Aliexpress sellers not allowed to sell hikvision any more??

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I agree with your theory. I however don't think opening backup stores will help. Might buy some time. But not much time. Maybe enough time for a gray/grey Hikvision market seller to dump their current Hikvision inventory. But not much more time than that.

I say this because all it takes is one upset customer to complain to Hikvision corporate about a gray/grey market Hikvision product they purchased, while also giving Hikvision corporate their unique Hikvision Id for that Hikvision product. Then a simple trace can and will be done to determine what supplier purchased that Hikvision product and then that account will be deactivated.

I don't see Hikvision corporate walking away out of frustration or somehow being easily confused by any game playing by anyone, on who is continuing to sell their products in the gray/grey markets. It might seem that way at this stage, but this just started.

The facts speak for themselves. Virtually every large online store when notified by a corporations legal team that their online store is hosting sellers who are selling grey/market products. Will and does now deactivate any account with any sellers that are doing that. All of the major online stores have recently stated such, in recent press releases.

Alibaba set the golden standard for this and all major online stores have since followed their lead:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/alibaba-cleans-up-gray-market-for-some-prestigious-brands-1407699693

In some cases. Some online stores have offered corporations that open stores with them. The ability to review any listing which uses their trademarked names, prior to any of those listing actually going live. They are held in pending queue based on a trademark name match. Which only the trademark owner/holder can release from that queue.

They also have the ability based on the store Id. To allow that store to post listings in the future and bypass pending queues as part of the service that the online stores offer them. So that they won't clog up their pending queues. These services make it exceptionally easy to quickly kill gray/gray markets in online stores. Simply by using trademarked names.

Note: Some wholesale domain name sellers have been using a similar technique for many years now when someone attempts to create domain names which include trademarked names. So, this is not new technology. It's simply taken some time to be used by major online stores as an incentive to get large corporations to open stores with them. In many cases they charge the trademark holder an annual fee for this service.

Don
Agreed. It wouldn't be a permanent solution. Only a temporary fix to dump their current inventory. It would be much too risky to try it long term as, like you said, eventually Hikvision would trace a serial number back to the supplier and shut them down. About the only way they'd get away with it long term is if Hikvision only loosely enforced the policy. If Hikvision really doesn't care and only made the policy to please those dealing with the non-china offices, then they won't waste their time tracing serial numbers and such..On the other hand, if Hikvision really is serious about cutting down on the gray market, it wouldn't take too much effort to track down the offenders.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think you agree with me that Hikvision is not playing games. They are dead serious about doing everything in their power to kill their gray/grey market issues and it won't cost them that much to do and won't take too much of their time to implement if they use some of the automation services being offered to them by major online stores. Worse case they may need to open a store with a major online store to be able to have access to those automated services. But, that's really a cheap solution to their problem vs. waiting for disgruntled customers to contact Hikvision corporate.

These methods are using a machine gun to solve their gray/grey market problems vs. using a pea shooter. Plus they help control future gray/grey market sellers by forcing their listings to go into a pending queue. So any new gray/grey market sellers can't even get a listing posted in the major online store to even have 1 gray/grey market sale. With no human intervention until they delete that listing in their pending queue. But there's not even a rush for them to need to do that. Because that listing, will never see the light of day anway.

Don
To be honest, I'm not quite sure how serious Hikvision is or just what their goals are. They've known about the gray market for years, and while they have kept developing new ways to give the gray market a challenge (such as changing the methods of adjusting region codes and altering firmware to English), they still continued to allow the ability to TELNET into the cams to take on the challenge. It seems to me like they've been straddling the fence by showing the authorized dealers that "we're doing stuff to prevent gray market" while not doing enough to prevent the gray market; only enough to give challenges to the gray market while leaving loopholes for the gray marketers to overcome. I really have no clue as to what Hikvisions true intentions are. Are they really trying to stop the gray market or is this just another overcome-able challenge.

What I do realize (and surely Hikvision should realize too) is that most people aren't going to pay $200 for a Hikvision camera if they can purchase a Dahua with identical specs for $85....I know I wouldn't pay 2 or 3 times more to get a Hikvision over an identical Dahua. It's just not that significant of a difference in quality to make it worth that much extra.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don as normal you miss the bigger picture, where value of products are over inflated to the western markets.
Hikvision have no plans to sell direct to public, that came from this year's IFSEC, but will extend their OEM program for direct company branding. again this will allow for over charging of products to the end users.

@Del Boy loving your picture ,was that taken on a new 4mp lol

Last edited by a moderator:

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don as normal you miss the bigger picture, where value of products are over inflated to the western markets.
Hikvision have no plans to sell direct to public, that came from this year's IFSEC, but will extend their OEM program for direct company branding. again this will allow for over charging of products to the end users.
The Western market is the Western market. You only need to look at the £1000s of difference in the same car in different markets. When Hik/ Dahu started to push IP in the UK they were a breath of fresh air. Good products at a realistic price in comparison to what was available before.
They could have been more expensive and just took a small part of the market but they have been well priced and took a relatively large part of the market.

I agree, Hik would be crazy to sell to the public, it's not going to happen. Hik sell to their distributors, the distributors sell to trade and retailers. That's how it works in Hik's best interests and it is going very well for them at the moment. Going forward they may supply OEM to large retailers.

I hope my distributor stocks OEM. OEM are usually a bit cheaper and you don't have your customer finding it on Google for half the price that you had to pay.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No they don't have a right to dictate price or a market control in UK there a laws to stop that happening.
Also you don't seem to grasp the Chinese business structure. Hikvision is still an expanding company, as the company fully expands and so will their method of distribution and marketing, as a company they are not looking for a market share, but control of the full market. If this includes the grey market, well it's all revenue and no after sales backup, or warranties, well that's also a bonus.

With Dahua doing well also, Hikvision won't be looking to lose any business to them will they.

If they do the things Don seem to think they will, hik will be happy losing money and the growing market share they are getting.

If you were on my marketing team Don, I think the company would be finished in 6 months.

The amout of people just through this forum and others, the high levels of sales on Aliexpress Ebay and Amazon
Speaks volumes and the fact that Hikvision monitors this site says it all.
But IMHO so much of what is posted is just crap Don

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, CCTV CAMERA CHINA (which unlisted all its products about a week ago) has relisted only the Dahua items and is not currently listing anything from Hikvision.

Maeseken

n3wb
Reaction score
For what it is worth, CCTV CAMERA CHINA (which unlisted all its products about a week ago) has relisted only the Dahua items and is not currently listing anything from Hikvision.
Negative: they opened already a second store with the newest Hiks...
Julia li 2015-08-05 13:05:27
hi,sorry,my store recently has problem,please place order from my other store if you want to buy,thx
new store link
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1111147

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson, great price! But this isn't the 0.01lux WDR version that fenderman keeps raving on about, just incase you thought it was. They are double the price!

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, true, I'm not ready for that price yet. maybe when it comes down as the stock builds up.
I was needing another 2232 or similar as my friend came back from China without any of the intended purchases. The Shenzhen shops thought they were Hikvision spies and said they had no English cameras they could sell.
On the linked Aliexpress site - note the complete lack of references to Hikvision, even to the erased logo on the pictures!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh yeah... I think DS-2CD3345-i doesn't exist... so I suspect DS-2CD2345-i will turn up.

I know you know this... but v3.3.2 or later needed for this one.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson, great price! But this isn't the 0.01lux WDR version that fenderman keeps raving on about, just incase you thought it was. They are double the price!
That doesn't make sense why there would be different 4MP turret version. I see that there are two different versions [h=1]DS-2CD2342WD-I and DS-2CD3345-I, aside from WDR they appear the same.[/h]

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm also ordered one to test diference with the 3MP, yes it' great price !!!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The WDR uses a different sensor... so they are completely different. The WDR one also doesn't do H265 and will work with older NVRs.

They look the same because they use the same housing. You can also get a 2MP in this housing which looks the same too.

It's confusing on purpose I think... well if it's not then it's just dumb.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The WDR uses a different sensor... so they are completely different. The WDR one also doesn't do H265 and will work with older NVRs.

They look the same because they use the same housing. You can also get a 2MP in this housing which looks the same too.

It's confusing on purpose I think... well if it's not then it's just dumb.
DS-2CD3345-I doesn't exist, it's just a fake name created by that store. As far as spec, the store just copied the spec from 3MP camera that's why you see the 0.07. Hikvision wouldn't create identical cameras with 4MP sensor and then have different WDR, it's dumb as you said. Bottom line there is only 1 4MP turret cam and this is a normal price. Other stores just price gouging.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It has a Chinese model number 3xxx the other is a standard model number 2xxx, but the price seems very low.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DS-2CD3345-I doesn't exist, it's just a fake name created by that store. As far as spec, the store just copied the spec from 3MP camera that's why you see the 0.07. Hikvision wouldn't create identical cameras with 4MP sensor and then have different WDR, it's dumb as you said. Bottom line there is only 1 4MP turret cam and this is a normal price. Other stores just price gouging.
This is completely wrong. And your reasoning is completely wrong too.

They make a 2MP non-WDR here: http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_158_i3207.html

They also make a 2MP WDR here: http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_158_i5606.html

The price difference between them is about double too.

The DS-2CD3345-I doesn't exist but the DS-2CD2345-I does (btw the old DS-2CD3xxx where Chinese models so that's where the 3 comes from).

There is a H265 DS-2CD2345-I and there is a H264 DS-2CD2342WD-I both 4MP (although resolutions slightly different), both different, both look similar.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
This is completely wrong. And your reasoning is completely wrong too.

They make a 2MP non-WDR here: http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_158_i3207.html

They also make a 2MP WDR here: http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_158_i5606.html

The price difference between them is about double too.

The DS-2CD3345-I doesn't exist but the DS-2CD2345-I does (btw the old DS-2CD3xxx where Chinese models so that's where the 3 comes from).

There is a H265 DS-2CD2345-I and there is a H264 DS-2CD2342WD-I both 4MP (although resolutions slightly different), both different, both look similar.
You are totally wrong. Your example is wrong. Your reasoning... well, there is no reasoning here, but it's wrong anyway.

1. You are comparing old 2MP model that was released last year with a new release of 2MP. Yes, the had to append WD to make the difference standout
2. Price difference is nonsense, as it's a new release, so there is price gouging
3. There is no official listing for DS-2CD2345-I. So I don't know where you getting that info
4. The main point is that Hikvision wouldn't release two 4MP turrets with two different 4MP sensors, it's too confusing and pointless and doesn't warrant twice the price difference.