Annke Firmware to Hikvision Firmware: HOW TO

PHILka.RU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why do you need https on the camera?

PHILka.RU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What's not to like about the existing one? what do you want to receive?
Please understand that you will not get any new features.
Hikvision have one model, annke have different models, and they will not turn into Hikvision .

JJA

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem is ANNKE does not post the latest firmware. I have 10 N48PAW recorders and only two have the latest V4.75.xxx firmware. The others, which are less than a yesr old, have V4.71.xxx and cannot be updated. The latest version gives the options of Human and Vehicle on the ANNKE App when playing back recordings. This is critical when trying to see what is going on remotely using the App. I also have multiple DT81DX, D961BB and N46PCK units. Only one of those has the V4.75 firmware and the App works correctly. Otherwise you have to search through the "notifications" which is absurd.

Here's the kicker. Hikvision has the V4.75 firmware on their EU website that should work with the N48PAW in question (C-R-K9B2-00). The firmware exists, yet ANNKE support always gives the same lame response

"We will develop a new firmware once the number of requests for new firmware reaches a certain level, and if the new version come out we will tell you as soon as possible."
"We are very sorry for the trouble caused by the current firmware not being able to upgrade to the V4.75.xxx, please believe that we will try our best to help you solve the problem."

PHILka.RU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The recorders are different in terms of hardware, not all will support firmware 4.75, only the new revision.

JJA

n3wb
Reaction score
The C-R-K9B2-00 hardware on the ANNKE NVR matches the firmware referenced in the Hikvision link.

JJA

n3wb
Reaction score
Does all functionality work after the update?
I can't do the update. I get an Upgrade Failed. Device model mismatches. This is what is so frustrating. I buy ten units over the past year and eight are "outdated". The firmware exists. They are just blocking it.

PHILka.RU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't do the update. I get an Upgrade Failed. Device model mismatches. This is what is so frustrating. I buy ten units over the past year and eight are "outdated". The firmware exists. They are just blocking it.
sent me a private message with the serial number of the standby model, I will tell you what the latest firmware is and give you a link/

ps the correct firmware should not look like this NVR_K21B2_BL_ML_STDV4.74.000_230213.zip but something like this NVR_K21B2_BL_MLNEU_V4.74.000_230213.zip
neu firmware is for OEM manufacturers like Annke and others

Last edited: