Dahua IP intercom: VTO3211D-P2 (new P & P4 ) door station - experience, review, firmware support?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Right, but I guess VTOXXX would fit it?
Do you have any FW image (no matter how old) for the VTO3211D-P2? Then I could look into it and see, if it is similar/compatible with this one.

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right, but I guess VTOXXX would fit it?
Do you have any FW image (no matter how old) for the VTO3211D-P2? Then I could look into it and see, if it is similar/compatible with this one.
Me not - but maybe someone else can provide one!?

INT

Steff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The version on my VTO3211D-P2 is 2017-06-30 V1.200.0000.
I don't see a possibility to extract the firmware.
Anyhow, as long everything runs Ok, I see no need to update the firmware (except you need the SIP access).
Or are there known improvements?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Off course, it's almost impossible to extract it from a device. What I would need is a firmware upgrade image.
But either there is none available or I'm just too dumb to find.

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Off course, it's almost impossible to extract it from a device. What I would need is a firmware upgrade image.
But either there is none available or I'm just too dumb to find.
Yes, that seems to the challenge to find a firmware image. So far I was out of luck but I believe that eventually we will find one with the help of the forum.
As far as I understand there is only the English firmware out - correct!?

INT

Sent by me using Tapatalk

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Although the pics of the webif look very similar to my VTO2000A, the firmware is pretty sure NOT compatible.
I just analyzed brand new fw "General_VTOXXX_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V3.300.0000001.0.R.20180105" and there is nothing in reagardin VTO3211D.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did anybody else experience problems with the reachability of the VTO‘s WebUI?
I only get the background, no login fields. It could not be usual to reboot the device before accessing it. Video and intercom still works fine with iDMSS.
IMG_0858.JPG

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I noticed this problem too with my VTO2000A. Since using internet explorer no problems anymore.
Obviously the webserver is optimized for M$ IE (funny due to linux is running on the device).

Steff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Guys you are right. This is one of the quirks and one of the reasons why the devices feel a little bit outdated.
On both VTOs (VTO3221D-P2 and VTO2000A) I can only login from a windows machine via IE in compatibility mode/window.
With the Mac I see only a grey screen like you @Crazykiller. In OSX no chance to login, also not with PaleMoon.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, I tried with the Laptop and IE and it worked. I thought I already logged in with my iPad, but to be honest, I’m not sure. All Dahua cams and NVR work with iPad and it’s browsers, so what did they do so differently in the VTO‘s firmware?

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I tried with the Laptop and IE and it worked. I thought I already logged in with my iPad, but to be honest, I’m not sure. All Dahua cams and NVR work with iPad and it’s browsers, so what did they do so differently in the VTO‘s firmware?
VTOs are perhaps different hardware and of course offer different functions.
Especially the VTO3211D-P2 might be even very different in hardware/software(?) then the ones before (VTO2000A etc. ) since it got a different camera.... and supports the POE standard fully.

Does anyone know or has an idea what hardware powers the VTO3211D-P2!?

INT

Sent by me using Tapatalk

Last edited:

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it use standard poe,802.3
Exactly... In contrast to theVTO2000A - which needs a non standard POE supply.
That's one reason that I believe that the hardware must be different, maybe very different.

INT

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

is anyone aware of what SoC does power e.g. the VTO3211D-P2?
And since they are Linux powered - what Linux do they run?

Thanks,
INT

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

is anyone aware of what SoC does power e.g. the VTO3211D-P2?
And since they are Linux powered - what Linux do they run?

Thanks,
INT
The linux you find on embedded device like a camera or router is a bit different from the desktop distros you may be used to. Dahua likes to violate the GPL and doesn't release source for their open source components, I guess nobody's sued them yet.

If you can get a full ssh shell not the crippled dsh on recent products or get the serial 3.3v console working you should be able to figure out what the SoC is. Taking it apart could also yield some answers. There aren't too many people here who have bought this product, so the pool of knowledge about it isn't that deep.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The linux you find on embedded device like a camera or router is a bit different from the desktop distros you may be used to. Dahua likes to violate the GPL and doesn't release source for their open source components, I guess nobody's sued them yet.

If you can get a full ssh shell not the crippled dsh on recent products or get the serial 3.3v console working you should be able to figure out what the SoC is. Taking it apart could also yield some answers. There aren't too many people here who have bought this product, so the pool of knowledge about it isn't that deep.

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In this picture the SoC is made by HiSilicon. It's a little hard to read all the letters, but I think it's a HI3516. Not finding a whole lot more specific, but variants to the 3516 are A7 or ARM926

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a Hi3516 SoC as in many other cheap chinese ip cams / doorbells.
I "played" a while ago with a device with similar hardware (EBELL ATZ-DBV003P). As soon as you have UART access, you can do almost anything with the device. I even crosscompiled a mqtt client,...
Anyhow, what is your goal? Even if you have access to the device and it's rootfs, I would stay with the dahua software which is much better then most other devices in this price region.

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In this picture the SoC is made by HiSilicon. It's a little hard to read all the letters, but I think it's a HI3516. Not finding a whole lot more specific, but variants to the 3516 are A7 or ARM926
Hi there,

I tend to agree:
upload_2018-4-19_11-20-1.png
I added this info to the 1st post.

Thanks for looking!
INT