Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware

gtortone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
can you explain how to generate a correct "TranslateCheckCode" ?

Thanks a lot !!

Okay so I generated a correct "TranslateCheckCode" for the english translation which I have placed in SimpChinese.txt - got English interface:

but still crashing after a random time interval!!! ARGH!!
So I found this lol:

Notice the rand() % 60, random amount of seconds between 0 and 60 ;)
Time to debug some shit, wish me luck!
Okay so I generated a correct "TranslateCheckCode" for the english translation which I have placed in SimpChinese.txt - got English interface:

but still crashing after a random time interval!!! ARGH!!
So I found this lol:

Notice the rand() % 60, random amount of seconds between 0 and 60 ;)
Time to debug some shit, wish me luck!

nhocti

n3wb
Reaction score
@cor35vet, Can you help me!
If you're in HCM city, i can help you. But only for personal usage only.
Actually, you can use the app on pc to setup the nvr and use mobile app to view. They support both English ang Vietnamese language

absentvs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!
I have a IPC-HDBW4631R-S with the latest Chinese firmware. It works now, but constantly connects with Chinese IP addresses. And I can't add it to IMOU application.
I need a firmware with a patch. Does anyone make the firmware for the price?

michbak

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
i have bricked my HDBW4631R-ZS while uploading a new Firmware.
This is a "Chinese only". I have only Access with Putty over Seriel and TFTP.
Only the SSH port is open, no Telnet. And for SSH i have no Password ....
I don't find a working Firmware, could anybody help me?

Last edited:

adanhawth

n3wb
Reaction score
you need this firmware version
DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Eos4_Chn_PN_Stream3_V2.600.0000.4.R.20170605.bin
If you change anything in this version of the firmware, change the checksums and the firmware will not to update
Where can someone grab this file from?

Last edited:

aplottier

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I managed to unpack the firmware but it gives me the following error:

[root@localhost Dahua-Firmware-Mod-Kit]# ./extract.py dvr.bin -c NVR4xxx
WARNING Found config: NVR4xxx
INFO Extracting 7 files to: 'dvr.bin.extracted'
INFO Processing 'Install.lua'.
INFO Processing 'u-boot.bin.img'.
INFO Processing 'romfs-x.cramfs.img'.
INFO Processing 'web-x.cramfs.img'.
INFO Processing 'custom-x.cramfs.img'.
CRITICAL Missing dependency: 'cramfsck'
ERROR 'CramFS' handler returned non-zero return value for file: 'custom-x.cramfs.img.raw'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./extract.py", line 238, in <module>
extractor.Extract(args.source)
File "./extract.py", line 113, in Extract
raise Exception("Handler returned non-zero return value!")
Exception: Handler returned non-zero return value!

how can I solve it?

Daledj

n3wb
Reaction score
This has been a very helpful thread. I have a few comments/questions:

1) I have an IPC-HFW4431R-Z camera that started acting up. After a reboot, the webpage and video would not work for about 8 hours, but it pinged successfully and I could see in my router that it was calling out to China for the standard Easy4ip junk. Once 8 or so hours would go by, it would start to work properly. I tried loading your IPC-HX4XXX-NAND-Eos (-ZS models) firmware, but it failed with a wrong firmware error. I then loaded your IPC-HX4XXX-Eos ("Eco-savvy 2.0" 3rd gen) firmware and it restored the camera to perfect health including zoom control. Thank you! I suggest that you add HFW4431R-Z to the list of cameras supported by the firmware in the first post in this thread.

2) I also have an IPD-HFW5431R-Z camera (Chinese). It is advertised as being the upgraded version of the HFW4431R-Z. It comes with an firmware that supports English and advertises itself as 2.621.0000.28.R, Build Date: 2017-09-12; Web Version: 3.2.1.495007; ONVIF version: 16.12(V2.3.1.460928). It does not have an tab/option to disable Easy4ip and I would really like to disable it because it keeps calling out to China to some bad server every few seconds. The firmware also does not appear to have Telnet enabled on 23 or 2300 or elsewhere that I can find (nor can it be enabled with via the web cgi-bin command). Is is possible for one of you to make a firmware version for this camera that support the Easy4ip tab (and, ideally, telnet)? Is there another way to easily disable the Easy4ip stuff?

3) Finally (and I realize this may belong in another thread, but where?) I noticed that the Dahua Config tool version 4.05 started to work in broadcast discovery mode once I installed Windows 10 version 1809. On previous Windows 10 versions, it failed unless I scanned my local network segment explicitly. Nice! I upgraded my Wireshark to version 3.0 (along with installing the new, recommended, npCap driver). Since installing this the broadcast discovery mode for the Config tool will not work (even if I uninstall Wireshark and npCap or do a system restore in Windows 10). Config tool does work in broadcast mode on other Windows 10, version 1809, machines where I have not installed Wireshark. Any ideas are welcome.

Jude201186

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I turned the P2P off. I also setup a private VPN server to access to these cameras so I disable all P2P, uPNP, everything that may connects to Dahua or internet. I will try to look at which IP the camera try to connect to and get you back soon.
The the strange thing is that I could not see this behavior on other Dahua cams (I have bunches of IPC-HDW4431A-C and 1225C, those from China market, not international version)
@larwvard which fimware you using for DH-IPC-HDW1225C- can you send to my email ? zhudeping2011@vip.163.com?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a VTO2111D-WP which after a firmware update via VDPConfig was bricked.
I suppose the bootloader is corrupted, because after several attempts explain in this forum to recover the VTO, I´ve never achieved success.
The last try,I use de NCOM and the TFTP Server method explained here, but after hall connected, I have never seen any info in the NCOM.
Nevertheless the NCOM shows connectivity to my VTO: NCOM v1.02 (COM3, 115200bps).
And the TFTP Server identifies the correct VTO IP which is: 192.168.1.110.
The picture explain my setup.
image1.jpegimage2.jpeg

Any idea/help to recover the bootloader of my VTO2111D-WP?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Hello, no I wasn’t able to get any code on the PuTTY, but the serial port/usb device, has communicated with the Vto.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What "has communicated with the Vto."?
If you do not get any output on bootup, you are definetly not on the correct pins.