ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I just ordered 4 of these from Amazon that were refurbished for 35$ US after reading the reviews here.
Here is the link with 4 more available.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: ANNKE 1080P IP Camera 2.0MP Wireless Cube Camera with Impressive PIR Detection, 1/2.8" Progressive Scan CMOS, WPS network connection, Support Line Crossing

Thanks

Thanks. I just snagged the last two. I only really could think of one location for sure, but I know I can use the second one one somewhere indoors. You guys are a bad influence on me. ;)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is there any current sale on these right now?
Google would be your friend for this question. Check Amazon and the Annke web page. Also Google for Annke coupon codes.

spinrut

n3wb
Reaction score
Amazon price tracker / notification site that is very useful: www.camelcamelcamel.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I suppose using camelx3 would tell me if they were cheaper than normal, but that wouldnt necessarily reflect if there were any sales in effect (like coupons being active similar to the halloween or black friday ones)

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Correct, and I don’t think it works for lightning deals, either

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check out the packaging for the refurbished cameras I received; interesting

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They were saving a box and packing material because it was two regular boxes wrapped in plastic and then taped together

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I prepare to set up my refurbished acquisitions, I find myself wondering if I should create a custom, random username for each camera with my password manager?

I am thinking since they only allow a maximum of 16 characters for the password, this would increase security, but also add complexity to url commands that require the username.

Probably not worth the hassle. Thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As I prepare to set up my refurbished acquisitions, I find myself wondering if I should create a custom, random username for each camera with my password manager?

I am thinking since they only allow a maximum of 16 characters for the password, this would increase security, but also add complexity to url commands that require the username.

Probably not worth the hassle. Thoughts?

dont expose your cameras to the internet...most of these exploits dont care about your camera.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At a minimum you can make a rule in your router firewall to prevent each camera IP address or MAC address from reaching the internet.

I have mine on a separate (insecure) subnet, and they can’t get to the (secure) subnet or to the internet. I have some info in my “Cliff Notes” link in my signature.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use a Luma Mesh router so I have limited options. I do not think I have a option to disable internet per IP Address.
What about setting an incorrect gateway address (192.168.1.2 if the gateway was actually 192.168.1.1) in the camera until you can get a more flexible router? This would prevent internet access.

Anyone else think that is a good or bad idea?

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just to let you all know I fixed the issue with Smart Events not saving on the NVR for this cam, turns out it was my fault.
I had set a separate user for the NVR to connect and didn't grant it remote: params permission.

Oopsy...

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
TinyCam Monitor Pro user here also. I am also unable to receive audio FROM the camera, but I am able to send audio TO the camera when using TinyCam Monitor Pro on a Kindle Fire HD8.

I have the vendor set as HikVision, and the model as DS-2CD22142FWD-I(W)(S), and have tried a few of the different models, but not all of them. I also noticed in the Camera settings in TinyCam Monitor Pro, there is a note that to get audio, the "Video Type" of the camera stream should be "Video&Audio", which is the default parameter set in the camera UI for both the Main and Sub-streams.

The error message when trying to turn on the audio is: Audio failed (Timeout, check hostname and port number)

Thanks for any advice / guidance on this.

Mark
Using Model ds2cd2012-i works for me with audio.
No go for me, so I must have some setting incorrect? I changed very few of them.
As an update for my audio issue: I installed the two additional refurbished models I purchased, and those units are able to receive audio FROM the camera, but the original unit I purchased cannot. All three cameras have the same settings for audio in the web interface, and the same settings in TinyCam Monitor Pro, using Model DS2CD2012-I, which is the first model seletion in the list. The only difference is that the cameras are on two different switches, but the Dahua cameras on the switch with the unit that does not work are able to receive audio.

I tried rebooting the camera, and cannot think of anything else to check or to try. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an update for my audio issue: I installed the two additional refurbished models I purchased, and those units are able to receive audio FROM the camera, but the original unit I purchased cannot. All three cameras have the same settings for audio in the web interface, and the same settings in TinyCam Monitor Pro, using Model DS2CD2012-I, which is the first model seletion in the list. The only difference is that the cameras are on two different switches, but the Dahua cameras on the switch with the unit that does not work are able to receive audio.

I tried rebooting the camera, and cannot think of anything else to check or to try. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks.
Tried a hard reset?

Last edited:

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What about setting an incorrect gateway address (192.168.1.2 if the gateway was actually 192.168.1.1) in the camera until you can get a more flexible router? This would prevent internet access.

Anyone else think that is a good or bad idea?
Most common VPN Setup mistakes:
  • Not specifying gateway addresses for IoT devices, thinking this would keep them accessing the internet all together it can also prevent you from accessing it via LAN because your VPN Server is likely to put you in its own subnet and route traffic to your LAN and the VPN on its own.
He doesn't specifically say that it won't work...but it might cause other issues if done this way.

Do you have parental controls on your existing router? A common use of this would be to block your kids phones/tablets/computers from accessing the internet after 9pm on a school night for example, but I used them to block all of my cameras from accessing the web 24/7.