Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
BIT 1.3.3

Hey! I just attempted a Backup of Blue Iris Settings / Cameras. It comes back with a Back Up Successful! popup, but there is no file. Just for kicks and giggles, I tried changing where it should put the file. Still no backup. If it's just me, then I'll uninstall and reinstall BIT, but I figured I'd post and ask first...

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
BIT 1.3.3

Hey! I just attempted a Backup of Blue Iris Settings / Cameras. It comes back with a Back Up Successful! popup, but there is no file. Just for kicks and giggles, I tried changing where it should put the file. Still no backup. If it's just me, then I'll uninstall and reinstall BIT, but I figured I'd post and ask first...
Thanks, this is actually a known bug that I will fix. It will successfully backup BIT though.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
BIT 1.3.3

I'm taking a wild guess here but try running Blue Iris and BIT as administrator then try back up again to see if it creates the file.

AMP

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll play with it some more if I see either of the strangeness you have seen. I you find something please let me know. If I can make it better I am happy to do so.
I think I found the fix for the strangeness. I edited your dew point add-on so that it is only acting on the weather_get_temp handler and not both the weather_get_temp and weather_get_humidity handlers. Maybe it was a race condition where it was running twice at the same time on a weather update and sometimes operated on a null value for one of the two parameters if it wasn't fetched yet. It has looked consistent for several hours; I'll update if I see an erroneous value pop up again.

Last edited:

jgray99

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I actually saw it a little bit ago on mine too. I'll try what you suggested and see what happens. Good catch.

James

Reactions: AMP

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
does this work with bi5. if you save bi4 settings and transfer to 5 does your weather settings follow?

jgray99

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I haven't upgraded just yet but I have tested the addon on BI5 and it worked.

The Profit

n3wb
Reaction score
I am almost done integrating BI5 with BIT. In the meantime you can manually set the directories of BI5 in BIT -> Settings then Blue Iris Path and Blue Iris Server. Set those to whatever version of BI you are using.
Hello Mike,
I have gone to BIT->Settings and set the directories to BI5 but when I try to enable BIT it gives me Error#0 right away and then disables the watchdog. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
upload_2019-6-19_15-54-37.png

The Profit

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you try restarting BIT / the computer?
I had tried just restarting BIT before but I guess I never tried restarting the computer! That fixed it! Thank you! Any idea when the update will be coming out? Really appreciate all the work you’ve done with BIT!

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI Key manager is nice. The 'double click to delete' key is not working for me though.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there an overlay add on for the cpu & memory percentage?
THX...

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
CPU is already available as an overlay. For memory %, are you referring to the Folder Watchdog stats? If so, I can add that
Yes, please add it.
Thank you!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I have BIT v1.5.0 ready to go, which works with BI5...Anyone want to test it before I officially release the update? If you upgraded from BI4 to BI5 then BIT should detect that and automatically adjust BIT's settings.

Thanks!

Edit: Deleted file, going to push official update soon.

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I have BIT v1.5.0 ready to go, which works with BI5...Anyone want to test it before I officially release the update? If you upgraded from BI4 to BI5 then BIT should detect that and automatically adjust BIT's settings.

Thanks!
Works here too....the BlueIris Sale: banner might need updated though. Thanks Mike !