Camera and Nvr compatibility

tim8

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey, a complete newbie to the surveillance field. I have a couple of questions. So from what I gather, dahua and hikvision are two major players in the field. Most people feel that dahua is better so I've been looking into their cameras. For now, I'm looking to start off easy with 4-6 wireless cameras (I don't want to wire; it's not an option at the moment). I initially saw these q-see wireless cameras Wi-Fi 3MP Bullet Security Camera (QCW3MP1B) and wanted to buy them. However, I found out that dahua makes these cameras. So I found their oem versions - DH-IPC-HFW13A0SN-W . My question now is what nvr are comparable with these cameras? I'm looking for either a 8 or 16 channel. Also, apparently some are loud and others are quieter? I need the quieter ones since the machine will most likely be sitting on my desk in my bedroom where I sleep.

Also, what would happen if I bought a dahua nvr and used the q see cameras? Would they still work?

Also, what app is used to remote view on iPhone and android. Does it work well? This is an important part since one of the main reasons for installing cameras is the ability to remote view when I'm not home.

Thanks for all the help!

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Tim8,

Welcome to the forum!
Everyone was a newbie once.

Your questions are similar to many others. So many newbies, so little time. As a result, many experienced folks have grown tired of answering the same questions over and over.
So here's some threads to help with your learning curve:
Help with new system
Need help with setup options for a new NVR and Camera Combo
Hey need some advice Please help

I'm looking to start off easy with 4-6 wireless cameras
Wireless sucks. I eventually ran wire to my wireless cam, to avoid the need to reboot the camera every 2 to 5 days.
OUTDOOR WIRELESS CAMERA RECOMMENDATIONS
New member from Pacific Northwest
Wireless ip cam

Also, apparently some are loud and others are quieter?
Some (Dahua) QC8816 NVR fan noise louder than others.
Dahua DHI-NVR4208-4K
Dahua DHI-NVR4208-4K

what app is used to remote view on iPhone and android.
I went with Dahua, and use the gDMSS android app from Dahua. Works great. YMMV.
What apps do you guys use to access your cameras?
Which android app to use

Again, welcome!
There's a wealth of info here for you to mine.Do some homework, then we'll help with any specific questions you come up with.

Fastb