Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I posted this question in the "Chit Chat" area, couldn't find this thread for the life of me. Blame it on a senior moment.

Is there a way to edit the "wind description" to reduce the length of the displayed text or even break it into two separate lines of text? I checked the help file and didn't see anything there, but that could be another senior thing.
No, not currently

Reaction score
Any chance of having BIT run as a service? I don't stay logged into the PC that is running BI.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Any chance of having BIT run as a service? I don't stay logged into the PC that is running BI.
Yes, but it's not built into bit so you have to use other means to do it. There is info here somewhere about it.

Reaction score
Yes, but it's not built into bit so you have to use other means to do it. There is info here somewhere about it.
Thanks, will take a look. I remember using a tool in the past to allow applications to run as a service.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Jan. 13, 2019 - Version 1.2.5
Please update via Blue Iris Tools.

• Added ability to split wind description
  • Misc. bug fixes
  • Weather bug introduced in 1.2.4 fixed

Added a "Wind Options" feature on the weather tab to manipulate the wind description. Can split into rows, remove anything before / after a delimiter, etc.

Next Update:
  • Blue Iris Tools Add-ons! Ability to set event handlers on BIT to trigger any other application or script. Ex: run script when weather is updated, on any error, when BIT loads, watchdog, etc.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike updated Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! with a new update entry:

BIT Add-ons system built

I'm really excited about this update! I built an "add-ons" system for BIT which will allow you to create and install add-ons to interact with BI & BIT. Event Handlers have been added throughout BIT which can trigger any file to execute, such as a batch file to do whatever you want! View the add-ons wiki here

Jan. 21, 2019 - Version 1.3.0
Please update via Blue Iris Tools.

• Introducing BIT Add-ons! Create your own or install from the community for more control of BI and BIT
  • BIT Event Handlers installed for interaction with BIT & BI
upload_2019-1-22_11-35-13.png

upload_2019-1-22_11-36-17.png

View the add-ons wiki here

Read the rest of this update entry...

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score

philipzeo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I just installed BIT 1.3.1 and have the weather updates set for 15 minutes - and BI Update manager checked.
I noticed my CPU running higher than usual - so I was digging into what is going on and I think I found it in the logs of BIT.
It looks like every now and then I get an error - Weather Update Error #0-Description .
This error causes the CPU usage of BIT to go up to 15% and stay there indefinitely.
I restart BIT and it goes back down to 0%.
It only happened a couple of times, I just wanted to let you know about the process cpu spike on that error.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I just installed BIT 1.3.1 and have the weather updates set for 15 minutes - and BI Update manager checked.
I noticed my CPU running higher than usual - so I was digging into what is going on and I think I found it in the logs of BIT.
It looks like every now and then I get an error - Weather Update Error #0-Description .
This error causes the CPU usage of BIT to go up to 15% and stay there indefinitely.
I restart BIT and it goes back down to 0%.
It only happened a couple of times, I just wanted to let you know about the process cpu spike on that error.
Thanks for letting me know, will look into that for 1.3.2.

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So BIT interfaces with BI, and can pass it overlay information. Could BIT retrieve overlay information from a Raspberry Pi and pass it to BI? Can BIT trigger a BI alert? What I'm thinking of is perhaps a Raspberry Pi that is monitoring an alarm system or temperature probes?

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I just installed BIT and playing around with some weather settings. @bp2008, great ad on utility.

One thing I noticed is that when I enable a script to just overlay the temp on one camera, BI automatically overlays the date and time.

Is there a way to just overlay the temp?

The date and time is already overlayed from the camera and I don't want it overlayed from BI.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I just installed BIT and playing around with some weather settings. @bp2008, great ad on utility.

One thing I noticed is that when I enable a script to just overlay the temp on one camera, BI automatically overlays the date and time.

Is there a way to just overlay the temp?

The date and time is already overlayed from the camera and I don't want it overlayed from BI.
In BI, go to "Camera properties", "video tab", next to "enable overlays" (leave checked), click on "Edit" button, click once on the offending date/time overlay to highlight it, press "delete" key on keyboard, click on "OK"

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In BI, go to "Camera properties", "video tab", next to "enable overlays" (leave checked), click on "Edit" button, click once on the offending date/time overlay to highlight it, press "delete" key on keyboard, click on "OK"
Thank you @TonyR :headbang:

Dwalls

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't seem to get the CPU data, it is alread showing 0%. Do I need to point the macro to another folder? Anyone else having this problem or have I missed this discussion earlier?

Thank you

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't seem to get the CPU data, it is alread showing 0%. Do I need to point the macro to another folder? Anyone else having this problem or have I missed this discussion earlier?

Thank you
For CPU, you need to have the CPU Watchdog enabled in the Watchdog tab and CPU Usage enabled in the Weather Overlay tab
upload_2019-2-19_12-18-22.png upload_2019-2-19_12-19-3.png

Then, assign either the CPU or Everything field to a macro by clicking macro in the Weather Overlay tab, then click the %# that you want to assign the macro to, then CPU (or Everything)
upload_2019-2-19_12-20-17.png upload_2019-2-19_12-21-17.png

Then add the macro in BI via these directions