderator:

vladaeca

n3wb
Reaction score
spricht hier jemand deutsch?
ich versuche es auf englisch

i have a china hikvision cam 2cd2032 F-IW, on sticker is v5.3.0 150513 but in Cam was 5.2.5 so i upgradet to 5.3.0 from http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/V5.3.0 build 150814(new)/
but its not working now. I try de-brick the Camera with TFTP but i receive not succes the job stay on Completed filte ...transmit, nothing else. I try meny digicap.dav versions here from forum - 525.zip, 530 dwnograder but ohne success the job stay on Completed filte ...transmit, nothing else. I try mtd hack too but when i by firmware update not succes receive so can not connect per telent, so can you help me
or ist the cam for trash now?
Hi I had the same situation. I useed the following guide and my camera now is working, but it's on chineese:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English

cctvnewbie

n3wb
Reaction score
I had an issue yesterday while trying to upgrade the firmware manually via the web portal of each of the cameras here, DS-2CD2032, unfortunatley whilst i was uploading the firmware on one camera my laptop restarted to install Windows 10 and I couldn't stop it! I quickly grabbed another but could not navigate to the camera and was hit with a HIKVision not found message.

I assume I have bricked the camera, although I will try resting the camera with the button first, if this fails do I need to carry out the SFTP tool mentioned in this thread to restore latest firmware? If so can someone point me in the right direction of the file as I cannot find it on the HIKVision page, or is the download from @whoslookingdropbox still good to use?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

cctvnewbie

n3wb
Reaction score
A copy of the Hikvision-specific tftp updater, and instructions, can be found inside the first linked download here: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English
You may be able to assess the status of the camera with SADP - eg is it just on a different IP address, has it reverted to the 'min-system' mode? Download here if you don't already have it: http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/tools_82.html

Thankfully the offending Camera was working today when I put the IP into my browser, firmware is on 5.3 and the password is a strong one :)

Just need to sort my other issue you are kindly helping me with now :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck with those.
But it sounds like you've had plenty of helpful suggestions.
Your friend will no doubt stand you a beer or 2!

ejb5oh

n3wb
Reaction score
Support for payment.

Dealin with bricked ds-cd2332 European model cameras hooked to my USA nvr. I tried to downgrade camera to 5.2.5 version fw but all I get to is "file transfer completed". It seems the camera then disconnects from TF server and fires up. Fw downgrade doesn't seem to take.

Ironic thing is all worked fine until I upgraded nvr.

If you can help me get these four cameras working again, I'll pay you 200 bucks via PayPal. Have spent two days and endless ideas trying so far.

-----------------------------------
UPDATE: I fixed it.

I finally figured it out, one last thing I tried. I went to http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/V5.3.0 build 150814(new)/ and grabbed the latest version of the firmware. There was an IP issue. I noticed this IP issue too when I was using SADP but because I could not access the cameras, I could not reconfigure. This latest FW reported to have fixed that issue.

I then TFT each camera, updated the FW to 5.3.0 150814 and BAM!! They are all working again.

Thanks, I really did learn a lot from this site to get this far.

scarr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

OK, I think I have bricked a camera, if you take a look at the picture below you can two cameras listed in SADP, these where identical cameras "DS-2CD2332-I" I did a FW update on one of the camera and I think I must had used the wrong file (yea, I know stop laughing) so now it looks like a totally difference camera. So first things first, can someone point me to the correct and latest FW for these cameras, second a simple TFTP tutorial.

Thanks

Steve
Capture.JPG

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi All,

OK, I think I have bricked a camera, if you take a look at the picture below you can two cameras listed in SADP, these where identical cameras "DS-2CD2332-I" I did a FW update on one of the camera and I think I must had used the wrong file (yea, I know stop laughing) so now it looks like a totally difference camera. So first things first, can someone point me to the correct and latest FW for these cameras, second a simple TFTP tutorial.

Thanks

Steve
First Sticky. Your cameras are Chinese. Don't update the other one.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English

scarr

n3wb
Reaction score
Del boy,

I did see this sticky but only after I broke my camera! I didn't think updating a camera would be such hard work so I didn't go looking for problems on forums just a FW file.

Steve

UPDATE: Your sticky worked a treat ;-) thanks a million.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Del boy,

I did see this sticky but only after I broke my camera! I didn't think updating a camera would be such hard work so I didn't go looking for problems on forums just a FW file.

Steve

UPDATE: Your sticky worked a treat ;-) thanks a million.
Send your thanks to whoslooking - I'm just pointing to his work and helping with instructions to get it to debrick cameras, he actually made the firmware!

Reaction score
hey everyone. i bought a used hikvision NVR. DS-7608NI-E2/8P was a great deal and now i know why. im assuming its bricked because nothing shows up when it boots up and it just beeps.

anyway trying to fix the firmware. have a firmware that isnt even out,

changed my computers ip to 192.0.0.128
open tftp
and always get the connection client failure

i reboot nvr same thing over and over

shows up in sadp

tried with standard network cable and crossover cable

ping 192.0.0.64
and i get a few received until the NVR beeps and then it stops receiving until i reboot

please help

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
have a firmware that isnt even out,
So a hacked version? What version is it?
The Hikvision-specific tftp updater? Standard tftp won't work, except for when you flash firmware via the serial console.
With a comment about 'recont_vision'?
nothing shows up when it boots up and it just beeps.
One beep on startup is normal - multiple beeps could be when a Chinese region NVR is loaded with EU firmware.

For sure this can be fixed - with the right firmware, or as a last resort via the serial console. Where you will see for sure why it isn't fully booting.

maxideus

n3wb
Reaction score
hey everyone. i bought a used hikvision NVR. DS-7608NI-E2/8P was a great deal and now i know why. im assuming its bricked because nothing shows up when it boots up and it just beeps.

anyway trying to fix the firmware. have a firmware that isnt even out,

changed my computers ip to 192.0.0.128
open tftp

i reboot nvr same thing over and over

shows up in sadp

tried with standard network cable and crossover cable

ping 192.0.0.64
and i get a few received until the NVR beeps and then it stops receiving until i reboot

please help
What version of firmware are you running on your NVR? I have a copy of the older version 2.3.8 build 140513 firmware if you can't find an old firmware online to revert back to. Version 2.3.8 worked on my DS-7616NI-SP/P and I'm assuming it may work for you since you're running a 76xx series as well.

Do your own due diligence on version compatibility but I can upload it if you require it.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Version 2.3.8 worked on my DS-7616NI-SP/P and I'm assuming it may work for you since you're running a 76xx series as well.
The -SP is not the same model as the -E
But it would help provide answers if the questions were answered by the RP.

ioffe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Community,
I am another owner of bricked DS-7608NI-SE. I felt adventurous and decided to upgrade my NVR with a latest firmware (V3.0.15 build150528) and properly bricked the device. I have hiktool tftpserv.exe on 192.0.0.128 with a subnet 255.255.255.0 with autoipconfig disabled. I can reliably ping my NVR (two pings before beep, and 3 dozen after). The problem that nvr doesn't hit tftpd server, It did on the first try but failed with a message "Resend required". Ever since it doesn't attempt to download a firmware file (i tried different ones). I was wondering if someone could shed some light onto this problem?
Thanks,
B

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you have to use a network switch, it's a stubborn nvr but does recover. I've got one and play with it all the time

ioffe

n3wb
Reaction score
You were absolutely right! Many thanks to you. I downgraded my NVR to v2.7.11 and now it boots fine. One issue still remains. it does not find cameras. I have 2x2032 and 1x2042. It sees the serial number of 2042 but refuses adding it. Two other cams are vanished.

you have to use a network switch, it's a stubborn nvr but does recover. I've got one and play with it all the time

jbhamel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have the same problem.
TFTP.JPGfullsizeoutput_12e.jpeg

I have used the first two links you provided but end up here everytime.
Any help would be much appreciated.

fadsn001

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey I have bought a 7216HQHI-F1 DVR and I decided to upgrade it to the latest firmware through the interface of the dvr with a flash usb plugged into it.
Now the DVR is stuck on the boot screen so I decided to use hikvision tftp software to reflash another firmware but the problem is that the dvr isn't connecting to the pc, the tftp software stays on tftp server initialized and nothing happens.
I have tried all the things mentioned here like restarting the DVR several times and using a switch or a router and turning the dhcp off with no luck at all.
Note that I have done all the necessary configuration like turning all the firewall off and setting the IP to 192.0.0.128 and I have pinged the DVR with an IP 192.0.0.64 and got a response.
So pleaaaase anyone can help me with this frustrating problem????