Annke Firmware to Hikvision Firmware: HOW TO

Merwenus

n3wb
Reaction score
I have I91BL (annke c800 ai) with a 2021 firmware. I bought the AI version, but later I started using Frigate.
The problem is that I91BL has 640x480 substream, and thats not enough for Frigate to recognise people. The 4k Main stream literally eats my N6005 processzor and gpu.
Is there ANY way, hack/customfirmware/hardver mod to increase this 480p substream to at least 720p or 1080p?

Thanks in advance!

PHILka.RU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have I91BL (annke c800 ai) with a 2021 firmware. I bought the AI version, but later I started using Frigate.
The problem is that I91BL has 640x480 substream, and thats not enough for Frigate to recognise people. The 4k Main stream literally eats my N6005 processzor and gpu.
Is there ANY way, hack/customfirmware/hardver mod to increase this 480p substream to at least 720p or 1080p?

Thanks in advance!
buy a recorder, custom firmware there are none and there won't be any, or buy a more modern version of the camera, it has a second stream in 720

Merwenus

n3wb
Reaction score
buy DS-2CD1383G2-LIU(F) you will get 2.8 mm. wide viewing angle is not always better
Annke C800 with 2,8mm lens is perfect, clear edges and wide angle. I can use them to put in the corner and see the whole thing.

@GUTEK@

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe by updating the firmware from Hikvision you will gain 720p in substream. You will lose people detection though.
The specifications include 720p support: DS-2CD1383G0-I

tom_ktom

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello to all,
I just received an Annke C800 (I95DL, with smart dual light), recognizing that it does not offer NAS-connection and no expert view for the Events. I am using the device standalone without NVR.
Would switching to Hikvision firmare activate this? I already understood, that it would not add the smart events. Is it the same with NAS and Expert view?

In addition, as this is the only firmware for G6, it can't be wrong right?

Best regards
Tom

mfc

n3wb
Reaction score
annke c500 e10 platform
V5.7.11_230308 works
5.8.0_231108 gives a ui where you cant click anything
Same here. Did you manage to get back to 5.7.11 once you had 5.8.0? Demo Client won't allow downgrade...

Besides: I never got any picture on the web interface, only grey boxes and "live view failed" errors. With original Annke and all hikvision firmware. Anyone else with this issue?

@GUTEK@

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried whether this problem also occurs in the new version of the E10 firmware?

Downgrade can be done via TFTP and Terminal.

mfc

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried whether this problem also occurs in the new version of the E10 firmware?
Thanks, I wasn't aware of the newer version. Would like to give it a try, but unfortunately, I'm currently stuck:

Downgrade can be done via TFTP and Terminal.
TFTP took me a while to figure out that newer models like mine are looking for 192.168.1.128 instead of 192.0.0.128. I finally managed to upload firmware using scottlamb's tool. However, although the tool uploads the firmware and confirms the process 'done', the camera seems dead afterwards - right after flashing I can still ping the device, but a port scan does not show any open ports (probably stuck in the firmware update mode?).

It seems not to reboot automatically (I did wait up to 15 hours), so I power cycled the device, but I won't come back on (no DHCP request, not discoverable with SADP tool). I can still reflash with TFTP though. Tried different firmwares (including V5.7.11_230308, which I had working previously).

Am I missing something, any hints?

With "Terminal" you a re referring to UART? I was hoping to get around this exercise...