YooSee SD-M5 doorbell: 1080p, PoE, RTSP, Onvif, only $66

pdp2

n3wb
Reaction score
They never replied directly to my email, their response seems to have consisted of updating the product page on their website and including, among other things, a reference to their wireless 'USB' chime which vandyman mentioned:

Wireless chime receiver for smart doorbell camera

The 'USB' part of the chime is just that it gets its power from a USB power supply.

There does not seem to be a way to connect it to an existing chime, you'll have to use theirs. As I mentioned in a previous post it might be possible to open up their chime and with some additional electronics connect an existing chime or, perhaps with an Arduino or similar, have it send an event to BI. Both options, if possible, will require some research and will be be fairly involved. For now I would say your only option is to use their chime as is.
Thanks!
I was hoping for a pair of ('undocumented') isolated connection points which are being shunted by the button.
Anyway, I am contemplating ordering the doorbell and once received examine the internals (PCB) for any clues.

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the DB11, I wired a relay straight to the doorbell button. The relay is setup to trigger an alarm zone which interprets this zone as a chime.

For people using zwave or ZigBee, the same principle will work, or yes, an Arduino as well.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As it is known that I am having trouble getting this door bell cam working with BI.
The cam works with CMS Client and VMS. It does not show up or work with ONVIF manager software either.
I am hoping to get some free time soon to investigate on what is really going on. I have been working 12 hour days lately, and yes I will be working 12 hrs tomorrow {Sunday} as well.
As for the focus, I was hoping to get BI working first so I can post some before and after shots. But I can post some shots from the app to get started.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can I wire the CAT cable directly into this 8 port Gigabit POE switch?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E6LID0S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E6LID0S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No. The YooSee doorbell is passive PoE unfortunately. This switch uses the 802.3af/at PoE standard and either will not power the doorbell at all or may fry it (instantly or eventually) if it does.

Or, do I need to use the pigtail injector supplied and plug it into the switch and separate power outlet?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Noticed that one before, it's an older product with lower res (720p) and arguably lower WAF. It also as a 100 minimum order quantity on the YooSee website for some reason.

On the other hand it does have an actual PIR sensor, I think YooSee is full of crap about the one we've been discussing so far (SD-5) having a PIR sensor which I asked them about. Actually, upon checking I see they have updated the product page for the SD-5 and have removed the PIR reference:
Motion detection (Video analysis, 6-level sensitivity adjustment)
There's also a version with RFID access control (still only 720p):

Yoosee smart intercom/doorbell with RDID function HD camera

Page with all YooSee doorbell cams:

Smart Doorbell Camera

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Was just checking out the YooSee support forum and noticed a reply to vandyman over there referencing the following article. Did you get it to work with this?

How to add 1080p smart doorbell to Blue Iris video security software?

1080p smart doorbell compabile with BlueIris video security software
04/09/2019 Posted By: Yoosee Times Read: 16 0

Yoosee smart doorbell complies ONVIF specification, it can connect with any ONVIF compliant hardware devices and software. Today, here we would like to share the tutorial of how to add yoosee smart doorbell to Blue Iris software. The Blue Iris software is a professional video management software that supporting all kinds of security cameras, by using it you can convert your computer to a professional network video recorder that record video clips 24 hoursly.

How to add Yoosee smart doorbell to Blue Iris?
This method works for all kinds of Yoosee cameras may come with different brand name. Here we use the latest smart doorbell SD-M5 in this tutorial. The first step we need to setup the device, ensuring it's online and you're able to access camera through smartphone, additionally you need to find a local computer which has installed Blue Iris software.

Step 1: Finding your camera's local IP address
In order to connect the doorbell, you need to find its IP address. You can easily find it in device information on Yoosee app.

For example, the LAN IP: 192.168.1.40

Step 2: Enable RTSP and set a new password
In order to secure the local video stream, Yoosee cameras has strengthened security measures. You need to manually enable "RTSP" and set a new password, therefore other devices like NVR, VMS, and Blue Iris software have the permission to access the stream.

Step 3: Adding smart doorbell to your Blue Iris
Before adding smart doorbell device to your Blue Iris, ensuring your computer and the device are in the same local network (e.g. connect to the same router via Wi-Fi/Ethernet).

Click "+" button to add a new device, then input the information as below:

• IP or host name: 192.168.1.40 (your doorbell's IP address
  • HTTP port: 5000
  • Media/video/RTSP port: 554
  • User: admin
  • Password: the RTSP password (you set via Yoosee app)
  • Make/model: RTSP H.264/MJPEG/MPEG4
  • Path: /onvif1

It should be noted that you should not tick other option including send RTSP keep-alives, Use RTSP/stream timecode, framerate limiting compability mode, JPEG decoder compatibility mode. Ticking/activating these options will lead to serious video motion delay/video latency.

Once you complete above configuration, click "OK" to finish, waiting around 10 seconds the image will appear. This means you have successfully adding SD-M5 1080p smart doorbell to your Blue Iris software.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah! I seen that a couple of days ago.
For me, BI just says there is no signal and there are no errors. Very odd.
When I get a chance this weekend, I will try a few different settings.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone else bought this Yousee? Any other reviews out there?

Really wish this could be run from a standard POE switch.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got one on the way and plan on putting it through the ringer.
Please hook it up to a normal POE switch.

Would love to know if it works, and how long it works.

Or maybe not. Most say its passive, and will Fry the doorbell.

Curious to hear your thoughts after some testing.

Last edited:

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Please hook it up to a normal POE switch.

Would love to know if it works, and how long it works.

Or maybe not. Most say its passive, and will Fry the doorbell.

Curious to hear your thoughts after some testing.
Have you read any of this thread?
Your question has been answered...

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you read any of this thread?
Your question has been answered...
I read it all.. and "thought" I updated my post. Forget the POE switch.. would love some more input from other owners on their thoughts. Really a shame we cant use a standard POE switch on this. Might be perfect.

Vandy.. and video clips?

day and night?