ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

skjom

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, install tiny cam pro or hikvision vms4500 if available
Will definitely when cam arrives. Thanks for advice.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

skywaytp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I like Hik-Connect more than TinyCam Pro. I paid for TinyCam Pro, but to realized that

a) It does not automatic update the camera's IP. One day our router decides to change the ip address of this camera, I could view anything via TinyCam Pro unless check for the new IP address of the came and adjust it rdingly on TinyCam Pro. On the other hand, Hik-Connect has no issue with it by solving things automatically.
b) I cannot view anything on my mobile phone when connection is outside the same network with the camera's on TinyCam. TinyCam website under FQA has some instruction but unclear and confusing.

Given Hik-Connect is a free app with all functions I found helpful, it's a winner for me.

attched: TinyCam Pro sees 03 different cams from one. Sounds hilarious!!

Attachments

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I like Hik-Connect more than TinyCam Pro. I paid for TinyCam Pro, but to realized that

a) It does not automatic update the camera's IP. One day our router decides to change the ip address of this camera, I could view anything via TinyCam Pro unless check for the new IP address of the came and adjust it rdingly on TinyCam Pro. On the other hand, Hik-Connect has no issue with it by solving things automatically.
b) I cannot view anything on my mobile phone when connection is outside the same network with the camera's on TinyCam. TinyCam website under FQA has some instruction but unclear and confusing.

Given Hik-Connect is a free app with all functions I found helpful, it's a winner for me.

attched: TinyCam Pro sees 03 different cams from one. Sounds hilarious!!

View attachment 27320
That's just a result of you not having a clue as to what you are doing...it's not tinycams fault...

skywaytp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's just a result of you not having a clue as to what you are doing...it's not tinycams fault...
I surely don't have all knowledge about ip cams and tinycam pro app. This is the reason why I came here upon returning from my recent deployment to learn from you all. As I shared earlier, I found Hik-Connect helpful FOR ME since it fits my needs better. It's the same thing when your son/daughter told me he/she has the best dad on earth! Yes, to him/her it is right. However to me, Hell NO!

I would like to focus on learning and helping each other out instead of personal attack just about ip cameras which are not important in my life and what I'm doing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I surely don't have all knowledge about ip cams and tinycam pro app. This is the reason why I came here upon returning from my recent deployment to learn from you all. As I shared earlier, I found Hik-Connect helpful FOR ME since it fits my needs better. It's the same thing when your son/daughter told me he/she has the best dad on earth! Yes, to him/her it is right. However to me, Hell NO!

I would like to focus on learning and helping each other out instead of personal attack just about ip cameras which are not important in my life and what I'm doing.
It's not a personal attack...you trashed tinycam pro not knowing the basics of networking....glad to know that you are comfortable providing a company owned by the Chinese government access to your ipaddress and potentially your footage and any other information on your network...

skywaytp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's not a personal attack...you trashed tinycam pro not knowing the basics of networking....glad to know that you are comfortable providing a company owned by the Chinese government access to your ipaddress and potentially your footage and any other information on your network...
Nobody would be comfortable providing his/her essential info. I hope you were joking but making assumption does not reflect the reality. Please tell me more about setting up Tinycam Pro with basic networking. Plus, a way to block the Chinese government if they have potential to my footage given that the cam's firmware has been changed to Hikvision's.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nobody would be comfortable providing his/her essential info. I hope you were joking but making assumption does not reflect the reality. Please tell me more about setting up Tinycam Pro with basic networking. Plus, a way to block the Chinese government if they have potential to my footage given that the cam's firmware has been changed to Hikvision's.
cams firmware was always hikvision...just had the annke logo...
I was dead serious as you seem proud and happy to use hik connect...
start reading the forum..for starters you want to reserve the ip address for the camera so it does not change...then setup a vpn for remote access.

consort

n3wb
Reaction score
skyway, i'm sure fenderman does not need my help here, but...

hik connect is able to maintain a connection between your roaming phone and the camera because it's using the hikvision authentication server to maintain the link despite whatever else your router may be doing.

no matter what you paid for tinycam, it's a steep learning curve to get it to work consistently as a roaming client to your hik cube because you'll be required to address the cam directly, rather than through a third party forwarding server that you are getting to use for free.

i hinted to this issue in a previous post, but i guess it flew over your head. i suggest you get used to using hik connect, and not waste any more time fussing with tinycam only because it will require you to manage your router beyond your current skill set.

ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

i understand your reservations about being dependent on a third party server, but consider you won't be able to playback event recorded clips using tinycam (typically you get an alert (from email or app) of an event (alarm) and want to review what caused it while roaming) while hik connect does it with ease, so for that reason alone tinycam is a waste of time.

Last edited:

robertsig

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone got an iPhone viewer app to work with these cameras? I can't seem to get any of them to recognize or view them. If so, which one, and what were your settings?

robertsig

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the Smoothing parameter does in the Video configuration? I noticed the main stream is all the way to 100. Is there a benefit to lowering it? And if so, to what?
No one?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

robertsig

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK thanks. I didn't get the manual and for some reason couldn't find it. Is there a recommendation most people use?

Reaction score
What makes this better than getting the Hikvision equivalent. (Notice the Hiks are now in 4MP and 5MP resolutions)
There doesn't seem to be a huge price in the Hikvision equivalent but the hik seems harder to buy now in 2MP
It's a very good question. Here's my opinion:
I purchased the 4MP Hikvision cube camera early on, to see if the higher resolution was worth it. Frankly, it was not. The 2MP variety provides all the detail and resolution I need. Higher resolution definitely demands a wired LAN connection, due to the increased bandwidth and the poor wireless performance of this particular device. It includes an internal surface-mounted antenna "array" that is extremely hit-or-miss in terms of performance.

consort

n3wb
Reaction score
Vorlon - thanks for posting your 4mp cube versus 2mp cube observations here.

my guess is the 4mp suffers because it's the most x.264 compression stream
over wifi 2.4ghz a single channel can handle, so it was silly hikvision didn't make
it dual channel or 5.0ghz wifi - the radio chips are certainly cheap enough now.
this failure is probably why their 5mp models use x.265 instead since there are
still installs out there stuck with 10/100 cat5e or moca coax based ethernet.
i had a x.264 dtv tuner on a 10/100 hub, and had to move it to gigabyte switch
even though it was wired, so hikvision was really pushing it's luck how it wifis.

i wondered if the difference was the 4mp had a larger pov, not higher definition.
the definition difference may only matter for users who have to blow up images
of camera caught subjects with the most definition they can afford.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Vorlon - thanks for posting your 4mp cube versus 2mp cube observations here.

my guess is the 4mp suffers because it's the most x.264 compression stream
over wifi 2.4ghz a single channel can handle, so it was silly hikvision didn't make
it dual channel or 5.0ghz wifi - the radio chips are certainly cheap enough now.
this failure is probably why their 5mp models use x.265 instead since there are
still installs out there stuck with 10/100 cat5e or moca coax based ethernet.
i had a x.264 dtv tuner on a 10/100 hub, and had to move it to gigabyte switch
even though it was wired, so hikvision was really pushing it's luck how it wifis.

i wondered if the difference was the 4mp had a larger pov, not higher definition.
the definition difference may only matter for users who have to blow up images
of camera caught subjects with the most definition they can afford.
resolution is irrelevant...its the bitrate...if the max bitrate is the same it should not matter...5ghz wifi suffers from poor range..
wifi in general is a bad idea for cams...no one is "stuck" with 10/100 for wired....its way more than enough to handle a bunch of cams...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
has anyone gotten hikvision's "Camcloud" monthly service to work
on their annke cube or any hikvision 2mp or 4mp branded cube cams?

Hikvision | Camcloud

please share your experience with this here, thanks.

Plans and Pricing Summary | Camcloud

$6/mo seems reasonable if you can't afford to invest in your own nas.
Camcloud is a joke. In what universe is 6 dollars PER CAMERA PER MONTH for 7 days of motion detection storage storage reasonable...
That is 72 dollars a year!!!
It requires port forwarding....(except for several brands that it can use p2p)
This entire thing a security mess, that relies on your internet connection...
For 60 bux or so you can record locally on your own terms...

consort

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, let me ask this another way... cloud storage solution hatered aside,

what is the most cost effective service that works with hikvision cubes?

my need is one cam under 100mb (overwritten) under a week retention.

i'm already using microsd but want some not local lan offsite solution.