Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

Bob Schulz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sounds like your overlays are not set properly. Go into Macros in BIT and set them up again.
That fixed it. Thank you!

Tomtreas

n3wb
Reaction score
?? You must have the macro wrong. The temp works...
Apologies. My temp was meant to be temporary not temperature. All of the single station stuff works fine and puts it into the txt folder under Blue Iris Tools. THe multiple locations however does not currently work and there is nothing that I can find that actually says that. So, I had to ask here and just above, Mike said that it would be in the next update.

KDL1962

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Mike.

Thanks for getting BIT back up and running so quickly.

I have re-enabled it, but I am getting my temperature in Fahrenheit instead of Celcius.

I know I change between IMPERIAL and METRIC, but reviously I have my temperature in C and my wind speed in MPH.

Is that still possible, or have I missed/forgotten something ?

Thanks.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mike.

Thanks for getting BIT back up and running so quickly.

I have re-enabled it, but I am getting my temperature in Fahrenheit instead of Celcius.

I know I change between IMPERIAL and METRIC, but reviously I have my temperature in C and my wind speed in MPH.

Is that still possible, or have I missed/forgotten something ?

Thanks.
As of right now it can be Imperial or Metric only. You can create a BIT Add-on to do this for you, though.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so something changed ?

I'll have a look at the Add-on - are there instructions for it in the HELP thread ?
Yes. In previous versions of BIT the conversions for Celsius and km/h were done in BIT itself because the values were delivered from WU in F and MPH (Imperial). Now they allow us to specify Metric or Imperial in the API, so to cut any miscalculation or issues out, I decided to show all values exactly how they are delivered from WU. At least for now to get weather working again and push out an update as fast as I could.

I encourage you to check out the BIT Add-on system, you can create add-ons to manipulate weather results and things like that. If you do create something, please share it with the community!

Rodger3876

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks & I look forward to that update as I no longer want to support Weather Underground with my PWS or do I want to receive Weather Underground Info.

jorge

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have the BIT update installed but I cannot configure multiple locations. Is there any way to do it?

Thank you

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hey Mike, is there a way to round the temperature, humidity, and dewpoint to the nearest whole number? I looked at the addons feature of BITools but couldn't get it to work. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Mike, is there a way to round the temperature, humidity, and dewpoint to the nearest whole number? I looked at the addons feature of BITools but couldn't get it to work. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
No there isn't, you would have to create an add-on for it.

I highly encourage members to create some add-ons that might help them and the community!

Reaction score
I am wanting to get weather from an airport station but I am getting the error "Error connecting to wunderground. Check your internet connection / station ID". A post from May 19, 2016 indicated someone was using KAUS as the Station ID which is the Austin-Bergstron International Airport station and was successfully getting results from that station. I have tried several different airport Station IDs with no luck. Non-airport Station IDs work without issue.

CapeData

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am wanting to get weather from an airport station but I am getting the error "Error connecting to wunderground. Check your internet connection / station ID". A post from May 19, 2016 indicated someone was using KAUS as the Station ID which is the Austin-Bergstron International Airport station and was successfully getting results from that station. I have tried several different airport Station IDs with no luck. Non-airport Station IDs work without issue.
Airport station sources (METAR) are not working in the current version. Mike said they will in a later release.