Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for the follow up. I didn't find the update.exe, but I guess I didn't look beyond the root of the install directory. I'll point to the temp folder in BIT and see if that doesn't get me back to renaming the updates as they roll out. Hopefully they do even with the watchdog turned off.

ETA: Well, I guess I won't do that - as there doesn't appear to be a way to specify the source path for the update location. Guess we'll just have to wait for Mike :)

Incidentally, @Mike - if and when you do update the path to the new location for the update.exe, would it be possible to make that a user-configurable option? This way, if Ken changes the location in the future, it would preclude you from having to hard code it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMP

stillgrey

n3wb
Reaction score
Using BIT with Ambient Weather and WU
It fails saying check internet. If I pick a random WU station it works. With my station it says failed but Actually gets the temp and humidity. Ambient Weather changed their dashboard yesterday :(
My weather station on WU says wind not available ? Personal Weather Station Dashboard | Weather Underground I do not have UV

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Using BIT with Ambient Weather and WU
It fails saying check internet. If I pick a random WU station it works. With my station it says failed but Actually gets the temp and humidity. Ambient Weather changed their dashboard yesterday :(
My weather station on WU says wind not available ? Personal Weather Station Dashboard | Weather Underground I do not have UV
Make sure there are no glitches between your PWS hardware and the WU website. IF WU shows your unit as off-line, that's the problem. In the past, if my PWS went off line, BIT would simply update (successfully) using the last know reported data. Not anymore. If it's off-line at WU, BIT will throw an error.

stillgrey

n3wb
Reaction score
Make sure there are no glitches between your PWS hardware and the WU website. IF WU shows your unit as off-line, that's the problem. In the past, if my PWS went off line, BIT would simply update (successfully) using the last know reported data. Not anymore. If it's off-line at WU, BIT will throw an error.
:) actually the thing says the battery is dead in the wind thing...........

Thanks, will report back after I get off the roof

stillgrey

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh well, went on the roof replaced the batteries (without testing them first) Still did not show up. Upgraded the firmware on ObserverIP Now the wind is still not working nor is outside temp that was.... Oh well I know wrong forum

stillgrey

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh well, went on the roof replaced the batteries (without testing them first) Still did not show up. Upgraded the firmware on ObserverIP Now the wind is still not working nor is outside temp that was.... Oh well I know wrong forum
just unlucky :) When I put batteries on the roof a sticker came off inside and sat on the bottom of the bat. Then I upgraded observerip and did not select my station so all I had was indoor. Long and short, once all my sensors came back online BIT works :)

stillgrey

n3wb
Reaction score
Says I can't access that setting using my standard Google account, must be a G Suite account. I have no idea.
I have free gmail, not gsuite. I got your error, then i flipped to allow less secure and it worked
try searching for enable less secure apps gmail

or if you are actuall connected with comcast, use that email

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have free gmail, not gsuite. I got your error, then i flipped to allow less secure and it worked
try searching for enable less secure apps gmail

or if you are actuall connected with comcast, use that email
Comcast worked. Thanks

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Am I correct in that Blue Iris Tools backups of BI updates is still not working and hasn't for a while?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks Mike.
For anyone else, is there an online repository with recent updates I can access, or if anyone hasn't updated to 5.2.2.5 and still has an update file in their programdata folder, I could use it (x64 version).
5.2.2.5 x64 seems to cause my BI install to regularly freeze/lock up.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike.
For anyone else, is there an online repository with recent updates I can access, or if anyone hasn't updated to 5.2.2.5 and still has an update file in their programdata folder, I could use it (x64 version).
5.2.2.5 x64 seems to cause my BI install to regularly freeze/lock up.
Yes, check the Blue Iris Update Bot

Reaction score
I had to wipe my Blue Iris computer. I exported my Blue Iris tools as a back up. How do I import the back up back into the new version of Blue Iris tools? Thanks