IP Cam Talk

Welcome to the new IPCT! If you are having an issue logging in, please clear your cookies / cache.

ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

gtj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why do you need to upgrade firmware?
I don't have to?
I thought upgrading firmware to all electronic devices is a good practice.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Amazon asked me to answer a question since I posted a review of the camera there, and I decided to check, and it is back in stock there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
hi, what's the latest hikvision fw for this camera? mine is on V5.4.5 build 170123 currently. thanks.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm having some problems with both of mine but 2 completely different issues.

1 camera anytime anything is disconnected like power or Ethernet when it goes back online it automatically puts the pir alarm on. (Not major but annoying)

2. 1 of the cameras keeps locking me out and changing the password.
This is happening every day or so and I have to keep fully resetting it then setting it up again it's doing my head in as it's used as a baby monitor.

This one's major problem. My network is not open to the outside world at all and everything externally is completely blocked.

Can anybody help with this issue.
I am still on the ankle firmware the camera shipped with about 12 months ago.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This is happening every day or so and I have to keep fully resetting it then setting it up again it's doing my head in as it's used as a baby monitor.
Quite a lot of this around (maybe being hacked) if either port forwarding had been configured for internet access, or if UPnP is enabled on both the camera and your router.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Quite a lot of this around (maybe being hacked) if either port forwarding had been configured for internet access, or if UPnP is enabled on both the camera and your router.
That's what I can't understand
Everything is completely closed off from the outside world.
But yet it still keeps happening.

I've made sure all ports are closed and there's no port forwarding made sure upnp is disabled etc.

I don't know what else I can do really

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's what I can't understand
Everything is completely closed off from the outside world.
But yet it still keeps happening.

I've made sure all ports are closed and there's no port forwarding made sure upnp is disabled etc.

I don't know what else I can do really
Did you scan a QR code (set up P2P) with your phone and/or install an app on your phone when you first got them?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you scan a QR code (set up P2P) with your phone and/or install an app on your phone when you first got them?
No one never used the qr code It was just set up as a regular ip camera as you normally would so not sure where to go with it

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try to update the firmware. The instructions are early in this thread.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

TheDank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Reeves, just for some clarification, when you say it's changing the password, *is* it actually changing the password, or is it just locking you out temporarily? I mean, how do you know the password is being changed, and do you have a way of knowing what it's being changed to? And for clarification, how do you eventually get back in to the camera, do you have to do a hard reset on it?

What I'm wondering is if you might have some other software inside your network that's repeatedly trying to access the camera, but that sw isn't using the right password, and eventually the camera locks. (there's an option in the security setup for enabling/disabling password lockout) Do you think you might have previously set up something to access the camera that you're not using anymore?