Aliexpress sellers not allowed to sell hikvision any more??

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have Milkisbad's latest product catalog? PM me a copy if you can, I reached out to him today but as busy as this forum keeps him with support and business I don't expect anything back until prob. Monday.
I know the waiting is a killer but it would be best to wait for milk to respond to you...

Maeseken

n3wb
Reaction score
How's about those of us who don't live in the US? There are other countries in the world so you know.

I'm definitely pro @milkisbad for those of us in the US but for those of us in Europe for example, that's not an option. Yes, I have a good supplier that I prefer to use but others prefer to use Ali etc, that is their choice.
I'm also pro professional official sellers but I also totally agree with you Del Boy. In Belgium as private person, as far as I know you can't even buy Hikvision cams (to install yourself), the nearest country who sells online are the Netherlands where you got also a much higher price. Ok, you got 2 years warranty but you have to return also by postal services if problems... it's always a choise between service/delivery and price...when the difference between those two is large enough, I know what to choose...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm also pro professional official sellers but I also totally agree with you Del Boy. In Belgium as private person, as far as I know you can't even buy Hikvision cams (to install yourself), the nearest country who sells online are the Netherlands where you got also a much higher price. Ok, you got 2 years warranty but you have to return also by postal services if problems... it's always a choise between service/delivery and price...when the difference between those two is large enough, I know what to choose...
It's cheaper to buy from the UK and get them to ship it to you in Belgium (and Netherlands and most of Europe) than it is to buy from your own country, where I buy my cameras from it's €17 to ship a couple of cameras to mainland Europe. Crazy I know. Also some places in Europe have high customs charges from outside the EU, so buying off Ali isn't possible either!

Officially you can't buy Hikvision to install yourself anywhere I think.

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree with Del boy and Maeseken, in France you can only found high-end Hikvision professional series, so as private
person it doesn't fit my use

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's cheaper to buy from the UK and get them to ship it to you in Belgium (and Netherlands and most of Europe) than it is to buy from your own country, where I buy my cameras from it's €17 to ship a couple of cameras to mainland Europe. Crazy I know. Also some places in Europe have high customs charges from outside the EU, so buying off Ali isn't possible either!

Officially you can't buy Hikvision to install yourself anywhere I think.
Y does Hikvision try and make it so tough to purchase there stuff? They should be horned that we all want there gear and just open the gates. I mean heck there is still a million ways for us to purchase Hikvision and install them our self's. Hew are they trying to protect even though they are failing to some degree?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Y does Hikvision try and make it so tough to purchase there stuff? They should be horned that we all want there gear and just open the gates. I mean heck there is still a million ways for us to purchase Hikvision and install them our self's. Hew are they trying to protect even though they are failing to some degree?
They dont want to deal with end users who have no clue as to what they are doing..the support costs, warranty repairs for cameras that are not broken, etc...you cant buy a car direct from a manufacturer either (although that has been heavily lobbied and therefore embedded in many state statutes)

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can from Ford in the UK, but it will cost you more than from a dealer. Strange messed up world.
If Hik sorted out the manuals into fools guides, block firmware updates and opened an online amazon style store they could easily deal with the grey market, buy making it there own retail supply.

Their products are all most fool proof with plug and play, that limit tech support is really necessary if they removed the regional coding.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They dont want to deal with end users who have no clue as to what they are doing..the support costs, warranty repairs for cameras that are not broken, etc...you cant buy a car direct from a manufacturer either (although that has been heavily lobbied and therefore embedded in many state statutes)
Thanks for the reply, I am not asking y they don't sell direct I am asking y they don't have sellers that deal with the public that are authorized sellers like Amazon.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I am not asking y they don't sell direct I am asking y they don't have sellers that deal with the public that are authorized sellers like Amazon.
B and H sells is authorized and at least from the face of the website appears to sell to end users.
This type of arrangement is common across many industries, like phone systems. The idea is to provide their resellers with a premium product not available to end users so they must go through an authorized agent. You can trust that the management of hikvision is not stupid. Their goal is to increase their bottom line and they have selected a marketing strategy accordingly.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
B and H sells is authorized and at lease from the face of the website appears to sell to end users.
This type of arrangement is common across many industries, like phone systems. The idea is to provide their resellers with a premium product not available to end users so they must go through an authorized agent. You can trust that the management of hikvision is not stupid. Their goal is to increase their bottom line and they have selected a marketing strategy accordingly.
Thanks for the response, I forgot about B and H.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nelly's is also a reliable reseller of Hikvision. Don't expect Ali pricing though :)
Just to clear this up, Nelly's is NOT an authorized reseller of Hikvision but they do sell Hikvision though now unbranded. They are great people at Nelly's and I have even purchased from them in the past. As for Ali pricing your not going to get that no matter hew you purchase from in the US but mikisbad is a close 2nd.

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Del Boy and Whoslooking, have you got a good Hikvision seller in uk you can recommend , of course sending to France ?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And I ordered one of these a couple of days ago:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-New-model-DS-2CD3345-I-4MP-array-30m-IR-Network-Dome-security-ip-camera-H265/1111147_32415146575.html
Unfortunately had to go with a 4mm lens as they did not have any 6mm that I was wanting.
Check out the price ...
Odd that the store has been open for more than 1 year and has no feedback? Makes me a bit nervous. Have you been getting decent customer service from them and/or know when the item will ship?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The store has been checking if they are able to get the 6mm lens variant. This is ideally what I need, though the 4mm should be OK given the extra resolution.
I was looking for another DS-2CD3332 6mm, this DS-2CD3345-I seemed pretty close given the non-availability now of the DS-2CD3332.