Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

jorge

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have the BIT update installed but I cannot configure multiple locations. Is there any way to do it?

Thank you

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hey Mike, is there a way to round the temperature, humidity, and dewpoint to the nearest whole number? I looked at the addons feature of BITools but couldn't get it to work. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Mike, is there a way to round the temperature, humidity, and dewpoint to the nearest whole number? I looked at the addons feature of BITools but couldn't get it to work. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
No there isn't, you would have to create an add-on for it.

I highly encourage members to create some add-ons that might help them and the community!

Reaction score
I am wanting to get weather from an airport station but I am getting the error "Error connecting to wunderground. Check your internet connection / station ID". A post from May 19, 2016 indicated someone was using KAUS as the Station ID which is the Austin-Bergstron International Airport station and was successfully getting results from that station. I have tried several different airport Station IDs with no luck. Non-airport Station IDs work without issue.

CapeData

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am wanting to get weather from an airport station but I am getting the error "Error connecting to wunderground. Check your internet connection / station ID". A post from May 19, 2016 indicated someone was using KAUS as the Station ID which is the Austin-Bergstron International Airport station and was successfully getting results from that station. I have tried several different airport Station IDs with no luck. Non-airport Station IDs work without issue.
Airport station sources (METAR) are not working in the current version. Mike said they will in a later release.

TahoeJeff

n3wb
Reaction score
Have read over responses for several pages. I applaud the programming guy for finding a fix! I will make a donation for this excellent software.
The weather overlay on my BI cameras used to display C and F temps. Now only displays F. Is there something I need to adjust?

KDL1962

n3wb
Reaction score
Have read over responses for several pages. I applaud the programming guy for finding a fix! I will make a donation for this excellent software.
The weather overlay on my BI cameras used to display C and F temps. Now only displays F. Is there something I need to adjust?
I mentioned that earlier - see here.

Need to create an ADD-ON.

AMP

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I mentioned that earlier - see here.

Need to create an ADD-ON.
You can set it metric and it will be in Celsius, but it will also change wind to km/h.

Your desire to mix metric temperature with imperial wind speed is what is necessitating an add-on. if @TohoeJeff doesn't need to mix, he doesn't need an add-on.

ljw2k

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just taken the plunge from BI4 to V5 and installed the BI tool without a hitch, all set up and looking cool. I will take this time to thank Mike for his time & hard work to bring us forum members useful tools like this.

Thanks Mike.

Tomtreas

n3wb
Reaction score
Mike,

Do you have any ETA on when my 2nd location is going to be able to display something other than -999.9 degrees? I don't have a lot of mulitple locations, but I do have one and would very much like to get that corrected post haste.

Thanks!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike,

Do you have any ETA on when my 2nd location is going to be able to display something other than -999.9 degrees? I don't have a lot of mulitple locations, but I do have one and would very much like to get that corrected post haste.

Thanks!
Hoping within the next few weeks!

Kevin Chen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, all,

I am new to this tool. However, I can only access the Weather overlay tab, not the other 3 tabs (watchdog, web server files, options). System is Windows server 2008R2 vm on ESXi6.7. Also tried Windows server 2016 vm, same problem.

I am not even sure if the tool is working or not, since I am using direct-to-disc recording, I don't expect the weather info will be imprinted on the video. I wanted to use this tool for other features, however, not sure if it is working at all. It seems to be reading weather info from WU, that is about all I can tell.

Last edited: