Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

simonmason

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using Blue Iris tools to monitor Blue Iris. When Blue Iris Tools notices that Blue Iris is down, I have it restart the app. When it does this I was using the Launch URL in the Watch Dog controls to send an http request to my home automation system to let it know to refresh the camera pages on the touchscreens to restart the video feed from Blue Iris.

When it does this, I see a pop-up window on top of Blue Irish Tools asking for me to select the file to save the JSON request.

The command - below - results in a page with “{ "Response":"ok" }” on the page. I am trying to see if this can be done with no response but I doubt it, as the response is of course intended to let you know that it worked.

There might be a way to redirect the response in the http command but I haven't figured that out yet.

If any one has any ideas on how to solve this - please do let me know.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Dumb question is this app no longer be supported? if not why not I would have expected there are fair number of users out there, it needs some UI update and selectable Weather options JMTC

rjp1267

n3wb
Reaction score
A year + later and the issue seems to still persist. Does the author check this site? I am not sure BIT is really a useful tool, it seems to be dated and not sure the tools provided will make any meaningful improvements. I am new to the tool so I will play around and see what if anything I can make use of otherwise will just uninstall.

Reaction score
This is a great tool to supplement BI. I'm having an issue with the IP updater not running consistently though. My IP changes frequently. When I cannot connect to my IPCTDDNS.com address and have to log into the server, I see at the bottom of the IP Management / DDNS Updater screen: "Updating ipctddns.com..." and "Sending E-Mail..." The IP address shown is no longer current and needs to be refreshed manually. I disabled Watchdog notifications for the short term to see if that helps. Any other suggestions on how to get the IP address updater to work consistently?

Thanks!

Attachments